Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Seems to have popped up on Amazon UK site but currently unavailable:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00GJCRJM0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimie View Post
    After Fedex left the slip for mine I signed the slip and put PLEASE LEAVE PACKAGE on it (and they did) but the signature required box was not checked...

Also I just called the guy about my broken box and he seemed annoyed as FUCK haha he must be getting bombarded right now.He knew EXACTLY which part of the frame was broken though so I am assuming this is going to be a common issue.
    Did the guy you talk to say anything specific? Im not sure what they can do about this since it is a limited run....mine was already cracked when i took it out of the box.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Did the guy you talk to say anything specific? Im not sure what they can do about this since it is a limited run....mine was already cracked when i took it out of the box.
    I think the point should be that if you sell a limited edition you hold some back for breakage. Not sell them all and say tough shit your stuff got broken.

Of course this is just my opinion and I could be completely wrong.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I think the point should be that if you sell a limited edition you hold some back for breakage. Not sell them all and say tough shit your stuff got broken.

Of course this is just my opinion and I could be completely wrong.

Usually, smart companies do that, like Mondo for their limited posters. Usually. And the companies have to be smart. Usually.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

As far as the Stone and Echo DVD goes, it looks like it was edited by someone with my video editing skills (I have none) and the dvd menu looks like a bootleg dvd I would have bought off of eBay 15 years ago.

Now with all that said the fanboy in me can't stop watching it. The band was tight (especially towards the end of that tour.) The best "effect" in the dvd is the fact that it rained and made for some killer shots of Billy playing songs with sheets of rain in front of him! <3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ugh, I want to watch it so bad. Still haven't gotten the box.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renholder View Post
    I know one of my friends said they just sent her's out late last week. Have you been able to get a tracking number?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I hate USPS, assuming it's coming through that.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-24-2013 at 01:01 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Stone and Echo DVD was waaay better than I had anticipated. I know it's been mentioned many times but damn, the Emotive songs are really good live. I completely stopped noticing the cheap looking effects after awhile.

I am happy to say that crappy broken piece of plastic aside, I'm satisfied with the box set.

Since I'm spending Christmas eve at work, might as well be spending it listening to APC live all day.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

I can't vouch for the menu since I only have it through iTunes, but the editing is really rough up to about Rose or so when a rhythm and theme starts to emerge. Before that it's really rough.

As someone who's edited a fair amount of video, I'm very sure that first 20-30 minutes of awkwardness is all covering for bad footage. The digital zooms, snappy cuts. and such. That's kind of to be expected, though, when doing a multicam shoot like this. Unless they had it all coordinated which is expensive, they had one chance to get everything right.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post

Since I'm spending Christmas eve at work, might as well be spending it listening to APC live all day.
    Me too. Heck I just brought the DVD in to have it running in the background.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My copy of the By and Down promo came today. It's a full jewelcase with front and back artwork. Pretty cool. I figured it'd be a cardboard sleeve.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Any chance you could scan that for us?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't have a scanner :-(

I would like to get one, though. I feel like I'm kind of obligated to make an archive like nincollector for APC stuff, since I have such a ridiculous amount of it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Is the itunes version of the live shows out yet?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Is the itunes version of the live shows out yet?
    Yeah it's been out for a while man.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yea, no thanks. 30 bucks for three live albums is not worth the bargain. maybe if it was at least 10 bucks cheaper.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Yea, no thanks. 30 bucks for three live albums is not worth the bargain. maybe if it was at least 10 bucks cheaper.
    You could always spread it out. I was gonna buy one when I get back from home from Christmas with the family, then the other two sometime later, and the DVD at some point - but after my car accident, I gotta save all those little expenses for later in the year, after I have a car again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So I was just listening to the live version of "Passive" from the eMotive live album, and instead of signing "passive aggressive bullshit" at the end he says "pass the pretzels bullshit, we're out of pretzels bullshit." Any idea why he makes this change? It was a weird change the caught me off guard and took me out of the song.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    So I was just listening to the live version of "Passive" from the eMotive live album, and instead of signing "passive aggressive bullshit" at the end he says "pass the pretzels bullshit, we're out of pretzels bullshit." Any idea why he makes this change? It was a weird change the caught me off guard and took me out of the song.
    I think he just likes to change things. On the 2011 tour he would never say Magdalena. I heard Justin Bieber, Jeffery Friedl, my Philly cheesesteak. Just to name a few.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    They always had pretzels on stage on that tour, to counteract the ridiculous amount of Maynard's wine that they were drinking. At the last show of the tour, a bag of pretzels ended up getting tossed into the crowd and Maynard threatened to castrate the guy that caught it if he didn't share them.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

They always had pretzels on stage on that tour, to counteract the ridiculous amount of Maynard's wine that they were drinking. At the last show of the tour, a bag of pretzels ended up getting tossed into the crowd and Maynard threatened to castrate the guy that caught it if he didn't share them.
    They were so wasted on the last show of the 2011 tour. Made for a very memorable night.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    They were so wasted on the last show of the 2011 tour. Made for a very memorable night.
    Yep. Really glad I bootlegged that one.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Just got home from vacation and got my box set. For the price the thing is put together poorly and feels cheap. The content better blow my fucking mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone that bought the Stone & Echo box set managed to get a replacement for a damaged copy? I've heard a worrying rumour they didn't keep any copies back to use as replacements.

Mine just arrived in UK, damaged AND with a $510 customs declaration form (no idea where that came from as the box was $149.95) which meant I had to fork up another $125 in customs charges before they'd deliver it.

I'm hoping Total Music have good customer service at this point...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idoru View Post
    Has anyone that bought the Stone & Echo box set managed to get a replacement for a damaged copy? I've heard a worrying rumour they didn't keep any copies back to use as replacements.

Mine just arrived in UK, damaged AND with a $510 customs declaration form (no idea where that came from as the box was $149.95) which meant I had to fork up another $125 in customs charges before they'd deliver it.

I'm hoping Total Music have good customer service at this point...
    I think you are going to be disappointed. Good luck and stay persistent. Get your credit card company involved if you have to.

From what I've heard there was zero stock held back.

jaimie Guest
    Holy shit ANOTHER $125?! That's insane! What parts of it were damaged?

I have not tried to call back but when I spoke with the guy a few weeks ago he didn't seem very optimistic about getting another box to me. He told me to call back and he would "see what he could do" which I took to mean he would see if he received any returns that he could send to me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The resin is all cracked & broken off at the back of the "frame" - there's quite a few people posted already on APC Facebook page with the same. I haven't had a response yet, but I've seen someone say they were told it was supposed to break away so you could hang the frame on the wall - sounds to me like they're getting creative as a lot of people are emailing/calling with problems. At least all the discs were there in mine, some people are reporting having 2 Stone & Echo CD2's & no DVD.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I still haven't even gotten mine.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Haven't got mine yet either.