Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: Coil

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm watching a doc on Netflix called Squaring the Circle (The Story of Hipgnosis), directed by Anton Corbijn, and it includes photos and recollections of Peter Christopherson when he worked for the renowned album cover design group.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    …mobile ui gone funky, I’ve just deleted two of my posts by mistake whilst trying to edit them . Anyway…

Dais page https://www.daisrecords.com/collecti...in-four-phases

International pre orders https://found.ee/MoonsMilk

Edit (from desktop lol): Can anyone confirm whether the last Dais releases (Constant..., Queens...) have download codes, and if so, who the provider is? It'd be awesome if they were Bandcamp codes!
    Last edited by jmtd; 11-30-2023 at 07:16 AM. Reason: download codes? bandcamp?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    …mobile ui gone funky, I’ve just deleted two of my posts by mistake whilst trying to edit them . Anyway…

Dais page https://www.daisrecords.com/collecti...in-four-phases

International pre orders https://found.ee/MoonsMilk

Edit (from desktop lol): Can anyone confirm whether the last Dais releases (Constant..., Queens...) have download codes, and if so, who the provider is? It'd be awesome if they were Bandcamp codes!
    Every Coil release I've gotten from Bandcamp and Dais has had a physical card or DL link.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Thank you. From memory the MTPITD cards weren’t for bandcamp. Have you bought something newer than that?

For comparison I bought gazelle twin’s black dog directly from gazelle twin and it had a bandcamp download card in it. Which is most convenient

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Thank you. From memory the MTPITD cards weren’t for bandcamp. Have you bought something newer than that?

For comparison I bought gazelle twin’s black dog directly from gazelle twin and it had a bandcamp download card in it. Which is most convenient
    Literally EVERYTHING I've ever purchased from Bandcamp came with unlimited downloads in various formats. I love those folks.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So here's an interesting little tidbit I dunno if I shared with y'all. our boy TR is uncredited mellotron on Amber Rain, formerly known as "mellotron song" in the Swanyard days and you'll see why below.

From the 1993 threshold house newsletter: http://brainwashed.com/common/htdocs...hp?site=coil08

future Leakages And SpillagesCoil are presently working towards some sort of completion on their next album proper - sometimes called International Dark Skies, sometimes called Backwards - we shall see. It and related singles will appear through Torso/Boudisques in Europe and the UK. Early signs indicate the album will be vintage Coil - churning noise constructions. sounds stripped down and built back up for power and raw poetics. William Burroughs guests on a couple of tracks alongside contributions from Terence McKenna, Tim Simenon, and Marc Almond as well as a very diverse and unusual instrumentation from traditional Celtic Bodruns to Theremins to John Lennon's actual Mellotron recorded for us by Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails in the very room where Sharon Tate and dinner guests met the Manson Girls one night in 1969.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    John Lennon's Mellotron was also used while recording The Downward Spiral.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I finally gave up on getting the lenticular cover for Constant... and so bought it (and Queens) from Thighpaulsandra.

Answering my own question the download codes are for "atozmedia" and are 320kbps MP3s only. (Edit 2: no embedded album art!)

Edit: Thighpaulsandra threw in a couple of stickers

Last edited by jmtd; 01-17-2024 at 03:28 AM. Reason: link blog post

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Anyone thinking about the moons milk set?

“Queens” seems to be on sale in a lot of places. I wonder if it underperformed

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone thinking about the moons milk set?

“Queens” seems to be on sale in a lot of places. I wonder if it underperformed
    I got it as soon as it was announced.

If you buy from the Coil Bandcamp you get the 24-bit lossless downloads included, which is what I’ve done since MTPITD on

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Sadly the currency conversion and shipping to the UK from Bandcamp is punishingly expensive. For digital only I buy there no question.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Never listened to Coil beyond their NIN involvement, but I did see them live at this show in London, opening for Sigur Ros. This was the bit that sticks in my mind the most:

John: “This next song [Ostia] is about Pasolini and it’s from Horse Rotorvator. But first, some poetry from an Italian.”

During this song and the next, Massimo and Pierce left the stage to give out organic apples to audience members [emphasis mine]. Massimo even gave one to Marc Almond, who was in attendance at the show. This is the only gig where Pierce and Massimo did this.