Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Album surprisingly flows much much better than anything Trent/Atticus has released in the past decade (The Fragile being the last album that flowed this well). I love it when the track changes and I have to confirm if it did cause of the seamless flow. Definitely designed for Vinyl play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Goddamn, this thread is a whine-fest.

OPN TOPIC:
    Fucking love the sountrack. Wonder how they will fit all three hours into the film

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Album surprisingly flows much much better than anything Trent/Atticus has released in the past decade (The Fragile being the last album that flowed this well). I love it when the track changes and I have to confirm if it did cause of the seamless flow. Definitely designed for Vinyl play.
    Is every track like that? Fucking awesome, I dig the hell out of shit like that.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    fucking topspin. MY BUTTON IS STILL GREY FUCK YOU

It is officially 3 hours late.

On the positive side, I have all the pirated versions so whatever.. I DONT EVEN NEED YOU TOPSPIN.
    I also think I fixed ETS from crashing and got myself some cool stickies next to my name.

and back to the negative, my kid has been projectile vomiting for the last 4 hours... but the positive is that we will probably listen to the entire album all night since nobody is gonna be getting sleep!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I would actually like to say that I stand in defense of Topspin. This is a hiccup, and sure, it's unfortunate, but they're an incredible and forward thinking company that's moving to fill a need in the music industry. Seeing people write them off because of the server delays is a little unfortunate I think. They're an awesome company.
    agree... mostly. They do need to get on their game in terms of the service reliability. Any part of the tech industry would consider this a failure in service. Topspin IS great and they are filling a spot that many others are absolutely failing to do. They just need to step it up a bit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    agree... mostly. They do need to get on their game in terms of the service reliability. Any part of the tech industry would consider this a failure in service. Topspin IS great and they are filling a spot that many others are absolutely failing to do. They just need to step it up a bit.
    I think what Topspin needs is a service similar to Steam or iTunes. As much as they provide the service to other Artists, I think it'll be an amazing service if it has a dedicated app to compliment the service where, like Steam, you can download the songs whenever you want. Also, where you preload the tracks and it's unlocked once the release date kicks in.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    On the positive side, I have all the pirated versions so whatever.. I DONT EVEN NEED YOU TOPSPIN.
    But What.CD's tracker is down...
    Last edited by FernandoDante; 12-09-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just emailed them, I am sure they will respond when I am sleeping.

Yeah, thanks topspin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    meh, I'm tired of running clients. I use pidgin for everything IM or IRC, and Zune/VLC for anything multimedia. The one thing napster/rhapsody is doing correctly now, is not having anything client side. It just runs in your browser. I hate even the idea of DRM anymore. It's a chore to step through the hoops to get that crap working.

The question I have is the signal to noise ratio. Is it a handful of people having problems and thousands of successes or otherwise? In the past topspin (with Trent & co) have been pretty proactive and responsive to problems. Might take a little bit to sort it out, but it gets sorted out.
    I think what Topspin needs is a service similar to Steam or iTunes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Just finished the 406 mb download and extracting process, i like the .pdf that accompanied it! Also just now getting into the album now, on track three, i really like the seamless flow. Back to the email, i was hoping it would serve as a Live email, like the link would appear blue at any moment at the time of supposed activity, but had to wait for an hour, then received a new email with an update. This held the active "blue" download link. I am good with how topspin has responded in the last few years. And i am glad they work alongside the man.
    Last edited by Desolate Minds; 12-09-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think what Topspin needs is a service similar to Steam or iTunes. As much as they provide the service to other Artists, I think it'll be an amazing service if it has a dedicated app to compliment the service where, like Steam, you can download the songs whenever you want. Also, where you preload the tracks and it's unlocked once the release date kicks in.
    This is an extremely good idea.

I'm going to bed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Apparently, their office is closed..

