Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    is anyone going to scan taht Hollywood Repoter article or is it an online magazine only? would be highly apprecaited I guess.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I finally got around to listening all 39 tracks. Good stuff overall to be sure. About three quarters of what I heard I would consider background music, meaning I don't think I'll be actively re-listening those tracks, except if I'm commuting, working etc. The rest range from very good to great and I look forward to seeing how some of them will be incorporated in the film. The track that so far stands out the most to me is Great Bird of Prey. It's all kinds of kickass! Hypomania is also one of my favourites.

Sidenote: Trent's voice in Is Your Love Strong Enough reminds me of Peter Gabriel for some reason.
    Last edited by Alexandros; 12-16-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    Good stuff overall to be sure. About three quarters of what I heard I would consider background music, meaning I don't think I'll be actively re-listening those tracks
    Pretty much my thoughts. Terrific score; more oriented to supporting picture, which is from where all the glowing, ambient, dark, extending sounds came from. It'll be exciting to finally watch the film to see the other half..that supporting framework that fits the music.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Likewise, I'm eager to see the film to see where everything slots into place. But on it's own the score is such a strong record, I haven't even made it to Disc 3 yet and I'm already completely absorbed by it. Very disturbing and aggressive in places, lots of tension, which I imagine will fit the film's vibe perfectly. I think the first 2-3 seconds of 'Please Take Your Hand Away' is the seediest, grimiest music I've ever heard. Fucking amazing stuff, the complete antitheses to Social Network. I prefer the more tuneful, melodic tracks, like 'I Can't Take It Anymore' which seems really quite different to Trent's previous output, and 'An Itch' (which is just fucking awesome.) 'Pinned and Mounted' sounds the most NIN-ish to me, which is probably why it's one of my favourites.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    based on how many times the Immigrant Song video switched positions on the Pitchfork home page (including becoming a top story during the weekend, and then back and forth), i really wonder how much influence the studios have on them. this isn't just ads playing in ad space, it's deliberate promotion of the scale i haven't witnessed on that site.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Trailers are everywhere on YouTube.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I tried to contact the only book store left where I live the local Barnes and Noble re the Hollywood Reporter magazine. The lady on the phone was nice and went to check on it for me. They dont sell it there, but she kindly informed me they have many "hollywood" magazines with Twilight issues.
    I laughed and told her I wasnt interested in Twilight, but that Trent was on the cover. She had a silent pause and then said. "Oh, Oh my..I'll have to be on the look out for that."
    So if anyone does find where the magazine can be purchased besides ebay...let us know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hopefully it will show up here (shortly) as the December 23rd issue.

https://store.thr.com/ProductsList.aspx?WG=404

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Fantastic news. Good to see the recognition of something innovative and original within the mainstream limelight. Can't wait to see the movie, then buy the score. I really want to be surprised by the score within the movie. Then I'll listen to the whole catalog that didn't make it in.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The soundtrack is so good, but I honestly don't know how to approach listening to it. I did one run that was for the most part straight through, but I just love to listen to albums straight through, its tough for me to break this one apart, really tremendous work though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the only real competition T&R have is the score for The Artist because it has won most of the critics awards so far and the film itself is expected to win best picture

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bloom View Post
    the only real competition T&R have is the score for The Artist because it has won most of the critics awards so far and the film itself is expected to win best picture
    Interesting promotion. "The Weinstein Company has announced plans to take The Artist on tour, but with a live orchestra, led by the film’s composer Ludovic Bource."
    http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...medium=twitter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Loved that Charlie Rose interview with the cast. However, I've realized how eager i am to listen to just the scoring aspect of the film from Fincher. Perhaps if the person or organization interviewing Fincher was of musical background, like rolling stone magazine or something/someone. I had no clue that Fincher has been trying to get Trent to score for 10 yrs now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    7 hour bus trip through rural PA and NY, perfect time for me to finally give this soundtrack a listen through.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Trent continually forgets: "shorter edits" still means DIFFERENT edits, and so rabid desire for all the music.
    Maybe next time TRAR do a score, they'll put the sampler in with the deluxe package?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Well, Trent makes the music and Atticus does the mixing.
    Maybe the first one didn't check the second one

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Composed, performed, arranged, programmed and produced by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
    :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Didn't see this posted. I am sorry if it already has somewhere on ETS.

