Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Nine Inch Nails in Twin Peaks.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Every time they tour, I hope it's a club tour. The Wave Goodbye shows kind of guaranteed that. As much as I love the high production spectacle of tours like Lights In The Sky and Tension, the intimacy of club venues and the low-key production making way for much more organic and surprising setlists (both in structure and content) makes them my preferred choice for a NIN show. Not to mention that the sound quality at the clubs that I've been too has been notably superior too. The one downside of club NIN shows (and it's a major one) is that the low occupancy means getting tickets is as nightmarish and stressful as possible.

Regarding the actual thread topic, Trent should be flattered that "the" Nine Inch Nails were included in the most brilliantly insane episode that the Showtime revival has produced thus far. And right in the middle of the episode, not relegated to the closing credits like most of the musical guests. I loved it and the whole goth biker look the band went with, felt very appropriate for the series. Actual performance audio is the only thing that would have made it better but I guess we'll be getting some of that soon enough.

Like others have suggested, I'm basically going to think of this as the official She's Gone Away music video. Especially since, even as a fairly traditional performance video, it utterly blows away Lynch's other recent (and in my opinion embarassingly vapid) collaboration with Trent, Came Back Haunted. God that was disappointing.
    Regarding CBH: I remember when Reznor announced the video thinking it would either be, literally, the best piece of media ever created, or Reznor singing in a chair.

I hate being right. HATE IT.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    While Alessandro's hair gets longer Trent's gets shorter

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Nobody cut that 5.1 webrip yet ? I just finally tried but my favorite tool is in maintenance

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    ...so I did in a file I called Twin.Peaks.S03.The.Nine.Inch.Nails.1080p.AMZN.WEBR ip.DD5.1.x264-NTb.mkv it's (cut in lossless way of course) 379MB instead of the 70MB from youtube and of course E-AC3 5.1

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Interesting concept, i never realized the moan/scream had an intermittent part until I saw the video! I love MRR and the entire band in the video.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    NB There is literally a guy in the audience who has taken his shirt off and dances around with it. #ninspotting

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    Actually, now I can't help but think of all of the Not The Actual Events lyrics in the context of Twin Peaks. God help me, I'm falling down the rabbit (or would it be owl in this case) hole...
    Me too!
    The Idea of You TOTALLY sounds like it could be a rant by Leland.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I bet Christmas sucks at your house. Under the tree sits a bunch of boxes clearly for electronics, video games, toys, socks, and candy. While your children solemnly grab a pack of Hanes, you shout "Wrapping paper is a stupid fad! I have to pull a bunch of cheap paper off of my presents to see what they are?? That's bullshit!" while your wife and children weep, clutching their unwrapped 1lb milk chocolate Santa boxes before bolting off to their bedrooms and slamming their fully translucent doors behind them.

...that's why spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags for NIN being in Twin Peaks is like posting spoiler tags for Iron Man being in the new Spider-Man movie.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Went to dinner with friends, positive consensus about Twin Peaks & NIN. everybody happy that Reznor's dressing like his 'gay heroes of electronic music' and the new songs

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I love watching MQ in this vid, it's eerie seeing her on stage. The entire video is eerie. The band is eerie. This EP is eerie.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I wonder if we'll hear any more NTAE on Twin Peaks, not necessarily as a live performance?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Spoiler tags for NIN being in Twin Peaks is like posting spoiler tags for Iron Man being in the new Spider-Man movie.
    But the spoiler tags weren't for "NIN being in Twin Peaks" - that's literally the title of the thread. The spoiler tags were hiding a band member's name. I assumed he was going to be in the touring band as well, so I spoiler tagged it because some people like being surprised by that kinda stuff.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So, we've now had encore appearances by Au Revoir Simone and Chromatics. There are six episodes left, and Eddie Vedder and Lissie still have yet to appear. Theoretically, that leaves at least four episodes with either no musical performance or an encore performance. What are the chances TNIN take the stage again? What songs would make sense in the dark, leather daddy, Roadhouse, She's Gone Away aesthetic? Keep in mind Add Violence didn't exist yet at the time of filming. Reptile? Parasite? Burning Bright?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The Idea of You would have made a lot of sense in reference to Shaggy from Scooby-Do's SCUBA diving character.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    What are the chances TNIN take the stage again? What songs would make sense in the dark, leather daddy, Roadhouse, She's Gone Away aesthetic? Keep in mind Add Violence didn't exist yet at the time of filming. Reptile? Parasite? Burning Bright?
    Just She's Gone Away again, but with everyone in the band pretending to be someone else. TR noodling on synths, Ally on lead vox, Robin on drums, Mariqueen on guitar, Atticus on backing vox, and what's-his-face on bass. Identical choreography otherwise.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Would love to see The Nine Inch Nails come back to play The Idea of You for the last performance in the final episode when Good Coop presumably Spoiler: wakes up

Maybe I was somebody else
    Just go back to the idea of me..

