Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
I only made it to around the first quarter of Season 2 of Oz. I thought it was alright. I do want to finish it one day. I haven't seen The Wire, the premise just never interested me.

P.S. I absolutely love The Sopranos.
I've seen everything up to the sixth season of the Sopranos. Too languorous and slow-paced for my liking. It wasn't a bad show by any means, but it wasn't worthy of the immense hype it recieved, imo

The Wire is similarly slower-paced, but is so well-written with how each season unfolds with each episode that it becomes compulsive by about the third season. I'm currently in the middle of the fourth season and it gets more gripping with each new episode. I can see Carnivale mining a similar vein..

Oz is just something else entirely for me. I never thought a show would grip me the way The Shield or Breaking Bad did, but this one is nothing short of amazing. I don't think I've ever been so fascinated by an ensemble cast on a show in my life; not even Twin Peaks. And the characters on this show -- the best ones -- are so bad, but so well-written and suitable for the plotlines unfolding. Like @elevenism touched in the official Oz thread I started, there's this palpable sense of doom to this show that nothing good is going to come out of this saga by series' end, and -- much like the Shield and Breaking Bad -- it only enthralls me more with each new episode.

I'm a fatalistic motherfucker like that, I guess