Trent did a audio interview with NPR Fresh Air.

http://www.npr.org/2011/12/19/143834...-air-interview

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I’m a fan of Fresh Air, but this interview went where I thought it might. I was hoping it would stay on soundtrack topics, or what his future plans are. Only about 5 minutes were devoted to Dragon Tattoo. I know TR/NIN is probably not well known in the NPR universe, I understand she had to do a retrospective. But Terry was way too focused on what makes Trent “dark” or “angsty.” It is such a pedestrian question to ask someone what was going through their mind when they wrote a song. I would have been better to ask what his inspirations where at the time, or what NIN in general was trying to convey. I’ve been waiting like 15 years for Trent to be on Fresh Air, and it was pretty much a big disappointment.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Hey, they played HLAH, that makes it an awesome interview

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh, the Fresh Air interview! I was cringing most of the time and yelling at the computer - not due to ol' Rezmo, but the questions! It was blatantly obvious that he was there to talk about the scores, and not take a walk down memory lane, and I thought he got that across fairly gently... and then the next thing was "Ok, next we're going to go even further back in time, to the 80's." Good grief. Then I laughed at the not-so-gentle snarking later on. Can't say it wasn't deserved.

I hadn't really visited ETS or stayed on the up-and-up with much news from when the tour ended 'til maybe the Golden Globes. Proof that I'm a bad fangirl: references are made to TR being a father, and we look at each other and I say: "Really? When did that happen?"

Anyway, the bits of the interview that actually talked about the recent composition process were incredibly interesting. I'm assuming TR knows that if he ever wants to do a video or interview elsewhere going into depth on this subject, the audience is there.
    Last edited by Jadezuki; 12-19-2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: because I forgot to mention snark, which always makes me giggle

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    There is an advanced screening tomorrow evening, but my boyfriend said he'll go with me (he won't be home until the 23rd) and since we've never been on a movie date I really want to go with him. So, I'll wait a few days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No Spoilers, just my general impression of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo as a whole upon my first viewing:
    All of my anticipation for the film came to fruition tonight when I was able to catch an advance (Barely, but best I could do in AZ) screening in Scottsdale, AZ. I was very impressed by the film in many ways. Of course the score was phenomenal, as we all have known since Dec. 9th, and the music really worked well within the film. Even having listened to the entire score many times before seeing the film, while highly recognizable, there was not a point in the film where I had more concentration on the music than the film as a whole. The film was visually stunning throughout and I was very caught up in the plot (I intended to read the novels before seeing the original adaptations upon their release in the U.S., but I put it off and once the Fincher/Reznor/Atticus collaboration was announced I made the decision to not read the novels or watch the original films. I opted instead to go into this film with as little knowledge as possible regarding the plot and I came away very happy with that decision. Now after seeing this again possibly Tuesday night and for sure on Wednesday I can go back and read the novels and watch the original adaptations of the trilogy.

Also, the theater had a stack of mini posters (at customer service, they didn't hand them out you had to ask), obviously not as cool or large as the ones from the mouth-taped-shut screenings last week, but nice to have as a keepsake none-the-less for us less fortunate cities that didn't get one of those screenings. So, possibly other theaters will have those upon the initial showings as well if anyone's interested.
    Last edited by ComaMJ33; 12-20-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ComaMJ33 View Post
    No Spoilers, just my general impression of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo as a whole upon my first viewing:
    All of my anticipation for the film came to fruition tonight when I was able to catch an advance (Barely, but best I could do in AZ) screening in Scottsdale, AZ. I was very impressed by the film in many ways. Of course the score was phenomenal, as we all have known since Dec. 9th, and the music really worked well within the film. Even having listened to the entire score many times before seeing the film, while highly recognizable, there was not a point in the film where I had more concentration on the music than the film as a whole. The film was visually stunning throughout and I was very caught up in the plot (I intended to read the novels before seeing the original adaptations upon their release in the U.S., but I put it off and once the Fincher/Reznor/Atticus collaboration was announced I made the decision to not read the novels or watch the original films. I opted instead to go into this film with as little knowledge as possible regarding the plot and I came away very happy with that decision. Now after seeing this again possibly Tuesday night and for sure on Wednesday I can go back and read the novels and watch the original adaptations of the trilogy.

Also, the theater had a stack of mini posters (at customer service, they didn't hand them out you had to ask), obviously not as cool or large as the ones from the mouth-taped-shut screenings last week, but nice to have as a keepsake none-the-less for us less fortunate cities that didn't get one of those screenings. So, possibly other theaters will have those upon the initial showings as well if anyone's interested.
    just got back from the movie, and i too, went into it blind. my buddy has seen the original and read the book(s). he said it was true to both. i have the swedish film and will try to watch it this week to confirm. the score fit perfectly as you said. no posters at my theater.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    My friend just sent me this photo last night after building up the print for his theater. I cant wait to see it later on this week He said its 9 reels long which is 2-3 reels longer than most films (notice how they have fun when labeling the films? lol) He's also going to send me two copies of the trailer on 35mm film now that its hit theaters

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Checking out a finished retail copy of the Dragon Tattoo CD package. Came out great!

just posted on Rob's tumblr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

Checking out a finished retail copy of the Dragon Tattoo CD package. Came out great!

just posted on Rob's tumblr

Erection!!!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Erection!!!!
    when i reblogged it from him, i tagged it #boner