Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68
Results 2,011 to 2,035 of 2035

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New album peaked at #9 on the Billboard 200.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    While I dig the new album I'm finding it hard to pick out songs that define it, is anyone else having this issue? I've listened to it a dozen times now and I do enjoy it, but the songs all fall on the same playing field as one another. When you look at the past albums (except Villains), there are some definite bangers on there, yet the new album doesn't have any stand out tracks imo. I'm debating if I want to try and get tickets for their Asheville, NC show thanks to having a declining back that prevents me from standing for long periods of time (damn car accident a year and half ago really messed me up)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    They’ve been live streaming their concerts almost every show now. If you follow their Facebook- they have the links. @NotoriousTIMP The France show is on now.

They’ve been playing only a couple of songs from the new album.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    While I dig the new album I'm finding it hard to pick out songs that define it, is anyone else having this issue? I've listened to it a dozen times now and I do enjoy it, but the songs all fall on the same playing field as one another. When you look at the past albums (except Villains), there are some definite bangers on there, yet the new album doesn't have any stand out tracks imo.
    You don't think there are stand out tracks on Villains? Head Like a Haunted House? The Evil Has Landed? Villains of Circumstance?

I do agree, the new album holds more of a level playing field. If I had to choose, I would say Emotional Sickness stands out over the others for me. While I always visit Time & Place, A LOT, Emotional Sickness is a quintessential, QOTSA song, and has a bigger sound, along with that chorus. It really has grown on me, thinking it was just an "OK" song when it was first released.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    While I dig the new album I'm finding it hard to pick out songs that define it, is anyone else having this issue? I've listened to it a dozen times now and I do enjoy it, but the songs all fall on the same playing field as one another. When you look at the past albums (except Villains), there are some definite bangers on there, yet the new album doesn't have any stand out tracks imo.
    I agree. It's not a bad album, but none of the tracks really grabbed me and refused to let go. Even Villains had a couple tracks that I still come back to. I don't see myself returning to this one, at least not for a while.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    There are a few riffs that I like (Paper Machete, Negative Space). Despite my shaky first impressions, Emotion Sickness gets stuck in my head, and shouldn't be as catchy as it is, given how syncopated and weird the whole song is. But for the most part, the album's too wordy for me - there's not a whole lot that's fun to sing along to. The effects overwhelm the guitars, and the mix feels hollow and reedy.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    While I dig the new album I'm finding it hard to pick out songs that define it, is anyone else having this issue? I've listened to it a dozen times now and I do enjoy it, but the songs all fall on the same playing field as one another. When you look at the past albums (except Villains), there are some definite bangers on there, yet the new album doesn't have any stand out tracks imo. I'm debating if I want to try and get tickets for their Asheville, NC show thanks to having a declining back that prevents me from standing for long periods of time (damn car accident a year and half ago really messed me up)
    I think i know what you mean, but to me i love the "big song feeling" i get when i'm listening (reminds me to the first album).

But i do find "Carnavoyeur", "Nagative Space" and "Time & place" as standouts.

I think the opinion on this album has been mostly positive but i do find some people with similar opinions, one of my best friends even said it sounds like a "big jam", i get why he thinks this, but to me that isn't a bad thing.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    One critique that I have is that the album seems tracked oddly. "Carnavoyeur" has an amazing ending that sounds final...and then you have the upbeat "What the Peephole Say"? Alright then.

edit:

In the middle of "Made to Parade" - the Oh I part - he starts singing in a way that's very reminiscent of a Mark Lanagan song from Here Comes That Weird Chill.
    Last edited by allegate; 07-11-2023 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    "Negative Space" has a real Them Crooked Vultures vibe to it, specifically "Elephants".
    Last edited by allegate; 07-17-2023 at 12:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    One critique that I have is that the album seems tracked oddly. "Carnavoyeur" has an amazing ending that sounds final...and then you have the upbeat "What the Peephole Say"? Alright then.

edit:

In the middle of "Made to Parade" - the Oh I part - he starts singing in a way that's very reminiscent of a Mark Lanagan song from Here Comes That Weird Chill.
    I agree. I think the sequence is slightly off. If peephole came after paper machete it would be perfect. Also if emotional sickness was earlier, say right after time and space. Have carnavoyer go into Sicily and Sicily go into strait jacket it would flow better.. What can you do?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

interesting visuals. I wonder if the tattoos on the wrist mean anything specific.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    "Negative Space" has a real Them Crooked Vultures vibe to it, specifically "Elephants".
    A new Them Crooked Vultures project would be most welcome. If they're going to do it they shouldn't dawdle too much longer. John Paul Jones is getting up there in age.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    QOTSA was fucking outstanding last night in Portland, Maine.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    just came across this cover, thought you might like it.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Something about the tuning sounds off to me. It's nice to see Josh without the goatee though, it was a weird look.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Goatee look was awesome, shame

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    They performed Mexicola tonight in Perth.

About half of Times New Roman, Era Vulgaris got some love (In The Hollow, Misfit Love and Make it With You of course), broke out God is in the Radio, some of the usual staples, Smooth Sailing, I Sat by the Ocean, My God is the Sun, The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret. Only song of Villains was The Way You Used To Do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So good that Perth got Mexicola! I'm seeing them in Sydney for the two shows at Hordern Pavilion, so excited to see them again! It's going to be great to see the ITNR tracks live, got my fingers crossed for Sicily, Obscenery or Straight Jacket Fitting.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    So good that Perth got Mexicola! I'm seeing them in Sydney for the two shows at Hordern Pavilion, so excited to see them again! It's going to be great to see the ITNR tracks live, got my fingers crossed for Sicily, Obscenery or Straight Jacket Fitting.
    I got Obscenery, Time and Place, Carnavouyer, Emotion Sickness (with a nice little acapella outro!) and Negative Space
    Honestly I would have been happy if they played the whole album but that's getting greedy hahaha

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queen...-3bac5010.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So cool! Negative Space would awesome to see as well. I wonder if they'll debut What the Peephole Say soon. I'm Designer was played in Adelaide the other night, so jealous of the fans over there who got to see it haha.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The chorus of Negative Space is one of my favourite moments on the album so experiencing it live was just amazing!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    They're now playing Auto Pilot with Mikey Shoes on lead vocals. I say it sounds pretty good

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Both Sydney shows were absolutely amazing! So many of my faves got played, I'm Designer, Avon (as a request!), I Think I Lost My Headache and Battery Acid. The band are sounding so good and the mixing was probably the best I've heard in a live gig, so crisp and punchy, with just the right amount of loudness. Josh was interacting with the crowd a lot, and for Straight Jacket Fitting last night, he went up into the seats and conducted a crowd singalong! Two perfect gigs.

Night 1: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queen...a-baddde6.html

Night 2: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queen...-5badd7e0.html