Page 188 of 263 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,640 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    People posting the shooters name and his face. I want him to die for no reason, I want him to die as a nobody. He doesn’t deserve celebrity.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i started feeling weird/sick on monday. i threw up my entire dinner (and part of my lunch) in the evening, which was incredibly painful. i hadn't really thrown up in a while. i spent all day yesterday taking it easy, had some matzoh ball soup, etc. but then i threw up before bed again. i'm still feeling shitty today, and the most frustrating part is how much all the muscles in my neck hurt from throwing up

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe
    hugs to you. hope you're feeling better soon.

printed up my concert tickets this morning, only after printing them did i notice that they looked a lil peculiar...
    i guess my black ink went dry(?)
    so to the store to get more ink to reprint with-a barcodes-a this-a time-a....
    pfffft!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This is more for everyone to laugh at then me being pissed off about (freaking everyone i tell finds it funny as fuck, even the dentist!)

I managed to chip my tooth, which has resulted in needing Root Canal and a Crown (so i'm really poor right now) and i chipped it by...

Sneezing. Yep, i sneezed and in my hand were the fragments of my tooth. And everyone thinks it's the funniest thing ever

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @Haysey
    I'm sorry to hear about the tooth- that sucks (though there are more painful ways to a chip a tooth?)

i had a colleague many yrs ago who fractured a c-spine vertebrae when she sneezed.
    bizarre things do happen in the most obscure, mundane ways.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Why doesn't my phone cast to my Chromecast when there's no Internet? What kind of tin-foil-hat monitoring is going on that they have to send the data somewhere and then send it back to me?

Also I hate "keep me checked in" boxes because they inevitably fail. And I don't mean after a couple weeks, I mean I've had to sign into website multiple times a day and check that box every time. Nope.
    Last edited by allegate; 10-06-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Hey y'all check this bullshit out.
    I ordered 4 bottles of vape juice for which I paid $46 total. Each one cost $13, shipping and all.
    When the package arrived, it had three bottles in it. There was no explanation so I politely contacted the customer service and asked what happened. She said " oh I'm sorry, you should have got an email, we don't have that flavor anymore. " so I was like "ok, that's word, just send me another flavor." But she told me she couldn't do that and would give me store credit.

so here is the kicker: they have me $11.55 in store credit. The thing I bought was $13. I politely asked the lady if there was any way she could like go ahead and give me $13 in store credit, seeing as that's how much fucking money we gave them. But now she won't respond to me.
    In this situation, it's the principle of the thing that infuriates me.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    This shit on autoplay:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Advertising that is just download buttons. I clicked a link to download an APK for the new Pixel launcher and the page had no fewer than six "Download here!" buttons. Which one is the right one? ffs.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've been a victim of stalking both in real life and on the Internet. The thing about stalkers is that they believe their behavior is perfectly normal. They don't think they're stalking someone, just like crazy people don't think they're crazy.
    Last edited by Boots; 10-15-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk"

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    If my package is gonna be in "pre-shipping" for a week, I don't even WANT the tracking number yet. Just tell me when it's actually moving and thus needs to be TRACKED. ))))

(This is completely unrelated to the Sandbag ordeal, as I'm one of the veeery few that's received all my items in perfect condition...)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    If my package is gonna be in "pre-shipping" for a week, I don't even WANT the tracking number yet. Just tell me when it's actually moving and thus needs to be TRACKED. ))))

(This is completely unrelated to the Sandbag ordeal, as I'm one of the veeery few that's received all my items in perfect condition...)
    are you talking about the new john carpenter anthology vinyl? because mine has been in pre-shipment since the 6th and it's driving me fucking nuts.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    are you talking about the new john carpenter anthology vinyl? because mine has been in pre-shipment since the 6th and it's driving me fucking nuts.
    Nah, I do want that anthology though! D: Right now I have a blu-ray set I ordered the other day (Outlaw Star!) and the big box set of Mogwai's new record both in pre-shipping, the latter having been that way for about a month. They sent out an email explaining the delay they're having with shipping, which I 100% understand and can't be frustrated with - but if getting the box sets so they can get them to USPS is the issue, then how in the dicks did USPS already have a tracking number for it?

I mean, at this point I would've been better off buying one of the countless copies I've seen on store shelves by now.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Nah, I do want that anthology though! D: Right now I have a blu-ray set I ordered the other day (Outlaw Star!) and the big box set of Mogwai's new record both in pre-shipping, the latter having been that way for about a month. They sent out an email explaining the delay they're having with shipping, which I 100% understand and can't be frustrated with - but if getting the box sets so they can get them to USPS is the issue, then how in the dicks did USPS already have a tracking number for it?

