Page 50 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 2814

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Eagles game broke my spirit.

15 plays, 90 yards, five and a half minutes. It would've been so sweet to beat Washington after that, hold them to a futile fourth-down conversion and coast to a win, a win that couldn't be taken away by a field goal. But no. Our defense, which had done so much work before, decided that they were done, and let that jabroni fuck Kirk Cousins throw a TD and win the game right from under our noses. Ridiculous. Fuck this team.

They need to fucking show up for both halves next week or this season is over. It may well be over already.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I think that I'll be handed my first loss in fantasy football this week.
    nah youll be 4-0 and ill hopefully be 3-1 in 2nd behind you

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    It was looking sketchy there for a bit. Rodgers must have slowed down in the second half.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Noooooooo. My first loss, and it is by 1.38 points. Ugh.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    rough, but I'm happy to take first from ya.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow Bam Bam Chancellor saves the Hawks and we go 2-2. Ugly game! Disappointing showing once again from the Hawks offense who I think has played worst in the two home wins than the first two losses. They play like that against the Bengals and we are gonna get smoked on the road! One game at a time I suppose.

Another close game on FF. My last two wins have been by like a little over 3 points combine.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The Lions constantly give hope only to take it right back. I honestly had this team pegged as the division champs and 12-4 was not out of the question. Now I think 0-16 part two is a very real possibility.

That was yet another soul crushing Lions Loss. One second, up by 4, the next fumble for the loss. Ugh.

At least Hockey is back this week. Dylan Larkin will challenge Connor McDavid for the Calder I think. First teenager to make the Wings opening day roster since Jiri Fisher. Should be a good season for the Wings.

EDIT: Just saw on Twitter that the bat out of the end of the endzone should have been ruled illegal and the Lions should have gotten the ball back at the 1. I can see the ref who was right there and saw it not knowing the rule (it seems to be happening a lot this season all of the league), but since it was inside the 2 minute warning, how did they not review that upstairs and tell the officials on the field?
    Last edited by Fifey; 10-05-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    The Lions constantly give hope only to take it right back. I honestly had this team pegged as the division champs and 12-4 was not out of the question. Now I think 0-16 part two is a very real possibility.

That was yet another soul crushing Lions Loss. One second, up by 4, the next fumble for the loss. Ugh.

At least Hockey is back this week. Dylan Larkin will challenge Connor McDavid for the Calder I think. First teenager to make the Wings opening day roster since Jiri Fisher. Should be a good season for the Wings.

EDIT: Just saw on Twitter that the bat out of the end of the endzone should have been ruled illegal and the Lions should have gotten the ball back at the 1. I can see the ref who was right there and saw it not knowing the rule (it seems to be happening a lot this season all of the league), but since it was inside the 2 minute warning, how did they not review that upstairs and tell the officials on the field?
    From what I read the ref said he thought it was inadvertent and I guess that is not a reviewable play even though it was a turnover (the batting of the ball that is).... lucky for the Hawks but man an explanation now doesn't do anything for the Lions, shitty oversight/blown call by the refs. Definitely understand the warranted frustration by the Lions and their fans.
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 10-06-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just saw that. What the fuck ref? The Lions should've gotten the ball back. What a bunch of bullshit.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That blown call was brutal. They would've been able to get the touchdown if they'd gotten the ball back. I was too wrapped up in Chancellor's play to realize that what Wright did was blatantly illegal. Really sucks for the Lions - a win could've galvanized them and helped salvage the season, but going 0-4 is soul-crushing.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Wooop wooop Win # 3 peeps - beat @trish!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    NHL.Starts.TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Nebraska just can't catch a break. Four losses all in the very last seconds of the game.

