0 Post(s)
    @aggroculture

I know,we got carried away a bit.. we're venting

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Can someone shoot me a PM please??

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I wish ppl would stop running into the APC or Puscifer threads and immediately complaining about the lack of Tool material.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I wish ppl would stop running into the APC or Puscifer threads and immediately complaining about the lack of Tool material.
    Seriously. Given the recent material of everyone involved, that's nothing to complain about.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Personally, I could give a flying fuck if Tool ever releases anything again.

I'll gobble up whatever they release but I'm fine with the lack of new music and honestly am not yearning for any.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe its just me but i don't care about their recent individual material.The artists involved in APC and Tool created their most successful music and critically acclaimed work with these bands.i would like it if they focus on these bands more.

They should take Trent as an example,what he did in these last four years really surprised me.He did his own thing and then released a great NIN album.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaNiN View Post
    Maybe its just me but i don't care about their recent individual material.The artists involved in APC and Tool created their most successful music and critically acclaimed work with these bands.i would like it if they focus on these bands more.

They should take Trent as an example,what he did in these last four years really surprised me.He did his own thing and then released a great NIN album.
    They aren't as awesome or as talented as Trent though.

"lol I'm Maynard and I sing over complex stuff"

"lol I'm Trent and I make all the complex stuff then sing over it"

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I think some of Puscifer easily stands alongside A Perfect Circle or Tool.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

"lol I'm Maynard and I sing over complex stuff"

"lol I'm Trent and I make all the complex stuff then sing over it"
    complexity is a weird thing. most nine inch nails music is not that musically complex; it can be annoyingly formulaic. Trent's 'complexity' is in sonic sculpting most of the time. Maynard's singing over Tool songs is, like Tool songs, actually pretty 'musically' complex.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Personally, I could give a flying fuck if Tool ever releases anything again.

I'll gobble up whatever they release but I'm fine with the lack of new music and honestly am not yearning for any.
    Yup, exactly how I feel. I don't even look at the Tool thread when it is bumped and I haven't went out of my way in the past 2 years to look up updates or news about what they're doing. When it comes out, it comes out. Plus, being how hyped up 10,000 days was and me hating most of it didn't go well so we will see what happens . But yea, no yearning over here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Should I sell my Opiate Reissue and get the APC Live Box Set??? As someone who bought the Opiate Reissue it looks like APC did a much better job at packaging material than the Tool release.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYlovesYOU View Post
    Danny did a full length album with Volto! and toured on that record
    which is really good, by the way. sounds like Tool meets King Crimson, it's moody as hell, and everything is properly structured (as in, they're not just freely improvising all the time; they use a lot of songwriting methods that are easily recognizable). and the HDtracks version sounds like sex! Joe Barresi strikes again!

jaimie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Welllll that's a matter of opinion

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    APC: needs to record and release an album IMMEDIATELY (with Josh Freese back in the band. And Paz).
    Tool: needs to record and release an album IMMEDIATELY.
    Tapeworm: needs to dust off whatever they have and release it IMMEDIATELY (for free on the internet).
    Puscifer: needs to chillax and take a back seat for a bit.
    Caduceus: needs to go away.
    Then we can all die and go to heaven.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    APC: needs to record and release an album IMMEDIATELY (with Josh Freese back in the band. And Paz).
    Tool: needs to record and release an album IMMEDIATELY.
    Tapeworm: needs to dust off whatever they have and release it IMMEDIATELY (for free on the internet).
    Puscifer: needs to chillax and take a back seat for a bit.
    Caduceus: needs to go away.
    I think all of these arguments have already been tossed around in this thread several times, but I don't see any reason to get into them again except to say this: why make demands you know aren't gonna happen?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I was getting a hint of some sarcasm from Agro's post.. I mean we all know that will never happen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYlovesYOU View Post
    Should I sell my Opiate Reissue and get the APC Live Box Set??? As someone who bought the Opiate Reissue it looks like APC did a much better job at packaging material than the Tool release.
    If you're looking at it as an investment, I'd hold onto the Opiate reissue. Tool fans are way more obsessive and will pay top dollar for rare Tool stuff.

If you want a much cooler piece of music/art, with way more content... go for the APC box set.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a high quality rip/recording of "Gravity" live back in the 03-04 days when Maynard sang the higher register at the end? I can't find anything but low res crowd videos.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a high quality rip/recording of "Gravity" live back in the 03-04 days when Maynard sang the higher register at the end? I can't find anything but low res crowd videos.
    http://picosong.com/ytwb/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can someone pm me a working link to the mer de noms demos? The link in this thread refused to load on any browser i tried

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

I know it's not popular around these quarters, but the APC Twitter and Facebook posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by A Perfect Circle
    @aperfectcircle: When we hit 10K views on this video we'll post the THREE SIXTY artwork: http://t.co/Qnd6dZQZSB
    I'm pretty excited about this. Especially the Special Edition.

**I'm also pretty pleased that the band is taking some care in releasing this. It could have been a zero effort record label affair. Instead the band seems to be collaborating to make it worthwhile.
    Last edited by gerbil; 10-09-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Album cover reveal and a sample of the studio version of "By and Down":

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post

Sexy............

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Really ? I found it quite underwhelming. A collection of previous cover arts arranged in a circle thanks to a 3D program from 1998 ? That doesn't yell "creativity"... Then again I'm a fan of a band who labelled both discs of their famous double album "left" and "right" respectively...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Really ? I found it quite underwhelming. A collection of previous cover arts arranged in a circle thanks to a 3D program from 1998 ? That doesn't yell "creativity"... Then again I'm a fan of a band who labelled both discs of their famous double album "left" and "right" respectively...
    If you don't like it, please suffer in silence.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: A Perfect Circle

That is really bad cover art, even by greatest hits standards. Oh well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

The clip of By And Down sounds smooth as hell, though.

Though I'll admit the artwork is a little underwhelming, I like how it brings the artwork round full circle chronologically.
    Last edited by gerbil; 10-10-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post

Are they serious with that? Why not something original? The placeholder art was better than this.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    If you don't like it, please suffer in silence.
    It's cheap and they've only ever released two albums of original material. Times must be hard.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    It's cheap and they've only ever released two albums of original material. Times must be hard.
    If you have such a low opinion of the band, why are you hanging around here, man? There was a Greatest Hits clause in their contract and instead of collecting a check, the band decided to contribute some new and original material.

Lots of respectable bands release cover albums. And as for "only" releasing two original albums, they've still got us talking about them 13 years later.