Page 150 of 155 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,500 of 4627

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    The Handmaiden. Holy shit, what a great movie.

Finished BoJack Horseman and began watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Both excellent, each for different reasons.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    The Handmaiden. Holy shit, what a great movie.

Finished BoJack Horseman and began watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Both excellent, each for different reasons.
    BoJack Horseman blew my goddamn mind. It's one of the most emotional shows I've ever seen, and it's about talking animals.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    When Harry Met Sally.

I haven’t watched this since around when it came out as a kid. It came up at work recently a guy I work with recently watched it, he’s maybe 30? Said he enjoyed it. So tonight when doing the doom scroll for things to watch it popped up, and I’ll be dammed if it wasn’t excellent. Fucking 30 some years later.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

Been watching Paper Girls. It's really good.
    we just finished the 7th episode. I know it was just cancelled - but it might be coming back question mark - but still, there's a lot of world-building they still need to do for this eighth episode for me to say it was a knock out of the park. The 12 year old aspect of the show is a little much to take on, they all sound so whiny at times. I want to just smack them all at different times but I have to keep reminding myself that at 12 I was probably just as insufferable. My son certainly was...is...I guess it's a thing until life hits you in the face with some reality. that part feels terminally true, for better or worse.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It’s a vaguely guilty pleasure but I’ve very much enjoyed the new Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared series and have been going back to watch the original videos along with it. Super different vibe from the originals but one that feels incredibly fitting nonetheless. It’s essentially just slightly a slightly darker equivalent of The Muppet Show at this point and I appreciate that

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This wasn't good. Some interesting ideas and funny dialogue, but it goes nowhere and takes forever to get there.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've enjoyed the "Let the Right One In" series. Great cast and story so far (I also enjoyed both the original movie and remake).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    S4 of What We Do in the Shadows appears to be, ah, terrible? We're only on the fourth episode but there's been a large dearth of laughs this season. I admit that the long con of last season paid of very well in the last episode so maybe that's what they're building to?

The effects on the Colin Robinson avatar are very off-putting. I also don't understand the arc for the fourth episode where Colin Robinson was basically becoming a young energy vampire but Laszlo wanted him to be exciting instead and then suddenly he makes Colin Robinson hate being boring by being...more boring? Until the song and dance number and now he wants Colin Robinson to be exciting and practice? I dunno what's going on here.

There was a moment of the episode where someone calls Guillermo a human and gets upset and he says no I'm a goblin. fine, whatever you need to do to cast aspersions on the human characters. But there's at least two or three camera operators who are human and yet that's ignored by the creatures in the show. BUT the characters never forget about the camera and mug for it constantly. It's actually getting annoying how often they look straight down the barrel and do the "can you believe this" shot. No I can't. It's supposed to be a pseudo documentary, I get that, but come on. You want to do interview bits at the camera? those are fine but you can't keep using the camera/audience as part of the show like that. It's getting to be too much.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just finished the Weird Al biopic. That was wild. Everyone go watch it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Just finished the Weird Al biopic. That was wild. Everyone go watch it.
    Omg it was UNREAL.
    Most accurate biopic I've ever seen, honestly.

If you ever dug a Weird Al song, WATCH this thing.
    @allegate , Al's post above is fucking priceless.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Repo Man.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Moonage Daydream. Finally!!!!!

It's fantastic!
    Last edited by chuckrh; 11-18-2022 at 04:08 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    2022 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony.

Great show, great performances. It made me feel really really old watching the clips.

It was fun to get a glimpse of Dave Grohl air drumming to Duran Duran's Hungry Like the Wolf. Nerd! It was great to see Mr Mathers seamlessly performing with other musicians. And, of course, Dolly. Dolly is a national treasure.

It was weird listening to Lionel Richie sing Easy and thinking "Mike Patton sings it better". But again, Mike Patton sings everything better so no offense to Mr Richie.

Very nice show!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    2022 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony.

Great show, great performances. It made me feel really really old watching the clips.

It was fun to get a glimpse of Dave Grohl air drumming to Duran Duran's Hungry Like the Wolf. Nerd! It was great to see Mr Mathers seamlessly performing with other musicians. And, of course, Dolly. Dolly is a national treasure.

It was weird listening to Lionel Richie sing Easy and thinking "Mike Patton sings it better". But again, Mike Patton sings everything better so no offense to Mr Richie.

Very nice show!
    I've only watched maybe half of it so far, but it has been pretty great. Pat Benatar still sounds fucking great!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I've only watched maybe half of it so far, but it has been pretty great. Pat Benatar still sounds fucking great!
    She was awesome! So was Annie Lennox! And the In Memoriam montage made me cry.

Really, just a fantastic show. I'm going to watch it again.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Watched "Spirited" on Apple+ and it was alright. an interesting take on the Christmas Past/Present/Future story that had so many songs...wow. a lot of songs. one of the characters even commented on it a couple times which was either funny or too meta, depending on your taste...I can see it go either way.

