Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
The Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies, although I can see what people may not like about it. I agree that the boat thing is not necessarily great and there are many other things that aren't perfect. I just like Nolan's vision, directing and storytelling so much that those negative points barely change my opinion about the film itself. Same goes for Inception, which has also HUGE problems, but when the credits roll I'm still sitting there in complete awe.

I also absolutely adore Batman Begins, which in my opinion has one of the most epic and emotional scenes of any Batman movie: the with Ra's Al Ghul. A masterpiece in every way.

You can't really compare Batman Begins with The Dark Knight because they are completely different films (one being a fairly dark superhero origin movie and the other a thriller in a superhero setting), but I really love both of them equally. Unfortunately I was completely underwhelmed by the The Dark Knight Rises, which similar to the Pirates sequels fails to trigger me emotionally. TDKR at least tried, but I remember there was just something off about it. Didn't seem as sincere as the first two.
The Dark Knight got 94% on Rotten Tomatoes and was unbelievably overrated and overhyped. I did not enjoy it and Batmans ridiculous voice kept taking me out of the film as I thought it laughable which is an actual controversial opinion surely?