Thread: The little things that piss you off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    The new management at the apartment complex.

Last month a letter was sent out to all residents reminding them to pick up a new parking permit sticker for their vehicles. The letter stated that the towing company they've hired will boot or tow vehicles that either have expired registration tags, are broken down or have a flat tire. The purpose of this is to clean up the parking lots. Nowhere in the letter does it say vehicles would be booted or towed because of permit stickers. Today, I go outside to leave only to discover that my back driver's side tire has a fucking boot on it and a note attached saying that my vehicle has been booted because I do not have a parking permit sticker. I do have a sticker, I just have chosen not to permanently attach it to my wind shield because it's a huge ass, bright orange sticker. The sticker must have fallen on the floor, so when the tow company was inspecting all vehicles this morning, they must not have seen it. So now I'm waiting on them to remove the boot because they received "miscommunication" from the leasing office. I keep my vehicle in working order and pay my rent on time every month, so why don't you go after the residents who don't comply by lease rules, okay?

Between this and what happened right after Christmas, in which I was without power for nearly a week and nobody from the leasing office toured the complex to check in on residents, I am fed up with this place.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Yeah, you've got to get out of there, Orestes (when you can). That sounds awful.

I also refuse to put the parking sticker in my window because I don't want to have to look at it all the time. My OCD would drive me insane. Fortunately, my place isn't really strict about it.

So...my hot water is back but now I'm waiting for a maintenance person to come by and fix the leak on my toilet. I think it might actually be leaking from two different places, too. They're supposed to be here by 5 and it's 4:13 now. Getting nervous.