Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, in line right now for Phoenix. Got here at about 7:30 and was pleasantly surprised that the line wasn't too horrible yet. I am about 500th in line (someone actually walked around and counted).Hoping I can still snag a floor ticket for one of the nights. Either way I'm going both nights. I am VERY lucky that I only live 20 minutes from the venue. I feel bad for all the people having to travel or the people that can't go.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thanat0s View Post
    lol the Hollywood line wraps around the venue twice. Fuck.
    doesn't look that bad now at 930 but this internal queue is insane. I was hoping to be able to get home by noon but I'm not so sure anymore.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Grabbed a pretty cool event poster ($30). #39/625

I also grabbed an Add Violence slipmat for $10.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    So this means there won’t be gigs in other cities. This Litho is unique

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been home for about an hour or so now after being up since 3:30 a.m...I'm surprised people really took the "No lineups before X am" seriously. I got to DC's venue at 4:30 am and was 12th in line....so glad I did, no one cared nor enforced the rule, and the woman setting up inside the lobby even let us in to use the bathroom! So I got to walk inside the venue, in the performance area and eyeball where I wanted to get my seats at the anthem...I was THRILLED. It made it so worth it that I got what I wanted after seeing what it looked like in person (newish venue). By 8 am the line was like 500 deep...in the cold rain. As soon as I got my tickets a scalper approached me!!! Then I got pulled into an interview for local tv asking about the ticket sale experience. Took me back to days when we would line up hours before the show just to get prime real estate on the bar in GA. So I didn't mind too much (brought a chair, umbrella, and snacks). Hope everyone lucked out!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I want that poster so bad. Damn.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    They just booted a scalper from the front of the line in Phoenix. The crowd roared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    They just booted a scalper from the front of the line in Phoenix. The crowd roared.
    Hah, fucking nice

So jealous and upset there are not shows in Washington or Oregon

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Line in LA is crazy

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    But it already has worked.

There will be lines of diehards tomorrow and there is a buzz around NIN.

A vocal minority is upset. Well that’s okay, there may be an online sale.
    DING DING DING. This week, multiple people at work asked me about this without me even saying anything. They knew about standing in line and everything. Like people who don't even know about or follow NIN know about this pre-sale.

It worked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So I am babysitting and live in WI and got fucked over by this physical sale. I see some tickets online for $300 is that what they are in person or are those scalpers?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    So I am babysitting and live in WI and got fucked over by this physical sale. I see some tickets online for $300 is that what they are in person or are those scalpers?
    $250 is the highest face value ticket.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post

If they go on sale on June or latter as that event was May 2018 for those citys.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arrafay View Post
    I'm surprised people really took the "No lineups before X am" seriously.
    Same. We always line up super early for GA entry at concerts even when the venue says people can't (sometimes it's sort of a moving line in the area). Also, last time I camped out for tickets (not GA entry) was in 1989 for a Metallica show at Poplar Creek. People were there the evening before. So, my husband was in line maybe 5:30ish yesterday (1st in line, ended up with front row seats). It was super great finding out that best seats available really meant best seats available (no reserves for whoever).

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It worked if buzz was the focus, but if trying to prevent scalping was a goal, it totally failed. If you were lucky enough to live in the right city and have the abilty to set aside your time for this, cool, I’m sure it was fun, but don’t act like it’s a perfect way of doing things that didn’t screw a lot of fans over and led to brokers being able to clean house. Someone I know who is moving to LA and will be there for those shows won’t be able to go because they had no ability to go from FL where they currently live to there for this weekend. If they’d done the old nin dot com presale they’d have tickets in their name waiting for when the shows actually come around. Having entire ticket inventories for dates available for what’s called a presale isn’t exactly a presale, it’s just a sale.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Looks like they added a third show in Chicago. This feel so improvised.
    It would have been nice to know they were adding a weekend (Saturday) show. You know, for those with families and schedules.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post

Well, the poster does say "in the physical world" so these could just be the "big" markets that they wanted to test this ticket selling method at. Smaller markets could still be announced/squeezed in at a later date via the more traditional way of selling tickets via the internet.

