Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Coil vs Nine Inch Nails: Uncoiled/Recoiled

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    tbh I don’t even remember what the original Recoiled sounds like, lol. Cool to know that there are these extras to add onto it. @piggy , are these extra tracks listed on ninwiki?

Speaking of ninwiki, I still think it should have the subtitle “Everything Gets Written Down,” @Malechite .

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    @piggy , are these extra tracks listed on ninwiki?
    Yes. I added them last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I think there are some insufferable Coil fans out there.

As far as I am aware, Cold Spring did get permission from Trent Reznor. I know that I sent the contents of the CD to Trent before anyone else heard them, and I know that he spoke to The Quietus about the release, and had nothing negative to say about it. I believe Danny said as much in a post in the Coil Facebook group, but even without that, I have to think that if Cold Spring went so far as to request formal permission from you and I to basically do a variation on the packaging I designed with your photography, surely, surely they would ask Trent Reznor if it was okay to use his music.

I feel as though the arguments amongst the friends and acquaintances of the deceased members of Coil over who has control over what has left the fans out in the cold. I think the material was very well served as a download we assembled, but was beyond pleased to see our work evolve into something tangible.

I appreciate that, for as dramatic as NIN fans get, they do not come anywhere close to the drama Coil fans drum up.
    as a former admin of COIL group on Facebook (bloody years) I can confirm that
    COIL fans are the cuntiest

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stlkr View Post
    as a former admin of COIL group on Facebook (bloody years) I can confirm that
    COIL fans are the cuntiest
    That Facebook group is a trip! There's always some crazy person ranting about something, or the weekly thread about who has the rights to do reissues and how certain ones can't be legitimate. I'm basically just a member for the comedy of it all, I haven't actually listened to Coil is a long time but I can't bring myself to sell my CD collection because I don't think they'll ever go down in value at this point.