Page 65 of 110 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 3283

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Normally I would not be a festival advocate, but given the bands strict rules on picture taking/cell phones and mandatory seats installed into the venues, I would actually encourage people to go to a festival to see any Maynard type bands instead of attending their headlining gigs.

At least all those rules get thrown out the window at festivals.

If there are any APC/Tool fanatics out there, I would suggest checking them out at rock on the range in 2018. Both bands are on that bill and will have pits and nothing Maynard and friends can do about it!

Interestingly enough though, those 2011 shows were at venues without seats. When I saw them in Seattle for the MDN night, it was open floor concept. That was a really good show. I'd suggest catching them at a festival for a better experience. (i'm not helping the sale of tickets here now, am I? lol)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Y’all know these tours are put together by concert promoters and agencies, right? The band may or may not get to choose where and how they wanna play and the label’s just going with what their promoters offer them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    To a certain extent, yes. I always thought it was management/the band along with promoters who made these decisions.

For instance if Trnet wants to do clubs, who’s gonna tell him no? Or when Tool plays their yearly mini tour I’m sure they have a lot of say as to what states they travel through.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    That's not entirely how this works for a band like APC. For them to make the jump from club band to smaller-to-biggish arena act for the first time in their career, they were consulted and signed off on the move. It wasn't just offered and booked for them by the promoter & their mgmt. They were involved in the decision, and want to try it.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Show was decent. Highlight was actually "Counting bodies like sheep" that song sounded fantastic in a live arena setting.

Show was more packed then I thought it was going to be, so that's good. Don't want an underselling show to the point where they won't play here again.
    We had shitty seats at the back of the floor, so instead we just hung out in the lobby area right above to the left side of the stage when the band played, was better viewing there. Nobody said anything, the whole row of seats in front of us was even vacant for the whole show, so 3/4 into the set we just took those seats, lol.

I dug the new tracks more than the older stuff as well.
    Feathers still does nothing for me.
    The one song I wanted was "thinking of you" and it wasn't played, boo.

As for merch, I didn't buy anything. The only thing I cared about was a shirt off to the side that wasn't being sold to the public, it was the shirt that people who paid for VIP got. The prices were outrageous. $50 for a t-shirt, $70 for a longsleeve and get ready for this........ $125 for the hoody!!!! These are Canadian prices, but still..... $125 for a hoody!? What the hell is the band smoking... I'll do the conversion for you folks, that's $97US! Almost $100US for a hoody! hahahahahahahaha!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-01-2017 at 02:52 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Can they actually install the stage closer to the middle of an arena, so that GA floor become a bit smaller and more packed, depending on the sales? Not just APC, any band in general. Or is it not possible due to seats on the sectors?

re: Counting Bodies
    I've always preferred Pet to CB when comparing studio versions, but in the live environment, I think Bodies always sounds better (as demonstrated on Sound and Echo box set). Pet guitar effects just doesn't have the same impact live. Billy also said something along the lines that it's the hardest song to play live for them (or just him) in a video that explored their guitars/bass touring rigs.
    Last edited by fillow; 12-01-2017 at 05:42 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Show was decent. Highlight was actually "Counting bodies like sheep" that song sounded fantastic in a live arena setting.

Show was more packed then I thought it was going to be, so that's good. Don't want an underselling show to the point where they won't play here again.
    We had shitty seats at the back of the floor, so instead we just hung out in the lobby area right above to the left side of the stage when the band played, was better viewing there. Nobody said anything, the whole row of seats in front of us was even vacant for the whole show, so 3/4 into the set we just took those seats, lol.

I dug the new tracks more than the older stuff as well.
    Feathers still does nothing for me.
    The one song I wanted was "thinking of you" and it wasn't played, boo.

As for merch, I didn't buy anything. The only thing I cared about was a shirt off to the side that wasn't being sold to the public, it was the shirt that people who paid for VIP got. The prices were outrageous. $50 for a t-shirt, $70 for a longsleeve and get ready for this........ $125 for the hoody!!!! These are Canadian prices, but still..... $125 for a hoody!? What the hell is the band smoking... I'll do the conversion for you folks, that's $97US! Almost $100US for a hoody! hahahahahahahaha!
    I definitely have a LOT of extra VIP shirts...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Can they actually install the stage closer to the middle of an arena, so that GA floor become a bit smaller and more packed, depending on the sales? Not just APC, any band in general. Or is it not possible due to seats on the sectors?

re: Counting Bodies
    I've always preferred Pet to CB when comparing studio versions, but in the live environment, I think Bodies always sounds better (as demonstrated on Sound and Echo box set). Pet guitar effects just doesn't have the same impact live. Billy also said something along the lines that it's the hardest song to play live for them (or just him) in a video that explored their guitars/bass touring rigs.
    Yes- but I’m guessing it may depend on the bands production size, particularly the width of it all. There were a few Tension shows that had the stage closer to the middle of the arena. I was at the Spokane show which had it, and it was amazing. As big as something like Tension was, there were no side screens or lighting platforms to the side of the stage.

+3 for Counting Bodies. It’s one of APC’s better live songs.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Show was pretty good! My wife and I were in the 2nd row on the floor in the middle but for whatever reason the VIP seatholders directly in front of us didn't show, so at least an unobstructed view so that was a bonus.

