Page 90 of 155 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 4627

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    BBC documentary "How To Stay Young".
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0770cpf

...and now "The End of the Solar System".
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b077nl9f

BBC rulez. Thank you HEVCGUY. ;-)
    Last edited by Substance242; 04-16-2016 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Some of my favorite comedians talking about comedy.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

"I've been Reaganing all day"

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Catching up on movies, i watched Spectre, Jurassic World, Terminator Genisys, Crimson Peak, The Martian and The Hateful Eight over the last few days

Still got a few lined up to see from last year so next it'll be Creed, The Revenant, Bridge of Spies, Everest, Black Mass, Southpaw, Krampus, The Peanuts Movie and Bone Tomahawk.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Just binged on Daredevil Season 2. The DD show may be my favorite thing Disney Marvel has produced. Dark, gritty, and street level is just more my speed than the PG13 larger than life films(though I like those too). The characters are usually handled very well, with just enough complexity, especially DD, Kingpin, and the Punisher. The fight choreography is ridiculously good, especially for a tv show. If I was to get nitpicky, I guess the Karen Page storylines aren't up to snuff with the rest of the show, but those are still ok to me. Also, I think the hand should be better fighters to live up to some of the comics; DD should fear for his life every time they show up, like with Nobu in S1. But overall the show really works for me, and the episodic format suits Daredevil much better than a 2 hr movie format did.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    To be fair, Matt was basically intending to go full on Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid against the Hand at the end there, fwiw. And Karen's big scene with Wesley remains among my favorites from both seasons, lol.

;)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Such a beautiful film. Really underrated, IMO.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The People V OJ Simpson, well if that doesn't win some kind of awards I don't know

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    They added a "Purchase Season" button for Horace and Pete, so I'm finally ready to purchase.

The show has already been canceled after one season because Louis CK financed it himself, so PLEASE help out if you enjoy the show, Louis CK, or just comedy in general. Excellent stuff.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Jungle Book deserves some love! The pacing is excellent. The film is a true adventure. The scenery is lush, colorful and full of depth. The animals deserve special mention. They are really are the heart of this film. The CG is awesome and the animals' characterizations are spot on. The only real weakness in this film is Mowgli. The actor isn't much good. I give this film a solid 7. It took me to another place and charmed me.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    They added a "Purchase Season" button for Horace and Pete, so I'm finally ready to purchase.

The show has already been canceled after one season because Louis CK financed it himself, so PLEASE help out if you enjoy the show, Louis CK, or just comedy in general. Excellent stuff.
    I get his announcement emails and he didn't imply that it was cancelled, just that it's only meant to be that one season. It is very good though.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Oh man, I can't wait to delve into that one. I've heard amazing things about it.

I have too much stuff to watch right now. In addition to "The Americans" and "Daredevil" I've got "Silicon Valley" about to start again, "The Path" on Hulu that I'm about to jump into and I am still trying to finish my rewatch of the first season of "Deadwood." I love having a lot of great TV to jump into but wow can it be a bit overwhelming sometimes.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @theruiner The Americans is so goddamned good.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I know! I keep trying to convince people to watch it. So far I've had luck getting a good five or six people to watch. I keep telling my friends, seriously, no one is watching this show and it is one of the best shows on television right now. Just really, really great stuff.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    Jungle Book deserves some love! The pacing is excellent. The film is a true adventure. The scenery is lush, colorful and full of depth. The animals deserve special mention. They are really are the heart of this film. The CG is awesome and the animals' characterizations are spot on. The only real weakness in this film is Mowgli. The actor isn't much good. I give this film a solid 7. It took me to another place and charmed me.
    my friends (who have a new review show via CoS) recently saw and reviewed it

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Speaking of Jon Favreau, I just watched his recent film, The Chef. What a tight, down to earth super focused story... and what a heart this film has... super heart-warming. A very unexpected treat watching this film was. John Leguizamo was excellent in his supporting role, as were most of the other supporting cast members. ScarJo was charming, but wasn't given much to work with. Special shout-outs to the actor that plays The Chef's son. Very good performance for someone so young... it stands in surprising contrast to the Jungle Book's lead boy actor's performance. I fully recommend this humble super solid film. (8.5/10)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Over the past two days I have watched (in order from shitty to good): Unfriended, The Gallows, The Forest, The Boy,.............................................. ........The Invitation, The Witch, Midnight Special.

I normally don't watch strings of terrible horror movies but I was playing a bunch of scary flash games recently (The Deep Sleep series and The Rusty Lake series of games) and I needed something not freighting and uninteresting to have in the background. A couple of pixels can be way more freighting then a bunch of screaming twenty somethings pretending to be high school students.

Midnight special was really good although it did occasionally feel like a conglomeration of other movies and concepts I have already seen.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Lemonade, oh my god.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    This Veep premiere is so damn good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    BBC Louis Theroux: Drinking to Oblivion
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07952b1
    :-/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    BBC Louis Theroux: Drinking to Oblivion
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07952b1
    :-/
    oh, boy. that sounds like a fun show o.O

jonathan silverman (of weekend at bernie's) was on last night's castle as a mild-mannered city inspector who survives multiple murder attempts haha.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    BBC Louis Theroux: Drinking to Oblivionhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07952b1:-/
    Urgh...i caught this by accident. It was good I felt for the young guy the most. He was handsome, intelligent and nice but the transition after a relapse... seeing him in the street in his underwear, with bottle of vodka, blood over him, fitting, resorting to sleeping in parks.. horrific. That French woman will be dead within the next year too.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Last night I watched an unsettling, but mostly well-executed "found footage" film: Creep. Tonight I just finished The Invitation: another very unsettling film along the same lines story-wise. I recommend both.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 04-28-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    This Veep premiere is so damn good.
    I am just getting caught up on the past few seasons. I don't know how I missed so many episodes.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Finally saw The Hateful Eight. Really entertainig film. I did enjoy the nod at The Thing ​in the final chapter with the score.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just watched The Exorcist today for the 1st time. Good!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Watching the first two Captain America movies in anticipation of tomorrow night. I'm gonna be so fucked!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Watching the first two Captain America movies in anticipation of tomorrow night. I'm gonna be so fucked!
    *burts in uncontrollable fits of laughter*

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    I finally started watching game of thrones, and we adore it.

But my wife would rather watch any and everything she can find about WW2, from legitimate docs to speculative conspiracy tinged infotainment to war dramas.
    I am glad she has taken an interest in something after her brain issues-the neurologist suggested hobbies, and i guess a WWII obsession is KIND of a hobby, but good lord, some of it's rough. I can't stand images of the holocaust, for instance. I am more "seeing" the war stuff than i am watching it