Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    My set arrived last week, and is fucking gorgeous. Number 0484/3000.

Unfortunately, after trying on various computers, it's clear my USB drive doesn't work. Only one computer recognized it and the drive was still inaccessible. Contacted TopSpin last night and I await word on how it might be fixed. Fingers crossed.

Nonetheless, the set is still gorgeous, was worth (the ridiculous) wait, and I look forward to actually sitting down and enjoying the vinyl when I have the time.
    How come so many people are having issues with the USBs?

Works fine on my PC. Contents are in there and are displayed.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    How come so many people are having issues with the USBs?

Works fine on my PC. Contents are in there and are displayed.
    I'm guessing if we knew the answer to that, we wouldn't be having any issues.

No progress from TopSpin, though they've replied. They said they need to get in touch with the manufacturer. We'll see what happens. I'd be happy to just get the content somehow, I don't actually need a new razorblade. I'm happy to have it be awesome-looking and non-working.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Am I the only dork who hasn't opened the set out of its shrinkwrap to check the signatures and vinyl and USB razor?...I've been so damn busy with work and feeling generally lazy at home. That's my excuse. Ha!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    Am I the only dork who hasn't opened the set out of its shrinkwrap to check the signatures and vinyl and USB razor?...I've been so damn busy with work and feeling generally lazy at home. That's my excuse. Ha!
    i got mine a couple of weeks ago and i opened it up, looked at it real quick and put it away. between work, expecting my son who is due to be born in the next few weeks and doing a master bathroom renovation, i haven't had time to sit down and fully enjoy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Frankly, with what many of you are saying about the idea of a Deluxe packaging, I do kind of agree. I am a huge fan of listening to my music on Vinyl and don't buy CDs (and 9/10 times with the artists I listen to a digital version is included some way in the record set). This set is seriously awesome, but as a teacher it cut into the budget a little deep this time around. I'm not sure what many of you bought the set for, but I can tell you I bought it to listen to, not just set it on a coffee table for friends and family to admire how pretty it was. I wasn't able to afford the Ghosts set at the time, but I was just as pleased with the normal double fold album you could eventually buy without all the whistles and bells. I really hope in the future that Trent and co. will accommodate those who enjoy Vinyl, but don't want to fork over the cash for the premium package. I think offering the deluxe version is great, but offering something a tad more standard on Vinyl would make me a happy camper.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo_0788 View Post
    Frankly, with what many of you are saying about the idea of a Deluxe packaging, I do kind of agree. I am a huge fan of listening to my music on Vinyl and don't buy CDs (and 9/10 times with the artists I listen to a digital version is included some way in the record set). This set is seriously awesome, but as a teacher it cut into the budget a little deep this time around. I'm not sure what many of you bought the set for, but I can tell you I bought it to listen to, not just set it on a coffee table for friends and family to admire how pretty it was. I wasn't able to afford the Ghosts set at the time, but I was just as pleased with the normal double fold album you could eventually buy without all the whistles and bells. I really hope in the future that Trent and co. will accommodate those who enjoy Vinyl, but don't want to fork over the cash for the premium package. I think offering the deluxe version is great, but offering something a tad more standard on Vinyl would make me a happy camper.
    Wouldn't the manufacturing cost for a six-vinyl set drive the price way up, though?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    #1507/3000 finally!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It finally arrived today, nearly missed the delivery. Heard them putting the leaflet through the letter box saying it was being left at the post office and I ran out and caught them just as they were driving away.

It's number 1112. Haven't really got a chance to look at it yet but already it's made me think all the waiting was worth it, what little I've seen of it is fantastically beautiful.

USB works fine for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wouldn't the manufacturing cost for a six-vinyl set drive the price way up, though?
    Well I'm not 100% on how manufacturing and business in general for production works, but if that were the case then the standard Ghosts record I own would've been way more than the $40 I spent on it (considering both the super deluxe and the normal vinyl set contained the same amount of discs record wise). In no way do I suggest putting this out as a $20 record set, but I remember ordering it after reading Trent's post about a six Vinyl set and already expected to drop $75 for it (that obviously didn't go as planned lol). Really all I'm saying is keep it open like Ghosts was. The options for that were (in my opinion) perfect because it hit every kind of fan from those interested in something super simple, a CD set, a satisfactory record set, or just every possible thing in one package.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    stupid question : French Bluray is finally released today, Trent isn't in the bonus ?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    stupid question : French Bluray is finally released today, Trent isn't in the bonus ?
    TR+AR didn't have time to be on the Blu Ray or DVD, there's no footage period, sadly.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I bought my boxes for the vinyls
    My vinyls (from the UK order) sound on several tracks like shit. I dropped a complaint! Getting tired of this...