- Rolled in halfway through The Beta Machine's set...didn't miss much....yikes. Walking off, Jeff Friedl looked at me and I smiled and waved, so he tossed a drumstick. I caught it and he yelled 'Damn, good catch!' Probably because the stick he threw about 10 seconds prior to our left hit the guy who was trying to catch it diiiiiiirectly in the forehead, hahaha.
    - Never bothered with merch for the reasons @ManBurning said...obviously going in knowing how much it'd be for a shirt you'll wear 1-2 times ever again, I'm good lol.
    - Setlist was very well put together, and the MDN songs sounded terrific, especially the few songs I never really cared for too much (i.e. Magdalena...it's good and all, but live apparently is the only way to really feel it apparently).
    - The Doomed is still meh. Still so seemingly stitched together, sort of formulaic...oh well, not like it's a bad song or anything.
    - Same for Hourglass...it's just too offputting to be enjoyable...not a bad song, just....meh.
    - MJK's voice was definitely on point and the band sounded great.
    - Billy Howerdel tossed out a few picks after the show and managed to get one. So that was a nice keepsake. Fun night!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Yes - they're called "half floor" shows, and they're usually sold as such from the beginning; not shrunk down if it looks like sales are poor. The tours that do that will often do so for the entire run, not just at select dates. If it happens last-minute, it's usually because someone made a massive "whoops" and it turns out they can't physically put the show where they're supposed to due to rigging requirements (basically, how much weight can the building hold and WHERE can it hold it). But those are very, very rare instances.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Show was pretty good! My wife and I were in the 2nd row on the floor in the middle but for whatever reason the VIP seatholders directly in front of us didn't show, so at least an unobstructed view so that was a bonus.

- Rolled in halfway through The Beta Machine's set...didn't miss much....yikes.
    Damn, front row was left vacant. I'm assuming they were checking tickets for anyone that was row 1 to ensure they belonged up there. Otherwise, if I knew that I would have jacked those seats lol.

Regarding the Beta Machine, yeah huge snooze fest there! We listened to 2 songs and went out to the lobby for the rest of their set to eat/drink. That's when we determined that we had a way better view just hanging in the balcony area by the stage instead of going back to our crummy back of the floor seats.

Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I definitely have a LOT of extra VIP shirts...
    Why and how do you have a whole bunch of left over VIP shirts?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Damn, front row was left vacant. I'm assuming they were checking tickets for anyone that was row 1 to ensure they belonged up there. Otherwise, if I knew that I would have jacked those seats lol.

Regarding the Beta Machine, yeah huge snooze fest there! We listened to 2 songs and went out to the lobby for the rest of their set to eat/drink. That's when we determined that we had a way better view just hanging in the balcony area by the stage instead of going back to our crummy back of the floor seats.

Why and how do you have a whole bunch of left over VIP shirts?
    I did a lot of vip on the tour...

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    my friend sent me pics from last night's show. well, pics of the empty seats in the upper and lower bowl. looked depressing.

a headlining arena tour was awfully lofty, guys.
    Last edited by kel; 12-02-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    That's not entirely how this works for a band like APC. For them to make the jump from club band to smaller-to-biggish arena act for the first time in their career, they were consulted and signed off on the move. It wasn't just offered and booked for them by the promoter & their mgmt. They were involved in the decision, and want to try it.
    That’s true. But I wonder if their brand new contract with BMG didn’t come with some stipulations. Island really put a bunch of expectations on Billy when they signed Ashes Divide because they assumed he’d have the same draw as Maynard (IMO). APC has a really deep fanbase but it’s not very broad. I don’t think big labels particularly know how to handle that sort of thing.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I don't remember them doing this back then.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post

I don't remember them doing this back then.
    Oh, man, I loved them getting James to tell bad jokes or sing unpopular songs.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    James has always been, and continues to be, the diamond in the rough with that band. I fucking love his banter.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Not sure if this is the appropriate place (I thought about resurrecting the old ASHES dIVIDE thread) but Billy recently scored/acted in his first movie titled D-Love.

The full film will be streaming for the next two weeks free of charge at http://www.dlovethemovie.com if any of you are interested in checking it out.
    Last edited by Jaimie; 12-27-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Maynard J Keenan@mjkeenan 4m4 minutes agoMore

Have your headphones ready Tuesday Morning. New Years treat. Find a nice spot under a tree, by water, mountain view, etc. #crypticenough? #apc2018

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, I'll be frank.

I'm erect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    “We have been overrun by our animal desire” is the first line but god that takes a lot of work to do.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Billy's instagram story says the countdown ends tomorrow. He is supposed to be on Matt Pinfield's podcast tomorrow so maybe they'll premiere the song there.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Billy's instagram story says the countdown ends tomorrow. He is supposed to be on Matt Pinfield's podcast tomorrow so maybe they'll premiere the song there.
    Someone record that podcast!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Someone record that podcast!

It's a download podcast, available on any podcast service. It's called 2 hours with Matt Pinfield

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hm. At the start I was really feeling it. I was like THIS is the apc I’ve been waiting for! Then the long quiet section... it just feels disjointed to me. Like two separate songs. I like it but it definitely didn’t go where I expected it to.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Limited edition vinyl single for The Doomed/ Disillusioned.
    https://store.aperfectcircle.com/pro...ioned-10-vinyl