Page 251 of 263 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 249 250 251 252 253 261 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,530 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    my bad, dude. no offense meant.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    It's all good @ickyvicky and @Demogorgon ; sorry for kind of snapping at you

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    When you’re on the John taking a crap and feel hungry at the same time.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    When I found this video on YouTube, and saw this guy build this interesting argument using both christian canonical and gnostic scriptures, I was really excited. I thought I'd found a great mysticism based YouTube channel. And don't get me wrong, I still love THIS video.

But when I looked this guy up, it turns out that he is...wait for it...an actual fucking cult leader.
    The video's TRUE purpose is to expose contradiction and turn the viewer toward "Hyperianism," which, of course, is a religion he created, wherein all science AND religion must be destroyed, as they're conspiracies keeping us from ascending as living mathematical equations, or some shit? (It costs money to be properly indoctrinated.)
    Then i found accusations of this dude psychology and financially abusing his members, and the cult generally being regarded as dangerous.

It's a damn shame, too, because he's obviously smart, with a good understanding of one of my favorite subjects.

Edit: I DO still recommend this video, though, if you're into any of this stuff (early jesus movement/gnosticism.)
    Just probably don't order any literature from him.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-02-2022 at 08:30 AM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    some advice for anyone that needs it: Never, ever, ever volunteer to randomly help someone out of a small financial issue. Especially if they are a friend.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    some advice for anyone that needs it: Never, ever, ever volunteer to randomly help someone out of a small financial issue. Especially if they are a friend.
    I learned a long time ago not to "loan" people money unless I can 100% afford to not be paid back. And then, if I'm paid back, it's nice, and if not, i'm still alright

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I learned a long time ago not to "loan" people money unless I can 100% afford to not be paid back. And then, if I'm paid back, it's nice, and if not, i'm still alright
    In this case, I'm gifting someone money, and they're now asking me for more because they're inferring I originally implied I'd gift them more. And he's like, actually getting agitated and pissed. I'm not even fucking joking.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    In this case, I'm gifting someone money, and they're now asking me for more because they're inferring I originally implied I'd gift them more. And he's like, actually getting agitated and pissed. I'm not even fucking joking.
    oh jesus. Yeah, that sucks. I sort of wondered if it was something like that- someone asking for more. If someone got pissed off at me in a situation like that, I honestly probably wouldn't talk to them much more. Kind of like, that's how much it cost to see them clearly.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Here’s the solution:

NO

No fuck off no.

I neither loan nor give people money (except charities); I just give free advice.

Pisses me off: Why the fuck was I born so close to Christmas and in this FREEZING COLD? I’m moving my bday celebration to a warmer month. Screw this. Covid doesn’t make it any easier. For the last THREE YEARS!! After you get to a certain age, the ONLY thing that makes birthdays worth a shit is going out to dinner and CAKE. Last night, we ordered no-contact Italian delivery. But G got me a WOK!! Tonight: Stir fry!!! When life gives ya lemons …
    Last edited by allegro; 01-09-2022 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    The internet keeps getting more...homogeneous, I guess?

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks. I got these drug test kits- mouth swab kits -for a medicine prescribed to me via telehealth.

I wanted to find out how long it takes to pass such a test if I'd had alcohol, and I swear to god, online, I found the same piece of text over and over again. These were different articles and "answers" and such, but I found the same EXACT two or three sentences in about fifteen of the search results.

Also, I keep finding these pages that are just lists of slightly connected questions, like faq style, just full of fucking SEO text.

This is the sort of thing that gave rise to the whole "dead internet" conspiracy theory, I think.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    The internet keeps getting more...homogeneous, I guess?

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks. I got these drug test kits- mouth swab kits -for a medicine prescribed to me via telehealth.

I wanted to find out how long it takes to pass such a test if I'd had alcohol, and I swear to god, online, I found the same piece of text over and over again. These were different articles and "answers" and such, but I found the same EXACT two or three sentences in about fifteen of the search results.

Also, I keep finding these pages that are just lists of slightly connected questions, like faq style, just full of fucking SEO text.

This is the sort of thing that gave rise to the whole "dead internet" conspiracy theory, I think.
    What this is, basically, honestly, is people stealing content.

And hoping to monetize their own pages by offering some kind of product.

1) Buy a web page (cheap, easy)
    2) Steal web content from other pages (easier than having to actually construct your own sentences; actually, many of these pages are from other countries written by people who don't even speak English)
    3) Use programs through Amazon etc. to monetize your site
    4) Someone does a Google search, lands on a page, their site offers a drug test kit, someone clicks on it, buys it, see (1) ... they get money

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Current temperature is -8 F (-22.2 C) and still dropping. Should be down to -10 F (-23.3 C) by the time I have to be at work before it goes up all the way to a high of -2 F (-18.9 C) around 2pm today. Plus wind chills as low as -35 F (-37.2 C)!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    What this is, basically, honestly, is people stealing content.

And hoping to monetize their own pages by offering some kind of product.