I'm mainly just trying to remain hopeful for Canadian dates getting announced for November since there is a huge gap between Chicago and new Orleans.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-19-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I got pit tickets for both nights in Phoenix. Woooooooo!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I'm mainly just trying to remain hopeful for Canadian dates getting announced for November since there is a huge gap between Chicago and new Orleans.
    Same here. They could do a nice little Canadian leg during that gap. I'll check with my contact at Evenko see if I can get them to spill the beans.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As a Seattlite I'd be all over a Vancouver BC date. Any excuse to drive up to that beautiful city.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    It would have been nice to know they were adding a weekend (Saturday) show. You know, for those with families and schedules.
    Yeah, the new show additions doesn’t even affect me personally, and while I want to believe there’s a good reason behind it, as it stands I have to say that that’s total fucking bullshit. A friend of mine even called that ahead of time, when the original dates launched, and I said “Nah. No way.” Of course it’s good for some people (like those already in line for tickets for what was known to be the only show date in that city), or maybe most people, but especially with the way ticketing is set up - some can’t necessarily plan for that in such short notice.
    Last edited by Amaro; 05-19-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The only chance of more dates would be fests. Trent was pretty explicit in that interview about this being a limited tour.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It worked if buzz was the focus, but if trying to prevent scalping was a goal, it totally failed. If you were lucky enough to live in the right city and have the abilty to set aside your time for this, cool, I’m sure it was fun.
    i don't know if I'd call this fun exactly

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumnayar View Post
    Hah, fucking nice

So jealous and upset there are not shows in Washington or Oregon
    All my favorite bands seem to love skipping Oregon....which fucking pisses me off. What did Portland ever do to you?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    The only chance of more dates would be fests. Trent was pretty explicit in that interview about this being a limited tour.
    They added a 2nd date for Wash DC

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Got to the Wang in Boston at about 6:45 this morning. Was #98 in line. Walked out five hours later with third row tickets for both nights. At the rate they're selling tickets, I don't see how they're possibly going to serve everyone though. The line is insanely long.

Sadly the most memorable part of today will not be the long wait in line or the exhilaration of getting tickets. The thing I will remember most about today was watching the homeless man standing five feet from me on the subway ride back to my car smear shit all over the place. I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    You know... I had a great fucking time. It was raining, and windy, and SO COLD, and I couldn't feel my feet. But I hung out for 12 hours with some super nice guys. Everyone took care of one another - we laughed, complained, played games, and had fun. It might sound cheesy as fuck, but sometimes making these connections is half the fun for me. Now I'm gonna link back up with these guys for a drink before the show. And having more friends who "get" all of this is never a bad thing, because not many people do.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    Grabbed a pretty cool event poster ($30). #39/625

I also grabbed an Add Violence slipmat for $10.
    I got 401 in Chicago. Btw... Later I heard their was a litho for pre-ordering the Bad Witch vinyl.... Anyone have info on that? Pic?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I totally get why a lot of people hated this whole process (travel/out-of-state folks, inconvenience, time, scalpers, bad weather, line fiascos, etc), but I had a blast (but I also got what I wanted, so easy for me to say). I chatted for hours with my line-mates. The woman in front of me is a school teacher. So is my wife. She took her daughter to the Taylor Swift concert a couple of weeks ago as a Christmas present. I did the same for my wife. She's been to a bunch of NIN shows over the years, and has traveled out of state to see them. Me too. She's going to the Thursday and Friday shows next month in Vegas. I'm going to the Saturday show in Vegas. I told her about ETS, and she pulled it up on her phone - so hopefully she'll sign up. If she does and she's reading this: it was a pleasure meeting you and your son. Maybe we'll bump into each other at the Hard Rock (I'm driving up Friday afternoon).

The guy in front of her in line was super cool too, as was the guy behind me in line. I love meeting and getting to know new people, and I couldn't have asked for a more fun group of strangers to hang around with for 4.5 hours.

I had fun today.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    I got 401 in Chicago. Btw... Later I heard their was a litho for pre-ordering the Bad Witch vinyl.... Anyone have info on that? Pic?
    It was just a flat of the album artwork. No biggie, really.