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    make it optional and that would certainly be neat.
    however, steam works well because you use it to play your games and chat with people (part of the multiplayer game experience). I certainly don't want to have my topspin app open just to PLAY the music and would have little desire to use it for chat. The only time I would ever open it is for downloading. They need to find a reason for people to keep it open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, anyone have a favorite song yet? Or do you all just love the flow. And will give your thoughts in about 3 or so hours...

Last edited by Desolate Minds; 12-09-2011 at 02:26 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm loving "Infiltrator" there is some great 8-bit video game type stuff going on in it, while managing to be creepy and unsettling at the same time

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    I can confirm that the only difference between the iTunes version and the other versions are the shitty set of white earbuds and lower bitrate.
    not true, good sir! I'll make a technical thread for those that really care over the next few days with bitrate, track times, etc.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    But *****'s tracker is down...

sucks for anyone trying to hop on. I am seeing 80+ people that are active in the swarm and my upload is saturated. I am sure this will end up replicating out to the other trackers though.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I really need to listen to this for a few days before I could answer honestly. One time through is just nowhere near enough time to digest. However, right off the bat I am liking the sounds of:
    A Thousand Details
    Infiltrator
    Cut Into Pieces
    Great Bird of Prey
    A Viable Construct

I suspect my opinion will change a bit after seeing the movie too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I emailed Topspin, and some beautiful man named Brian Wiley replied with the most beautiful time sensitive link I have ever seen, in 5 minutes this is go.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finally found a fucking link. Now I just wait an hour and a half for it to finish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Finally found a fucking link. Now I just wait an hour and a half for it to finish.
    I have been searching the internet high and low for one.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Minds View Post
    So, anyone have a favorite song yet? Or do you all just love the flow. And will give your thoughts in about 3 or so hours...
    early favorites just scrolling through a few i've wanted to hear:

• Perihelion = this track reminds me of corona radiata, especially when you take the meaning into account
    • Aphelion
    • Millenia > We Could Wait Forever = my favorite at the moment
    • still liking Oraculum
    • Is Your Love Strong Enough? is pretty catchy

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T33th View Post
    I have been searching the internet high and low for one.
    I'd suggest looking on 4chan's Music board, /mu/. Can't give you the exact link, but it's not hard to find.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Just starting my listen to the Apple Lossless version. Like everyone, I fucking love the transitions so far. This is incredibly exciting. I've tried to avoid Comes Forth In The Thaw as much as possible, and only gave the sampler a couple of cursory listens. Makes some of these tracks seem vaguely familiar, but still new and exciting.

Fun fun fun. I can't wait till everyone gets their downloads so this thread transforms into all reactions.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What's that smell? I know!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The end of Great Bird of Prey caused me to piss myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post
    I was tempted to tweet TR or the NIN twitter. But decided it was pretty pointless. Considering a) I would be one out of a thousand. B.) wtf can they really do?
    Topspin has been doing a really good job responding to people on twitter.

A earlier tweet said they'd go into the night to help people out. Last tweet was almost an hour ago so who knows if they are done for the night.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Mine is downloading now! Great to wake up to some new Trent!!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Okay. Just to be sure I'm not That Guy—because we all hate That Guy—I have finished an hour-long excavation of this thread and found no answer to my question. So I shall now ask it, hoping that, even if there is no answer, I will not be bitch-slapped by people screaming "read the fucking thread."

Do we know if a non-deluxe package, vinyl-only release is coming at some point in the future, or is the six-LP set now and forever exclusively available as a part of the deluxe set? I only buy vinyl, but if vinyl is not going to be coming out, I'll shell out for FLAC.
    Unless things change, the vinyl release is exclusive to the deluxe edition. Additionally, it would seem the majority of the justified cost of the deluxe version is the six vinyl set. I'm betting there will not be a regular vinyl release.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-09-2011 at 03:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is MY KIND OF DAY: A new Reznor record in the morning, a Rammstein concert in the evening... life is beautiful.

[now listening for the very first time]