1) Buy a web page (cheap, easy)
    2) Steal web content from other pages (easier than having to actually construct your own sentences; actually, many of these pages are from other countries written by people who don't even speak English)
    3) Use programs through Amazon etc. to monetize your site
    4) Someone does a Google search, lands on a page, their site offers a drug test kit, someone clicks on it, buys it, see (1) ... they get money
    Holy shit I think you're right.
    Most of these pages advertised drug test kits or special mouthwash to BEAT drug test kits, and many of them had strange grammatical errors that made me think the writer's first language wasn't english.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Here’s the solution:

NO

No fuck off no.

I neither loan nor give people money (except charities); I just give free advice.

Pisses me off: Why the fuck was I born so close to Christmas and in this FREEZING COLD? I’m moving my bday celebration to a warmer month. Screw this. Covid doesn’t make it any easier. For the last THREE YEARS!! After you get to a certain age, the ONLY thing that makes birthdays worth a shit is going out to dinner and CAKE. Last night, we ordered no-contact Italian delivery. But G got me a WOK!! Tonight: Stir fry!!! When life gives ya lemons …
    Happy birthday. I know the feeling as mine is at the end of this month. The only good thing about having it in the cold is when I was little school got snowed out a few times on the day. Way things are going, I won't have to put up with many more.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Happy birthday. I know the feeling as mine is at the end of this month. The only good thing about having it in the cold is when I was little school got snowed out a few times on the day.
    Thanks! Happy birthday to you, too, and many more!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    this might not exactly be a "piss you off" thing, but finding out that friends have died on social media is a really depleting and surreal thing. It doesn't feel real and then slowly it settles in that this isn't just another meme or picture of somebody's lunch or rant about whatever.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    "If you wanna be a Republican leader in the house or the senate, you HAVE to have a working relationship with President Donald Trump...the leader of the Republican party..."- Lindsey Graham, last night

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    This is more of a sad thing; it certainly doesn't piss me off:

I'm watching Black Market on Vice, where Michael K. Williams investigated various illegal scenes, which was some.of his final work.

I just watched an episode where he dug into the lean (opiate cough syrup mixed with soda) culture in Houston, Dallas, and finally LA.

He referred to himself as a recovering addict, and was actually momentarily in tears discussing one of the people he'd met, and where he saw that person in five years.

Watching this stuff, knowing that we lost him to heroin relatively soon after it was filmed (season two is a posthumous release)...it's just heavy.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Not what I was expecting from my Sunday comics.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Used to, I complained about corporate oligarchy.

It's come to my attention that we STILL have a corporate oligarchy, firmly in place.
    It's just that NOW, we have culture war bullshit and conspiracy theories piled on top of it. It just further obscures things.

It's still PRETTY much business as usual.
    Nothing that costs MONEY has changed.

The only light I see is that many people are sick of it, I think.
    I saw a recent AP poll that shows that over 70% of Americans don't want Biden to run again. ALSO, over 70% of Americans don't want Trump to run again.
    This obviously includes a substantial percentage of both of their respective bases.

Maybe it IS time for a celebrity third party candidate, who could unite people.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    You guys SERIOUSLY need to see THIS shit. Dear sweet mother of god.

This is a big white dude with trump and freedom and 'merica tattoos on his FACE, rapping about how Biden stole the election, among other Newsmax talking points.

And he's cosigned by Roger Stone and the leader of the Proud Boys.

I'm fucking dead.

Last edited by elevenism; 01-31-2022 at 11:57 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    As an English major (@allegro, @allegate @elevenism ), how does a typo of this magnitude even happen with so many eyes on it?

https://7news.com.au/sunrise/on-the-...rror-c-5545918

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    thank you for that, I had a great laugh reading about the Queen's Jubbly.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I need a table to flip over, stat.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm sick of shovelling the fucking snow. Fuck this white horseshit!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    I'm sick of shovelling the fucking snow. Fuck this white horseshit!
    I’ve never seen or felt snow. Throw some of it on me!

I had a nice rude awakening at 4am (it’s now 7am) with excruciating kidney stone pain. I’ve had 3 or 4 in the past. After 2 hours of agony I kind of sat on the toilet with my elbows on my knees and jerked both legs up and down at the same time with my toes, and that somehow got rid of the pain. Kind of like it jerked it around or something and I either passed it or it’s in a less painful spot for the moment. I don’t wish this kind of pain on anyone.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I’ve never seen or felt snow. Throw some of it on me!
    You should take a trip to NSW and go to Perisher ski resort and learn to ski!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    70,000 people are without power in Texas, again.
    Abbot promised that this would NOT happen again.

SO. after this shit happened LAST time, Texas Republicans passed a law that required the power grid to be weatherized.
    They ALSO allowed natural gas companies to NOT declare themselves as critical infrastructure, because the natural gas lobby cut the governor a 7 figure check.

I sure am glad OUR county is one of a TINY handful in the far reaches of the state that ISN'T connected to that fancy power grid they've got.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)