Page 104 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    No! Of course I don't!

Wait. Does catnip count? Because back when I had a cat I got him catnip once. This was probably 1999 or 2000.

That comment was a reaction to @Lew who seemed to echo shit I've heard people say when they have kids and get all high and mighty thinking they're special.
    Last edited by Swykk; 03-03-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I have literally had the "but catnip is okay?" argument made to me now, and I don't even know what to say in response to that. I don't know! I think catnip is fine! I think pot is not fine!

And boyfriend won't talk about it with me anymore if I bring it up on Facebook (he knows I'm talking about it here and doesn't like that either) and I PROCESS EXTERNALLY I NEED OPINIONS

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Hot boxing your pets is NOT OK. It's an asshole move of the highest degree.
    Catnip is hysterical though.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I agree with you. But can you articulate to me why you think one is alright and the other isn't if the cat likes both?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    I agree with you. But can you articulate to me why you think one is alright and the other isn't if the cat likes both?
    because catnip is a thing that affects cats uniquely and has not been known to show any negative effects. it just makes them really excited/happy for a bit, and then they calm back down.
    (i'm not getting in a debate about my views on pot because i am staunchly anti-pot for a multitude of reasons, however i'm not gonna tell anyone not to do it)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    When you hot box your cat you're literally forcing your shit on your cat, with catnip you just throw that shit on the ground and the cat does it on its own.

Plus pot smells nasty and it's generally just gross.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    What is catnip? I've heard about it for years but never known what it is lol.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

That comment was a reaction to @Lew who seemed to echo shit I've heard people say when they have kids and get all high and mighty thinking they're special.
    nope, sorry swykk. not even close.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    This isn't another one of those "I'm mad because I can't control my kid in public (especially on a plane) and people got rightfully annoyed by it and what's really happening is that I'm feeling shame and embarrassment." is it?
    I'm not trying to be provocative but that is how a lot of those types of rants end up shaking out and that all was pretty vague on circumstances.
    it was vague on circumstances because i feel and still feel no need to give specifics. i am utilizing a section of the board that is geared toward ranting.
    i would say presuming, not provacative, but i guess i hit a trigger, eh?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What is catnip? I've heard about it for years but never known what it is lol.
    don't smoke it! lol.
    it is dope for cat and is a riot to watch them on.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    don't smoke it! lol.
    it is dope for cat and is a riot to watch them on.
    Is it legal? (I'm so naïve).

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yes, it's legal. It's just a plant that grows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepeta_cataria#Cats

The "weed is smelly and gross" argument is dumb because there are tons of ways to consume weed with no smell, and "gross" is extremely subjective.

I think a better way to word it is that catnip is naturally occurring, and doesn't need anything "done" to it. Cats are naturally attracted to it, and nothing is being forced upon them. Weed either needs to be smoked or vaporized and then blown in their face, or cooked into a food or something.

I mean there really isn't TOO much of a difference between giving a cat an edible weed product and giving them catnip. But the problem comes with dosing and etc. How much is too much? I'm sure with today's weed it wouldn't take much at all to get an animal fucked up.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Also - Screaming children on the train. Jesus fuck.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    (highly enraged, strong language and strong negativity warning)
    fucktards without kids who have all the fucking answers in the fucking known universe about a subject they have no experience in. and don't tell me your fucking cat or dog gives you ANY inkling of what it is like to be parent. and SPARE ME your fucking speech about what you will do as a parent when you actually become one: you have no FUCKING CLUE how you will be as a parent until you actually are one. fucking shit cockballs. i wish to fuck i could be a fly on the fucking wall when you actually DO have kids, you prissy simpering asshat, because you will watch your ideals fall away one after the other...and will STILL think you have all the answers. fuck you, fuck your uptight ancient mindset, and fucking GOOD LUCK when your time comes. cunt fuck.
    Lots of us raised our own siblings because we came from single-parent households. Hence why we don't want any of our own kids, EVER. No, seriously, we don't. So there's no "just wait." And child free people don't have to like kids. People can say what they want about what they'll do when they become a parent, but usually the little bugger pops out, the stress builds up and all bets are off; it's like saying what you'd do in a car wreck. You can be in 6 car wrecks but you do something different each time.

Re catnip: I avoid giving it to my cats because it's a waste. I used to give them toys with catnip in it but they'd spend the whole time licking the toy and making out with it, and not actually "playing."
    Last edited by allegro; 03-03-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    it was vague on circumstances because i feel and still feel no need to give specifics. i am utilizing a section of the board that is geared toward ranting.
    i would say presuming, not provacative, but i guess i hit a trigger, eh?
    Not a trigger so much as me trying to understand what you're actually upset about.
    Last edited by Swykk; 03-03-2015 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Lots of us raised our own siblings because we came from single-parent households. Hence why we don't want any of our own kids, EVER. No, seriously, we don't. So there's no "just wait." And child free people don't have to like kids. People can say what they want about what they'll do when they become a parent, but usually the little bugger pops out, the stress builds up and all bets are off; it's like saying what you'd do in a car wreck. You can be in 6 car wrecks but you do something different each time.

