Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    relaaaax, the extra features will be on youtube on day of release, if not earlier

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Blu-ray is a 3-disc set. There was a list of the features floating around a few days ago. I noticed quite a few regarding the opening titles, but nothing seemed score-specific like TSN.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    The Blu-ray is a 3-disc set. There was a list of the features floating around a few days ago. I noticed quite a few regarding the opening titles, but nothing seemed score-specific like TSN.
    Doesn't the American Release mean Disc 1=Blu Ray, Disc 2=DVD, Disc 3=Digital Copy, though?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's labeled as Blu-ray+DVD+Ultraviolet. So we're either going to have 2 Blu-rays and a DVD or 1 Blu-ray and 2 DVDs since Ultraviolet doesn't use a disc.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Aw man, it's on Ultraviolet? That's like, king of anti-piracy bullshit and takes me literally 10 minutes to crack. TEN MINUTES I COULD USE TO MAKE WAFFLES.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Wait, what? The US only gets the Fincher commentary, but the UK gets a jam packed special edition?
    Amazon UK says "Region Free" in the title, but "Region 2" in the product details:

Check it out.

Typical. . .
    Last edited by NIN64; 02-12-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    It's labeled as Blu-ray+DVD+Ultraviolet. So we're either going to have 2 Blu-rays and a DVD or 1 Blu-ray and 2 DVDs since Ultraviolet doesn't use a disc.
    Oh godammit. I fucking HATE ultraviolet. I don't want to stream a movie on my iPad using up all my 3G, I want to just watch a digital copy that's already been imported. Seriously, has anyone found a way to actually get ultraviolet digital copies onto iTunes yet?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Amazon UK says "Region Free" in the title, but "Region 2" in the product details:

Check it out.

Typical. . .
    Blu-Ray.com update. Looks like all those features will be on the American release too, albeit with different names.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Posted this in the "Le Cinema" section, but this thread is more active and in appears to be in use for general information other than the score. If anyone missed it or cared:

Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    http://www.wdsspr.ru/now/00127/

Came across this when trying to find a higher res version of one of the GDT promo images for a wallpaper, and there's a few on there (click on the Russian text under the image to download rather than the image for high res). There's some other cool stuff, like 10867x5433/535mb and 8150x11929/700mb photoshop assets for 2 Russian posters. The posters have the text is on its own layer, so you can have the art by itself in a couple of clicks if desired. I put the poster photoshop files on my dropbox for fast download speeds, as most people might be interested in these over anything else. Might be a grey area to share the assets, but they're already publicly available on the Russian site. The backdrop image is flattened to one layer anyway. Here are the links:

PS file in RAR (301mb)
    Text-free JPG (26mb)

PS file in RAR (399mb)
    Text-free JPG (42mb)

16:10 cropped wallpaper versions of the landscape poster from my first dropbox link. Unsure if this exact image already exists somewhere as a wallpaper download:
    1680x1050
    1920x1200

Video stuff: There's some electronic press kit videos on there and very brief interviews from Fincher and Mara, which I believe were recorded before the screenings. There's also 6 or so MXF files, ranging from 700MB to 1.7GB, which I'm guessing are source files used for the trailers or something else. I don't know how to open MXF files, everything was individually zipped so I had to find this found out after downloading them, if someone else was interested maybe they could give it a shot. They're related to Avid video editing tools, I gave them a shot in premiere but they didn't work. I recommend using a download manager like jdownloader to get the larger stuff since this site is slow (between 40 and 50kb/s for me).
    Last edited by blassster; 06-06-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    At this point I'd rather just get a refund, as I'm not that interested in it anymore, but the fine print apparently doesn't allow for you to cancel your order.
    Don't believe the fine print.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Don't believe the fine print.
    Yeah, I'm in the process of getting one, I just need to purchase the Digital Album (or hopefully the CD for the same price) and they'll refund me for the Deluxe Set. I might regret it once people start getting them and posting pictures, but it's not sold out yet so I suppose I could reorder it. I'll probably just save my money for the Fragile deluxe thing whenever that comes out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    got my CD in the mail yesterday! doubt i'll ever actually play the CDs but it sure looks nice. now where's my razor blade USB?!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    also got my preordered CD set. phew! next time i'll think more than twice about p r e o r d e r i n g

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Yeah, I'm in the process of getting one, I just need to purchase the Digital Album (or hopefully the CD for the same price) and they'll refund me for the Deluxe Set. I might regret it once people start getting them and posting pictures, but it's not sold out yet so I suppose I could reorder it. I'll probably just save my money for the Fragile deluxe thing whenever that comes out.
    so how did you manage to cancel your order? i sure can use the $300 at this point for something else.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    A Thousand Details.