The twist was actually kind of enjoyable because I didn't see it coming. I wasn't watching it like "oh that's a red herring THIS is the plot" either so if you figure it out beforehand then eh, good for you. The movie doesn't hinge on the discovery after all. The ending was a little formulaic because I did see that one coming but it was fine, it went over well enough.

The only thing I didn't like was the parts from the trailers that were in the movie. I liked the trailer because it seemed impromptu and done for that but no it was in the movie. just didn't seem as impromptu then.

There was a deleted song - with dance number - in the movie. it's kind of funny because the song was teed up and ready to go in the film, dance and all, but it was cut short. so they end the movie with it playing during the credits.

I really really enjoy how Ryan (and I'm only saying him because he's done this before) tries to get the crew in front of cameras. at the end of the movie they pan off the dance number to the crew doing their work and it's great. these people have their name on the screen but that's it but to give them a chance to be on screen? And in a way that feels natural? I dunno it just feels like he's trying to do good.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Free HBO this weekend. Started watching Tokyo Vice. Excellent. Michael Mann project based on a true story. Worth a watch for sure.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This was interesting, but too long and plodding.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Bones and All.

Was an interesting take on misfit love. Will have to revisit to get a solid take on it overall. The horror (?) love story mix was done well imo.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I’m recovering from a tonsillectomy.

I’ve been binge-watching HBO’s “Succession.”

Jesus, there are so few likable people in this show. If any. Yet, it’s like a train wreck. I just keep watching.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Watched "Spirited" on Apple+
    We typically hate musicals. My husband sat down next to me on the sectional as I began watching this, and he nearly got up and left … “a MUSICAL?!?!” I said, yeah, but I read an interesting article about these actors and how all of them had misgivings about taking on this project because they all said they couldn’t sing. He stayed to watch.

We actually really liked this film. It was … I dunno … entertaining, cute, we’d watch it again.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Did he sympathize with Marley? I mean there were at least two musical numbers the actor was trying to run away from, I loved those bits.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Did he sympathize with Marley? I mean there were at least two musical numbers the actor was trying to run away from, I loved those bits.
    Lol yeah, now that I think about it, you’re right!

I have to watch this again. It was pretty clever. I’m a huge Dickens fan, and of course THIS Dickens has been done to death but I really love what they did with this. Especially the total asshole “irredeemable” Ryan Reynolds character.

Last edited by allegro; 11-30-2022 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Finding out who Present actually was was the first "oh that's new" bit of the film for me. It's been done so many ways but that was actually surprising.

As was how dark the movie got. I thought they would pull it back a bit and just say how bad it could be but no, they pulled no punches and said fuck you stop bullying kids online. Punch in the gut.

but on a lighter (er, maybe not, now that I think about it) note that scene where he worked up the christmas tree convention was great. pitch-perfect takedown of how these guys can get anger to be strong enough to hate anyone, even when you weren't angry to start with.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)

Finally watched it and OMG! There's my boys/favorite band...under lots of makeup, of course.

But, HOLY SHIT.
    Old 97s.
    PROBABLY my favorite band, AND, one of my BEST friends, two pretty damned good friends, and one "too cool to talk to me much/moved to LA," once upon a time good friends.
    They went from 12 people watching them, 1993, in Deep Ellum at tiny clubs, to the motherfucking MCU!

I'm so goddamn proud. It's also surreal.
    THIS is the band I've seen over 100 times.

I don't just feel like THEY made it here. Having been along for SO much of the ride, for 30 fucking years, I feel like WE made it.

Edit: did NOT mean to post about this in two threads. Sorry, y'all. Shit has been wild, lately.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-04-2022 at 04:33 AM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Juice WRLD: Into The Abyss.

I was really sad and thought a flick would cheer me up. A world of juice! What could go wrong?
    Well, uh, I guess it did what it said on the tin.
    Damn good story, told mostly through candid footage.
    Damn SAD story, though, about a spiral into hard-core addiction.
    It's SO bizarre: he and his girl were Kurt and Courtney, the sequel. Some of the parallels are uncanny.

That kid was also INSANELY talented,.and REALLY did his stuff freestyle.
    He SANG on the big hit songs, though: about being heartbroken and taking drugs and wanting to die...I don't understand how that stuff is "rap.'
    But I damn sure see him in a new light, and I dig the tunes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Shit is good as hell.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    George & Tammy is really good. It probably wouldn't work with lesser actors but they went A list with Jessica Chastain & Michael Shannon. The story is pretty well known but it's presented very well. I'm just hoping we get the scene where George gets a DUI on his lawnmower. He wanted to go to the local bar but Tammy hid his car keys. So, he saddled up the lawnmower & headed out, It didn't end well, haha. The 2 stars are doing their own singing which is really impressive considering the stature of the people they are playing.