Bo, who never lost more than 4 games in an *entire season* in his seven years there, is just sitting in Ohio, getting paid.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    im gonna be 4-1. watch out boys and girls.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Falcons didn't play great but they won again. 5-0. Next up, the Saints.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That's an easy 6-0 for the Falcons. The Saints are fucking garbage. We ran a train on them today and we've been struggling all season. They should be glad they're not 0-5 like the Lions.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That sucks for the Lions. Especially what happened on Monday.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    @Dra508

Think it's going to be a bad season for the Bruins or just a slow start?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    @Dra508

Think it's going to be a bad season for the Bruins or just a slow start?
    Oh gawd, I watched them play The Habs the other night - freaking painful. Z and Seidenburg were both out so the D was just fumbling and mumbling. You can't rely on 5 foot nothing Krug - an American no less to keep Those dam Canadiens out of the crease. uhhhhhh hurts my head.

Bright spot living away from Boston is I get Hockey Night In Canada on tv, That Cherry dude - too funny.

I might have to go local and root for The Dallas Stars this season.

And while I'm here - anyone watch US vs Mexico? Geoff Cameron was a beast - well, for an American soccer player. I have plans to go to an EPL match when I go to England next month.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Oh gawd, I watched them play The Habs the other night - freaking painful. Z and Seidenburg were both out so the D was just fumbling and mumbling. You can't rely on 5 foot nothing Krug - an American no less to keep Those dam Canadiens out of the crease. uhhhhhh hurts my head.

Bright spot living away from Boston is I get Hockey Night In Canada on tv, That Cherry dude - too funny.

I might have to go local and root for The Dallas Stars this season.

And while I'm here - anyone watch US vs Mexico? Geoff Cameron was a beast - well, for an American soccer player. I have plans to go to an EPL match when I go to England next month.
    I have no idea why they traded Hamilton away. Probably should have kept him and traded Chara. And I have a soft spot from Dallas too, Jamie Benn is from my town. Wish him the best.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Steelers won that game in the craziest way possible. I don't understand how their offense could be so dynamic. Ridiculousness all around. Especially considering the first three quarters sucked ass on both sides.

Very disappointed in Vick, though. I don't know if it was Ben and the coaches limiting his play or if he just had no confidence in his arm, but his playing sucked for the majority of that game. He pulled some great throws and a patented Vick run out of his ass towards the end, and then was blocking for the final play, but overall he had a surprisingly uninspiring performance. Hopefully, this game will light a fire under him to shake the rust off until Ben comes back.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Unbelievably proud of my dudes in the Royals for the incredible comeback in the bottom of the 8th today against the Astros. That game was an absolute heart stopper.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    LETS GO METS

I was at tonights game and it was amazing. homerun derby with harvey and tolo on the mound.

I'm going again tomorrow night and they need to clinch with Matz.

Got tix for NLCS game one, and I've got a good feeling they could make it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    I have no idea why they traded Hamilton away. Probably should have kept him and traded Chara. And I have a soft spot from Dallas too, Jamie Benn is from my town. Wish him the best.
    I suspect that trade was all about money and something that constantly happens in pro sports- you lock up a great player to a long term deal and then use the newbies with potential to pay for them through other trades and picks. Dougie was so fortunate to play under Z's tutelage. He will be that guy in 10 years.

Jamie Benn is beloved in the Big D and I can see why. I think it's a good town to play hockey in if you prefer not to get the massive scrutiny that a traditional hockey town has - I'm looking at you Tyler Seguin.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Heartbroken over Lamar Odom. He has always been one of my faves.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    let's go mets!!!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    BOOM!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    NLCS here we come!

I'll be at the Saturday and Sunday games at Citifield. Cubs/Mets is an epic match up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    NLCS here we come!

I'll be at the Saturday and Sunday games at Citifield. Cubs/Mets is an epic match up.
    Holy shit man, that game 5 was tense... DeGrom pitched bad enough to give up 8 runs, and at the same time good enough to limit the damage to only the 1st inning. Collins almost pulled him 4 different times. We're gonna hear a lot about billy goats and bartman, but sorry Cubbies, the Mets haven't won in 29 years, no sympathy here!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    SPARTY! What a finish! My sister and brother-in-law were already giving me shit after MSU's last time out. (He went there, I went to Michigan State) They were at the game in the student section, having a great time until the football gods delivered that big helping of crow for them to eat.

It's been ugly most of the season, but they keep finding a way to win.