I mean, at this point I would've been better off buying one of the countless copies I've seen on store shelves by now.
    i think the way tracking numbers work is that they can be claimed by anyone who has the ability to ship things (i.e. they're generated by the USPS but you don't have to go to a post office to claim one, all you have to do is print a shipping label). so the distribution warehouse or whatever prints a shipping label for your package, which claims a tracking number (and e-mails that tracking info to you), but until the package actually gets into the hands of the USPS, it remains in pre-shipment limbo, sitting in the warehouse.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    i think the way tracking numbers work is that they can be claimed by anyone who has the ability to ship things (i.e. they're generated by the USPS but you don't have to go to a post office to claim one, all you have to do is print a shipping label). so the distribution warehouse or whatever prints a shipping label for your package, which claims a tracking number (and e-mails that tracking info to you), but until the package actually gets into the hands of the USPS, it remains in pre-shipment limbo, sitting in the warehouse.
    Oh yeah, I'm certain that's about how it works. The wait with delays just gets under my skin. I'd rather not know until it's ready to go!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    When I order food for everyone but they leave scrapings for me by the time I get back.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Former landlords took our deposit, pulling a Trump move, with all sorts of bullshit charges that should fall under normal wear and tear.
    Not sure what to do: we've sent an email rationally challenging their bills for work they got done on the house after we left; we agreed to pay for one part of the damage we have always admitted to: the rest is stuff they added later ("Oh we didn't notice things were so bad on the walk-through"). They didn't answer.
    My wife wants to let it go: I feel wronged and hurt by this.
    It could be that fighting this is not worth the further pain it will cause.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Not so much piss off as make me incredulous. I'm working on a report and had to reference a government report for some information...

It's in Comic Sans. The titles, the explanations, the graphs. Everything but the page numbers and footers.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    My upstairs neighbors have been arguing this morning and shit makes me concerned. Bleh. I don't think like abuse is happening but I obviously worry about that and if they're a couple they need to break up.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I know a few people who seem to be over-eager in finding stuff racist/offensive when it's simply not, to the point where I am feeling that they are being demonstrably racist by insisting (e.g.) that everyone who paints their face black is doing blackface (e.g. "Gotta Light?" guy) to the point where they're pushing that their opinion matters more than mine (an actual brownface).

**Requires shady Drag Race gif but I'm terrible at looking these things up**

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I know a few people who seem to be over-eager in finding stuff racist/offensive when it's simply not, to the point where I am feeling that they are being demonstrably racist by insisting (e.g.) that everyone who paints their face black is doing blackface (e.g. "Gotta Light?" guy) to the point where they're pushing that their opinion matters more than mine (an actual brownface).

**Requires shady Drag Race gif but I'm terrible at looking these things up**

i'm actually going to a twin peaks themed party on friday (Spoiler: sarah is going as evil coop) and i'm going as evil abe lincoln, aka gotta light guy and i was worried about how much makeup to use because i didn't want anyone to think i was doing anything offensive. i think my position is that i don't want to piss anyone off or have them think i'm an asshole, so idunno. but i can imagine how it's annoying for people to be over-concerned all the time when they don't need to be.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

i'm actually going to a twin peaks themed party on friday (Spoiler: sarah is going as evil coop) and i'm going as evil abe lincoln, aka gotta light guy and i was worried about how much makeup to use because i didn't want anyone to think i was doing anything offensive. i think my position is that i don't want to piss anyone off or have them think i'm an asshole, so idunno. but i can imagine how it's annoying for people to be over-concerned all the time when they don't need to be.
    I'd say two options -

1. Throw a little soot on your face and don't overdo it.
    2. Go monochromatic and try to look like a black and white recreation of how the Woodsman appeared during Part 8.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    I'd say two options -

1. Throw a little soot on your face and don't overdo it.
    2. Go monochromatic and try to look like a black and white recreation of how the Woodsman appeared during Part 8.
    i don't think i'm talented enough (and we don't have enough makeup) for option 2 so my wife and i had already mostly settled on option 1 haha

now i just have to stay awake for a party that starts at 9 (i'm such a grandma)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    the way things like special k cereal and dove chocolates are marketed specifically towards women.

there's this really obnoxious special k commercial where different women are talking about what they eat. at the end one of them goes "and yeah ... we eat chocolate" like it's an act of rebellion.

and dove is just hershey's with pink and lavender wrappings.

ugh, fuck you.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

i can understand people who don’t know TP assuming that. I wanted to go as a TP character for my work party but the dumb twats haven’t seen it. But it’s fully evident watching the series that the Woodsmen are not blackface.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I was on vacation this week and my boss called me last night and asked me to come in today and tomorrow because ... well the ship was sinking apparently.
    I'm pissed ...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I hope you told him he owed you another week of vacation, on him.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    the way things like special k cereal and dove chocolates are marketed specifically towards women.

there's this really obnoxious special k commercial where different women are talking about what they eat. at the end one of them goes "and yeah ... we eat chocolate" like it's an act of rebellion.

and dove is just hershey's with pink and lavender wrappings.

ugh, fuck you.
    to be fair, dove chocolate actually tastes good - hershey's doesn't

but i'm with you, marketing campaigns like that are bullshit. i'm sick of things that simultaneously shame women and try to lift them up.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Very shitty week so far and I'm expect bad news tonight. My best friends mother died from cancer, all the news I keep getting is bad. I need a fucking win soon.
    Everything recently is falling apart, I'm just hanging in there going along for the ride.
    Fuck this week.