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    My vinyls (from the UK order) sound on several tracks like shit. I dropped a complaint! Getting tired of this...
    After some misunderstanding and mailing, I received today an email:

"Hi there - Thanks for your continued patience with this issue. I have put in a reshipment request for the damaged vinyls to management. Since we are not holding the merchandise in the UK for this particular item, it will be shipped by the US team. It shouldn't be too long - keep an eye out! Please let me know if you do not receive the replacement vinyls and I will look further into this. Enjoy the music and thanks for your support!"

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    5/25/12
    7/24/12
    After some misunderstanding and mailing, I received today an email:

"Hi there - Thanks for your continued patience with this issue. I have put in a reshipment request for the damaged vinyls to management. Since we are not holding the merchandise in the UK for this particular item, it will be shipped by the US team. It shouldn't be too long - keep an eye out! Please let me know if you do not receive the replacement vinyls and I will look further into this. Enjoy the music and thanks for your support!"
    My waiting succeeded.
    Look what the postman brought this morning. Even a low numbered version.
    I thought I only would get a set of new vinyls...
    FYI, it's from the UK order I did.
    After all, good service.

vvv NO vvv
    Last edited by witte; 10-02-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    My waiting succeeded.
    Look what the postman brought this morning. Even a low numbered version.
    NICE! FWIW, I'd guess that #51 is likely the lowest number in "circulation" as I'm sure they held the first 50 for "personal use" amongst friends/etc. I believe it's the lowest number that was ever seen for Ghosts.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The vinyls from your UK orders sound different than the vinyls from your U.S. order?

VVV Oh, how well I know.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 05-25-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    My US box is still sealed.
    I'm a collector, you know?
    I ordered an extra US box for a dutch collector friend. Still waiting for his report.
    I listened to three vinyls and on several parts of the tracks I hear distortion and crackling. Unbelievable.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Guys, the word "vinyl" in reference to gramophone records is an uncountable noun... the plural is "vinyl", not "vinyls", JFYI.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Guys, the word "vinyl" in reference to gramophone records is an uncountable noun... the plural is "vinyl", not "vinyls", JFYI.
    Not in British English

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Not in the netherlands

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Look it up... if your dictionary says "uncountable" before the definition you're using, then use of the plural is incorrect.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Look it up... if your dictionary says "uncountable" before the definition you're using, then use of the plural is incorrect.
    OK. To stay a little 'on topic'
    On several tracks,
    Vinyl 1a sounds shit
    Vinyl 1b sounds shit
    Vinyl 2b sounds shit
    Vinyl 3a sounds shit

Edit:
    My dutch collector friend also confirmed a few bad sound errors. He has an US box.
    I cannot imagine that we are the only ones.
    Last edited by witte; 05-25-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    On several tracks,
    Vinyl 1a sounds shit
    Vinyl 1b sounds shit
    Vinyl 2b sounds shit
    Vinyl 3a sounds shit

Edit:
    My dutch collector friend also confirmed a few bad sound errors. He has an US box.
    Does your friend have errors in the same tracks/areas, or in other parts? Now I'm concerned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On several tracks,
    Vinyl 1a sounds shit
    Vinyl 1b sounds shit
    Vinyl 2b sounds shit
    Vinyl 3a sounds shit

Edit:
    i have a US box. mine had some sound errors too. i thought it was my turntable acting up. i'll probably listen to again soon and make notes of when it happens.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Got #675. Very nice package, back into the box and into storage with Ghosts Deluxe it goes. Edit: mine has the ribbon for getting the USB out
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 05-25-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Not in British English
    Plenty of our fellow uk country folk say "vinyls" and are just as wrong as our us cousins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    finally got it!
    1350/3000
    http://instagr.am/p/LLRkAMiqw6/
    flash razor is cool
    the chain is pretty long! what are you guys doing with yours if you're going to wear it? take some of the links away?
    Last edited by acidpolly; 05-28-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acidpolly View Post
    finally got it!
    1350/3000
    http://instagr.am/p/LLRkAMiqw6/
    flash razor is cool
    the chain is pretty long! what are you guys doing with yours if you're going to wear it? take some of the links away?
    If I don't end up cancelling mine (reported sound errors in this thread sorta have me back on the fence and it hasn't shipped from amazon.ca yet), I plan to remove the links on mine if needed. It would probably look stupid if worn hanging down too long, depending on the person. Plan to use Rooney promo pics as a reference for the potential length.
    Last edited by blassster; 06-02-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i got mie last week,no.2947
    after i payed 360$ (shippment incl.(germany)) i had to pay 66€ for duty-(was really mad about that one).
    but i dont care much though, cuz its worth every cent,the quality and artwork is amazing...
    i didnt have the time yet to hear all of the vinyls so i cant say anything about the sound issues (but as i looked through them i recognized some quality differences-width differences on one and the same vinyl)...
    the thing i really shit around with is the usb drive....i plug it in, its recognized but i cant c any data.
    it keeps telling me insert disc or shit like that...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I've listened to all 6 records in my set and NONE of them sound like shit. They all sound incredible, with no distortion or crackling.