Thread: Coil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Ok I will keep this VERY brief, but I think it does them some degree of justice without delving into every dark corner of their discog. In a nutshell I'd say bookend it - get horse rotorvator and ape of naples

track by track (youtube at the ready!)

early stuff

From Horse Rotorvator (1986)

- anal staircase (pretty different to the rest of their stuff but will be reminiscent of pretty hate machine NIN)

- Slur (remember this album was borne of the uncertainty and fear of the early AIDS/GRIDS epidemic - the lyrics are so great "and I asked my lovers, do you know? - where the desert roses bloom and grow")

- Penetralia (if you like broken by NIN you will be into the sound of this track 100%)

later stuff

from Foxtrot; (1998)

- Heartworms (very depressing, grave sounding. the video is great)

From Ape of Naples; (2005 ish)

- Fire of the Mind (absolutely beautiful funereal track, lyrics are just great, imo one of the best ever)

- Tattooed man (lovely)

- Heaven's Blade

I will also say that "Ostia - death of Pasolini" is lovely
    Last edited by Sutekh; 11-09-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    "The First Five Minutes After Death" is also highly recommended. amazing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ok I will keep this VERY brief, but I think it does them some degree of justice without delving into every dark corner of their discog. In a nutshell I'd say bookend it - get horse rotorvator and ape of naples

track by track (youtube at the ready!)

early stuff

From Horse Rotorvator (1986)

- anal staircase (pretty different to the rest of their stuff but will be reminiscent of pretty hate machine NIN)

- Slur (remember this album was borne of the uncertainty and fear of the early AIDS/GRIDS epidemic - the lyrics are so great "and I asked my lovers, do you know? - where the desert roses bloom and grow")

- Penetralia (if you like broken by NIN you will be into the sound of this track 100%)

later stuff

from Foxtrot; (1998)

- Heartworms (very depressing, grave sounding. the video is great)

From Ape of Naples; (2005 ish)

- Fire of the Mind (absolutely beautiful funereal track, lyrics are just great, imo one of the best ever)

- Tattooed man (lovely)

- Heaven's Blade

I will also say that "Ostia - death of Pasolini" is lovely
    Hi everyone, great thread. Coil are so amazing. I have a good idea on about half their stuff. I spent a lot of time with Musick To Play In The Dark 1 and 2 but did not keep up with everything after that. Not too many people discussing Constant Shallowness on here. Can anyone point me in the direction of other later Coil that sounds as heavy as that CD? Especially the second track - I Am The Green Child - what a complete and utter headfuck ! (thanks Jhonn)