Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 2810

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Do you like sports at all?
    I like MMA and hockey. Used to be a baseball fan as a kid but I fell off when the strike happened.

The worst thing about football is the pre/halftime/post show panels with the old dopey football dudes making terrible jokes and desperately trying to make football seem smarter than it actually is.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I'm glad that Karen Rodgers lost!
    Kaaron Rodgers, haha

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I like MMA and hockey. Used to be a baseball fan as a kid but I fell off when the strike happened.

The worst thing about football is the pre/halftime/post show panels with the old dopey football dudes making terrible jokes and desperately trying to make football seem smarter than it actually is.
    I'm starting to get into MMA. I'm trying to collect the UFCs as they come out and archive them on the old plex server. I've only got one so far, though.

Hockey was a hell of a lot of fun when the Dallas Stars were winning, but I didn't really keep up after that. Seeing the games in person is fucking wild, though, for sure.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Holy hell this football game.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    That KC/Bills game was one of the best all season, both teams deserved to win!

Also: No Brady this Superbowl! YAY!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    That KC/Bills game was one of the best all season, both teams deserved to win!

Also: No Brady this Superbowl! YAY!
    Dude, I'm rooting for the 49ers.

This shit makes me wanna play some damn Tecmo Bowl.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    What a NFL weekend! There's a good chance that BUF/KC was really the Super Bowl. We'll see. Next weekend should be great, too. The NFL really needs to rethink the OT rules. Having the game basically hinge on a coin flip doesn't seem right.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    So excited for David Ortiz getting elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility. As a lifelong Red Sox fan and a native of Massachusetts, I have a hard time thinking of someone in my lifetime who's more important to the city of Boston than him.

Now someone either talk me into or out of buying a signed baseball to add to my collection...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    So excited for David Ortiz getting elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility. As a lifelong Red Sox fan and a native of Massachusetts, I have a hard time thinking of someone in my lifetime who's more important to the city of Boston than him.

Now someone either talk me into or out of buying a signed baseball to add to my collection...
    If you can afford it, I say GO FOR IT.

It sounds like this guy, for you, is like Dirk Nowitzki is for me. He's a HERO to me: him and Bowie and that's about it.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

I've got an Edgar Martinez signed ball, a Ray Allen signed Sonics jersey & a basketball signed by Gary Payton, all for free. The Edgar ball came via a friend's husband who was doing business with him & the Sonics stuff was bribery to keep me buying season tickets haha. We won't get into the music stuff...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I've got an Edgar Martinez signed ball, a Ray Allen signed Sonics jersey & a basketball signed by Gary Payton, all for free. The Edgar ball came via a friend's husband who was doing business with him & the Sonics stuff was bribery to keep me buying season tickets haha. We won't get into the music stuff...
    I've got a 2004 World Series ball signed by Pedro Martinez, Jason Varitek, Trot Nixon, Johnny Damon, and Curt Schilling, and a 2007 World Series ball signed by Mike Lowell. Neither were free, and an Ortiz signed ball wouldn't be free either. Haha.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I've got a 2004 World Series ball signed by Pedro Martinez, Jason Varitek, Trot Nixon, Johnny Damon, and Curt Schilling, and a 2007 World Series ball signed by Mike Lowell. Neither were free, and an Ortiz signed ball wouldn't be free either. Haha.
    I've got autographed glossy photos of the 88 mavs, from a meet and greet when they were HORRIBLE, but they're an awesome piece of history. I HAD a Jason Kid rookie jersey in mint condition, but my ex took it.

I've got a signed Old 97s poster and a set list signed by all four of them, and multiple signed shirts.
    I USED to have signed promo posters from like their first eight albums, but all of that got lost in sudden moves during my crazy ass 20s. It broke my heart, losing them.

As far as other music and sports autographs, I've had and lost so goddamn many that I finally stopped trying to get them.

But I'd still LOVE a Dirk autograph, especially if I could somehow get it in person.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I wound up buying an Ortiz ball. And then because I have no impulse control I bought a Mike Greenwell ball (my favorite Red Sox player as a kid) and a Tim Wakefield ball. Oops.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Jesus Christ on a bicycle.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Jesus Christ on a bicycle.
    Feel sorry for his kids. Maybe mom is more sensible (as is often the case).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    To be fair that was posted two and a half years ago so there’s a chance he’s learned what a dumb thing it was to say. I’m not holding my breath though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tom Brady retiring.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Tom Brady retiring.
    I'd bet Gronk will be retiring, too. 2 all time great players for sure, especially Brady.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tom Brady retiring.
    not at all surprised. He's done pretty much everything except retire so I guess it was just the way of things.

That he was still playing at that caliber at that age? damn.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My earliest pro football memories all involve Tom Brady. Feeling fortunate to have gotten see him play in person like seven times or so.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tom Brady retiring.
    His dad says he's not

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    What's going on in Canada? You guys forgot your sport is hockey and not soccer? :P

Canada already defeated both USA and Mexico and is very likely to go to the 2022 World Cup!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Bengals/Rams for the SB, i hope the Bengals win!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

there isn't going to be a better headline about this.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Thank god

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Finally, the highest of holy days (Super Bowl) is here. How high & how holy remains to be seen. As far as half time goes, if they have to do hip hop the lineup is good. I'm not wild about Mary J Blige but the rest are fine. I especially like Kendrick Lamar. The answer to the big question: GO BENGALS!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I saw two headlines today about sports: There's a heat wave expected for the Super Bowl in February and the Winter Olympic skiers are getting sidelined by actual snow falling.

One's depressing and the other one's hilarious.

edit:
    Dre has songs with Eminem, Snoop Dogg and Mary J. Blige, all of whom are set to perform during halftime. Dre has added two deaf rappers, Sean Forbes and Warren "WaWa" Snipe, to the halftime performance, marking the first time sign language interpreters will be included in the halftime show.
    this is confusing. Are they rappers or interpreters? (I did the google search so I know the answer, it doesn't change the confusion in the article)
    Last edited by allegate; 02-13-2022 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Damn it, baseball's opening day has been delayed. First two series of the season cancelled. Sucks.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Russell Wilson traded. Stunned but not unhappy. He had turned into a diva. Gone to Denver where he'll be the 3rd or 4th best QB in AFC West.