It's supposed to be 60 tomorrow. I'm waiting until nightfall, then putting this on loop and going for a run.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so I still haven't gotten my special edition version yet, and life has been pretty expensive lately. Are people saying it's still possible to cancel your order and get a refund? All things considered, I could really use 300 bucks right now, and Reznor already has enough of my money.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Well the shipping date has been delayed until the end of March. Contact Null I suppose.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so I still haven't gotten my special edition version yet, and life has been pretty expensive lately. Are people saying it's still possible to cancel your order and get a refund? All things considered, I could really use 300 bucks right now, and Reznor already has enough of my money.
    I contacted Topspin right after the delay and received a refund (well, I haven't checked my cc statement yet...)

I just replied to my original e-mail receipt, but I think if you used this link it might be faster.

https://app.topspin.net/account/help_public

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i couldn't respond fast enough to that "Delay" email...

edit: actually that was a "do-not-reply" email so i had to use https://app.topspin.net/account/help_public
    Last edited by konstantin; 02-23-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so I sent in my request to cancel the order. Part of me is bummed, but I really need that money. As long as I get to check it out in person at some point, I'll be satisfied.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    so I sent in my request to cancel the order. Part of me is bummed, but I really need that money. As long as I get to check it out in person at some point, I'll be satisfied.
    Yeah, I couldn't afford it anymore either.

Actually, I couldn't really afford it to begin with. But as time went on, I lost the "ooooo look shiny! a new TR LE! must have!" glow, and reality set in about how little this package truly offered for the money. (Not saying that to hate.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Yeah, I couldn't afford it anymore either.

Actually, I couldn't really afford it to begin with. But as time went on, I lost the "ooooo look shiny! a new TR LE! must have!" glow, and reality set in about how little this package truly offered for the money. (Not saying that to hate.)
    same here. i was totally just blowing $$ on TR's signature while i was in a holiday mood. have no idea what producing those DE vinyls involves, but it seems excessive to me that it takes 4 more months for a soundtrack which must have been finished sometime last fall. maybe i would have felt different if it was an album i cared about, but a soundtrack to a movie i still don't care about, not so much.

hopefully The Fragile reissue will come in some sort of super deluxe edition.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I don't know, I'm still super excited to get mine. Sure it sucks having to wait an extra month and a half, but if anything that will make me appreciate it even more when it DOES come. There's no fucking way I'm canceling my order.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so... how long did it take you guys to hear a response from Topspin? I'm still waiting for anything other than the auto-reply email they sent me, and their offices close at 6 pm and don't open again until monday. This is a rant, but I don't like when businesses don't publicly list their phone number, but insist upon having yours. Especially since this is a service that's supposed to enable artists to ship and distribute product, how the FUCK do they get away with having an unlisted phone number?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-24-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    so... how long did it take you guys to hear a response from Topspin? I'm still waiting for anything other than the auto-reply email they sent me, and their offices close at 6 pm and don't open again until monday. This is a rant, but I don't like when businesses don't publicly list their phone number, but insist upon having yours. Especially since this is a service that's supposed to enable artists to ship and distribute product, how the FUCK do they get away with having an unlisted phone number?
    It took 2 days to hear from a real person, but it took 8 days from when I first e-mailed to when I was told I was receiving a refund. I'm not sure what took so long... from the updates on the ticket, it seemed like my request was being handed back and forth between departments and staff members like a game of hot potato. There was no communication, just these weird updates about who was now handling my case. (I just sat back and watched... only e-mailed them once during it all.) Hopefully yours will be more efficient.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 02-24-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    ^^ Exactly what happened with mine too.

Just keep an eye on the ticket updates, and make sure that the ticket never says that it's waiting for a reply from you, otherwise it might auto-close without your response.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    The ticket? I'm not sure I understand

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The ticket? I'm not sure I understand
    The electronic help ticket created when you filled out the form here:
    https://app.topspin.net/account/help_public

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got an email about the "ticket" being created but no link to check actual status.

Google to the resque: http://support.topspinmedia.com/requests You'll have to login first, so follow instructions as apparently the system was supposed to send you a welcome email with a verification link after you submitted the ticket (it'll tell you that you've been registered with the system already). Once I logged in I see no open requests :-(

Why can't they just use amazon.com? I hope TR goes through this kind of bullshit in his everyday life too :-P

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Amazon doesn't have some tools and infrastructure that topspin does, and I guess having your own custom store is nice?