Re catnip: I avoid giving it to my cats because it's a waste. I used to give them toys with catnip in it but they'd spend the whole time licking the toy and making out with it, and not actually "playing."
    ah, allegro, this person is most definitely going to be having children. I was addressing them specifically, not anyone else. I get that people don't want to have kids, and I have no problem with that. my eldest sister was a caregiver to her 4 siblings and heartily and happily chose not to have kids. I don't blame her for it. thank you for acknowledging the point that what we intend before we have an experience is usually nothing like what actually happens.
    I am venting here because I cannot violently vent to the person in question. I can, and have, and will, address my specific issues with them, but I needed to trip out prior to doing so.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Is it legal? (I'm so naïve).
    oh yes. very legal. I did try smoking once. ffs. university good times, and a run through the recreational guide to drugs led to that. pointless and smelly.
    you are not naïve, but I am guessing you don't own a cat.
    my former cat chewed through my backpack once to get at the catnip hidden in there. canvas AND plastic. she was blasted when I got home and it was pretty impressive and funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate when I have never done something before but they have and they act like I should know all the important information. I am not psychic. This is what they do every day. Of course they know how to do it. Don't laugh at me and ask me how I could not know that and why didn't I ask? I asked how it was done. They left critical information out because they assumed I would know and now I should have known to ask about something I didn't know existed. When I explain to people how to do something I don't give pieces of information and then wait for people to guess what is missing. I asked what was needed and got part of an answer. That is a fault on their side not mine and I am the one that has to tell my boss that it needs to get redone and then I have to redo it.
    I can't stand working with fucking people.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ah, allegro, this person is most definitely going to be having children. I was addressing them specifically, not anyone else. I get that people don't want to have kids, and I have no problem with that. my eldest sister was a caregiver to her 4 siblings and heartily and happily chose not to have kids. I don't blame her for it. thank you for acknowledging the point that what we intend before we have an experience is usually nothing like what actually happens.
    I am venting here because I cannot violently vent to the person in question. I can, and have, and will, address my specific issues with them, but I needed to trip out prior to doing so.
    Ahhhhh, well, then you came to the right place!!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Fuck "Sponsored links by Taboola."

(And if I ever find this Taboola person, I will suggest some links of my own.)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    When people that I actually happen to like and want in my life end up moving very far away from me. I also still find it to be very depressing sometimes, even though it's unfortunately a very normal part of life.

Oh, and I understand that moving is sometimes necessary for improvement and just finding a better life. I'm just really saying that it's awful to lose friends like that, even if it can be for the better. I don't hold it against them either, it's just that losing friends is a bummer to me no matter what. I eventually get over it though, but in the actual moment, it's just awful to actually experience.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-04-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Well, now I know where I lost that pill last week. Ended up in the bottom of my backpack, and of course it had to be a freaking capsule, and I couldn't understand how I was getting white powder all over my laptop…

Argh.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I swear to god at least 90% of mechanics have to be murderous lying scumbags.

Well maybe not murderous, that's probably only half of them.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It's mostly all about labor charges.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    I swear to god at least 90% of mechanics have to be murderous lying scumbags.

Well maybe not murderous, that's probably only half of them.
    I love my mechanics. Honest to a fault, and they don't talk down to you.

My little thing of the day: Every time I try to download the Office 2016 for Mac beta it craps out after a few hundred MB. I don't know whether to blame Microsoft or my ISP, but the ping times and traceroutes suggest it's the former.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    News anchors saying something, "broke the internet"

Ugh makes me want to break the tv

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Yeah it's the age of the hyperbole.
    No, wait

Fifty Shades of Hyperbole !!!

Good, now I really want to punch myself in the face

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Myself, when I learn something new and sometimes immediately consider anyone not knowing that OBVIOUS fact stupid. :-) :-/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So there was some bacon and beer fest thing tonight. Some area restaurants submitted bacon based items etc. Old sous and a kid that works both places (his butt buddy, not a bad dude generally) and a couple others came in to work after to gloat a bit. Fine, whatever. Competition, old co-workers what have you. That is until they broke pieces of our trophy from last year.
    Way to keep it classy boys... I mean really come deface someone else's property? I've half a mind to talk to their chef and tell them what happened. Because that is just straight juvenile bullshit.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    spent all week either working or working on sound/music for the play festival my theatre company is about to open (next friday, which means tomorrow is the start of tech week). half the directors didn't get in touch with me until last weekend, some of them not until later in the week. there are 12 plays (each one based on a song from OK Computer), and i'm doing sound for 9 of them (i was supposed to do 11 of them but one of the directors did it himself, and another one shafted me because she regularly makes decisions without consulting other people who are affected by them). i managed to finish everything i needed to do, but it left me feeling exhausted.

then i had to work all day yesterday because one of our favorite customers moved into a new house. running new satellite / network wiring, hanging TVs, setting up A/V systems. we didn't even finish everything we needed to do so we have to go back tomorrow.

last night, the cover band i'm in (which is essentially my regular band, the elizabeth dane, plus a couple female vocalists; i play drums) played at a bar that's attached to the mayne stage theater. i don't really like playing covers and one of the vocalists is the same director who screwed me, so i was not in the best mood (besides being absolutely exhausted). we started playing at 10:45, and after our second song, the sound guy ran in from the other room, and with the most pompous and condescending tone i've ever heard from a sound guy said "everything needs to come down, NOW!" and i said "well i already can't hear anything very well" and he said "well why don't you try to play quiter?!"

in case you're not a drummer, let me tell you that playing drums quietly is a pain in the ass, and it means i can't be as expressive, use any dynamics, or play as well in general. and one of the guitar players turned down so low that he basically couldn't hear himself at all. so we sounded like shit.

now i'm pretty sure i'm sick from exhaustion, i have another long day today (and band practice with a different band), and then, as i said, tech week starts tomorrow.

i'm gonna be completely dead by saturday.