Page 68 of 155 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 4628

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Plowed through season one of Vikings on Amazon this weekend. What does it say about me when my favorite character is Floki?

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Also grabbed The Hunt and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang from the library as well.
    "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" is SO underrated.

Also, "The Hunt" was scary.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Predestanation - "2014's answer to Looper" - bullshit! It was really, really slow and the "twist" was foreseeable halfway through the movie. Also where Looper was quite clever about all the time-travel-themes, this "loop" just didn't make any sense...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    MST3K marathon on youtube.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" is SO underrated.

Also, "The Hunt" was scary.
    The Hunt was really good. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang I haven't gotten to play yet. Hopefully with persistence and luck my "super"drive well cooperate at some point today. In the man time I'm going to look into this marathon mentioned above.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    MST3K marathon on youtube.
    ditto (obviously, since we've been making jokes at each other about it for the last hour).

why don't we have an mst3k thread?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I don't know; we had a thread in past iterations of the board.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Mockingjay Part 1 was a pretty stellar adaptation.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Predestination- This is a time-traveling movie with a pretty weird plot that is on the knife's edge of insane, but I kind of liked it for whatever reason. I guess I was in a forgiving mood. I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking its bullshit. The performances by Ethan Hawke and Sarah Snook won me over, and I think I was impressed that the directors actually had the nerve to make this.

Stoker- I've been putting off watching this since the reviews were very mixed, and finally got to it and really liked it. It has a very stylish, gothic vibe, with some incredible visuals and sharp editing. The performances from the three leads were great, in particular Mia Wasikowska, who I think got unfairly ignored during the award season that year. The plot doesn't spell out some things, and like Predestination(though this is much more grounded) some people will understandably think its bull, but it worked for me. This is a movie that, for me, feels like you're reading a book, but its in movie form, if that makes any sense, and thats something I liked about it.

Encounters at the End of the World- Werner Herzog documentary that tries to connect people who work in Antarctica with the search for spirituality and meaning. It sounds very pretentious, and it is, but Herzog is a filmmaker who is able to make pretension very watchable, compelling, and oddly funny(at least for me). He pretty much hung out with various people who are involved in research in the Antarctic and somehow got them to say some very personal stories about some of their views on life and spirituality. Its strangely entertaining, the scenery is beautiful, and apparently seals have an incredibly musical way of speaking underwater.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Memento

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Anchorman 2 ....why? wasn't funny until the last half hour with the news teams fight off, watched the supersized version as well.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Clueless. No joke. It's like in my top 10 movies. Maybe that says something about my core being or because I'm a 90s teen.

"They way I feel about the Rolling Stones is the way my kids are gonna feel about Nine Inch Nails."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Penguins of Madagascar. The 11 year old I was with liked it. I like listening to John Malkovich and Benedict Cumberbatch.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i just watched 'a normal heart' on hbo.

wow. so powerful and just ... important.
    Last edited by kel; 12-02-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    About to start into True Detective tonight. If I don't binge out on that I hope to watch Hurt Locker and or Days of Future Past. Though one or both may wait till after work tomorrow depending on how the night goes.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Finally watching Game of Thrones. Up to season 1 episode 7 and wondering how I managed to get this far in life without seeing it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Holy shit, season two finale of Peaky Blinders!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I've been watching The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air again, and it certainly still holds up for me. It's also been quite a while since I've watched it, but as soon as I checked out one episode after another, it's no wonder why I used to watch it regularly when was a child and a teenager. I'm now reminded that it was the second sitcom I really got into growing up right after Full House. The Nanny was probably the third sitcom I got into, and I used to watch it again on Nick at Nite, but it doesn't seem to have been played on Nick at Nite as of late. I'd still catch it for any episodes during seasons 5-6, as I already have seasons 1-3. They just didn't seem to release them yet.

Anyway, I also just love the way Nick at Nite has been treating me so far, as I could make do with it on certain nights, since I can't always collect the DVDs.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-05-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I've been getting back into the Pokemon anime series, i started from scratch and watched Indigo League and Orange Islands....i had seen most of those episodes when i was younger as well as the first couple of movies but i remembered only seeing a portion of the Orange Islands before i must have either ended up moving or been without cable, definitely hadn't watched any of it since so now I'm just getting to see Johto stuff for the first time. Can't believe how long this show has been running, it's going to take ages to get caught up.

I know the show is quite kiddy, formulaic and the same thing over and over pretty much but I've been enjoying it, no doubt I'll probably get sick of it before i get anywhere near the latest series lol damn Team Rocket is definitely the most annoying aspect of the show, apparently they aren't even in some of the seasons after a certain point? sounds interesting.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Finally watched Del Toro's "Mama" last night. Very well thought out story and the scares were pretty good. There are places where it showed weakness but overall very entertaining film.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Snowpiercer

What a strange/fun/heavy-handed movie.

Watching it is kind of like having a really surreal (but fun) nightmare

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Just watched Fury. Not the best WWII movie I've ever seen (that distinction goes to The Great Escape!), but decent. Interesting part is that it gave a bit of a look into what my grandpa did in WWII, as he was a radio operator/loader in a Sherman tank.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Just watched Fury. Not the best WWII movie I've ever seen (that distinction goes to The Great Escape!), but decent. Interesting part is that it gave a bit of a look into what my grandpa did in WWII, as he was a radio operator/loader in a Sherman tank.
    Have you caught up on Game of Thrones yet?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    love me some Graham Hancock..

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Have you caught up on Game of Thrones yet?!
    Still working on season one! Got a little sidetracked... The wife hadn't seen Band of Brothers yet.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just saw Francois Truffaut's final film in Confidentially Yours which I think is one of his best and certainly a fitting finale to his entire career. It's sad that he would die a year later after its release and only five films short of his actual goal of 30 films. I think it's really witty and full of charm. I've now completed all of the films of Francois Truffaut.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The David Cronenberg/Naomi Watts film Eastern Promises. About the Russian Mafia or should i say Chechen mafia. Its gained a bit of a cult following since it came out in 2007.
    only saw it yesterday. Im honestly think Viggo Mortensons acting in this film is possibly the best acting Ive ever seen.
    The Russian/Chechen gangsters are absolutley terrifying. They are made of steel, its nice to be reminded in this film that there is a massive network of them operating in the city i live in!
    David Cronenberg is a truly great director

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I just saw Francois Truffaut's final film in Confidentially Yours which I think is one of his best and certainly a fitting finale to his entire career. It's sad that he would die a year later after its release and only five films short of his actual goal of 30 films. I think it's really witty and full of charm. I've now completed all of the films of Francois Truffaut.
    That's a great idea: a Truffaut film fest of sorts. Did you rent all of them? Buy them?