Interspersed with footage of Dark Coop realizing he's back in the Black Lodge after a quarter century and his season-long menacing pokerface finally gives way to unbridled rage

It gets so lonely in here..

Fade to black, as those three magical words every diehard Peaks fans longs to see at season's end: To be continued..

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Have it been confirmed if Trent sung the song live? It seems pretty obv the music was synched but it def seems like he sung it live

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Have it been confirmed if Trent sung the song live? It seems pretty obv the music was synced but it def seems like he sung it live
    It's not live, it's the album version....but maybe I'm just hearing things, but I think there were a few extra effects added (like reverb and stuff) to make it more 'live' sounding. Beyond that, I don't think anything is different, but just "seeing" it like that really tricks the brain. When I first saw it I was like, "ooooh, Trent's voice sounds extra deep, I'm digging this live version." The next day I felt stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just stumbled on this,, apologies if its old news, haven't seen it mentioned. https://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Mu...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Have it been confirmed if Trent sung the song live? It seems pretty obv the music was synched but it def seems like he sung it live
    Definitely not a new vocal track. Edited, maybe. But it wasn't re-recorded for the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mewsick View Post
    I just stumbled on this,, apologies if its old news, haven't seen it mentioned. https://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Mu...=UTF8&qid=&sr=
    Funny how there are 7 tracks with no title and 7 episodes left. I wonder if they will reveal each track as it is aired?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    Went to dinner with friends, positive consensus about Twin Peaks & NIN. everybody happy that Reznor's dressing like his 'gay heroes of electronic music' and the new songs
    The episode is definitely a key one for the series. 45 minutes of revelation after 15 minutes of plot. Reminded me a lot of Terrance Malick's Tree of Life. And yeah with the leather jacket, aviator sunglasses and black leather gloves (seamless and maybe lamb skin) and 3 day stuble, Trent definitely has that Tom of Finland look to him.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd553 View Post
    The episode is definitely a key one for the series. 45 minutes of revelation after 15 minutes of plot. Reminded me a lot of Terrance Malick's Tree of Life. And yeah with the leather jacket, aviator sunglasses and black leather gloves (seamless and maybe lamb skin) and 3 day stuble, Trent definitely has that Tom of Finland look to him.
    i highly doubt trent is wearing lambskin or even real leather, being a vegetarian and a supporter of animal rights activism.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i highly doubt trent is wearing lambskin or even real leather, being a vegetarian and a supporter of animal rights activism.
    He's vegetarian? That's news to me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    It's not live, it's the album version....but maybe I'm just hearing things, but I think there were a few extra effects added (like reverb and stuff) to make it more 'live' sounding. Beyond that, I don't think anything is different, but just "seeing" it like that really tricks the brain. When I first saw it I was like, "ooooh, Trent's voice sounds extra deep, I'm digging this live version." The next day I felt stupid.
    The next day?! I went through all sorts of hoops to watch that; streaming on my phone through someone else's showtime account thrown up to the apple TV only to find as soon as Keith Richards started hitting the drums that TR/DL went all Ashley Simpson on us.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Dean Hurley talks about NIN's involvement
    https://soundcloud.com/kexp/dean-hur...ine-inch-nails

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp011101.htm
    It seems as though meathead predicted the future once again

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarktrent View Post
    http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp011101.htm
    It seems as though meathead predicted the future once again
    Holy shit, I just remembered:

Because of this article, way, way, back, I burned a CD-R of B-sides and soundtrack stuff and called it "THE NINE INCH NAILS - LOL"

I've gotta try and find it and see what was on it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The clothing brand Mishka did a tour shirt for The Nine Inch Nails

https://shop.mishkanyc.com/item/53832