Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The Apple Thread

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    If they "revamp" it to the point where I need to access it via iTunes, I'm out.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I've reached my breaking point with Apple Music. This is the worst music app I've ever come across. When it first launched I could only get a song to actually load and play about half of the time. But now, I haven't gotten the app to load a song in a solid week and a half. Instead, when you open the app now, my phone massively overheats and it just sits on the song page for whatever you're trying to play and just stays at 0:00 and never ever loads. At that point the app locks up and refuses to exit. So once you open the app, the only way to close out of it is to restart the phone.

What a crock of shit. I'm running this shit on a brand new 5S. This is inexcusably bad, and I haven't been able to get a single apple employee to admit that it's a shitty streaming service.

Anyone else having this problem?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I've reached my breaking point with Apple Music. This is the worst music app I've ever come across. When it first launched I could only get a song to actually load and play about half of the time. But now, I haven't gotten the app to load a song in a solid week and a half. Instead, when you open the app now, my phone massively overheats and it just sits on the song page for whatever you're trying to play and just stays at 0:00 and never ever loads. At that point the app locks up and refuses to exit. So once you open the app, the only way to close out of it is to restart the phone.

What a crock of shit. I'm running this shit on a brand new 5S. This is inexcusably bad, and I haven't been able to get a single apple employee to admit that it's a shitty streaming service.

Anyone else having this problem?
    I'll have to restart my phone to get it to play music about once a week, it's certainly not as stable as beats music was but I'm keeping it because of siri integration.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    My Apple Music experience got AWFUL last week, to the point where I wanted to throw my phone against a wall every time I used it. As a last resort (there were other bugs too) I wiped my phone and tried the iOS 9 beta. No problems anymore, been working beautifully. *fingers crossed*

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    My trial is almost over. I upgraded and clean installed windows 10 but I do not want to reinstall iTunes. Can I cancel my subscription through the website?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I'll have to restart my phone to get it to play music about once a week, it's certainly not as stable as beats music was but I'm keeping it because of siri integration.
    Siri integration doesn't even work for me anymore. I can say like "Siri, play 'Straight Outta Compton' by NWA" and then my phone will just sit there and never do anything. It's so frustrating. I'm with @howdidislipinto, it makes me want to throw my phone against the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    My trial is almost over. I upgraded and clean installed windows 10 but I do not want to reinstall iTunes. Can I cancel my subscription through the website?
    Yeah you just have to switch the automatic renewal off under your account settings in iTunes.
    Last edited by richardp; 08-30-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rejoined the iPhone cult today. Had a Windows phone for a year and a half and let me tell you, I'm happy to be back.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    From 5S to 6S...I feel good, yeah.

64 giiiiiiiiiggity.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I guess my mac updated and stuck a "Start Dictation" in the edit menu of my copy of Word 2011, right under "undo" and in the place of "redo" which it removed.

Can anyone tell me how to get this back to how it was? I don't want "Start Dictation" at all and I want "redo" right back under "undo" where it belongs. I have looked online and all I see is a bunch of people talking about code to get rid of this problem.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I guess my mac updated and stuck a "Start Dictation" in the edit menu of my copy of Word 2011, right under "undo" and in the place of "redo" which it removed.

Can anyone tell me how to get this back to how it was? I don't want "Start Dictation" at all and I want "redo" right back under "undo" where it belongs. I have looked online and all I see is a bunch of people talking about code to get rid of this problem.
    Okay, that wouldn't be a Mac update, that would be a Word update. Use the Toolbar like everybody else.

Left is undo, right is redo.

Also, try command-y

(command-z is undo, command-y is redo)

It looks like they are now calling redo "Repeat New" in the Edit dropdown menu.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-22-2015 at 09:14 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Would anyone know how much it would cost to replace the fan rotor on a 2012 Retina MBP? I think mine has gone bad now because I can hear some crackling sound and it's not an audio thing.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I can't find an Apple Music thread, so wanted to ask whether anyone had kept on with paid membership? Any thoughts? I cancelled after the trial but Spotify is really annoying me.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I can't find an Apple Music thread, so wanted to ask whether anyone had kept on with paid membership? Any thoughts? I cancelled after the trial but Spotify is really annoying me.
    I've had it since it started. It works for me, I have little annoyances here and there but nothing major. Siri integration is what's kept me with it. I went from spotify to beats to Apple music.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    i love all things apple. well most things apple. but i hate apple music. its a pile of shit. Spotify kept me happier.

that being said. i know apple will fix apple music at some point. and hone it so that the UI is way better than it is now. but for now its a giant pain in the ass to navigate.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So over the past couple of weeks, Amazon.com has just flat out quit working on my macbook, and I cannot figure out for the life of me why that is. It's literally the only site that won't work. It just sits there and tries to load forever and never actually gets to the front page. At first I thought it was a browser issue, but it just genuinely won't ever load on any browser on my macbook. I'm so fucking confused. Does anyone have an idea of why it's doing this and how to fix it?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    So over the past couple of weeks, Amazon.com has just flat out quit working on my macbook, and I cannot figure out for the life of me why that is. It's literally the only site that won't work. It just sits there and tries to load forever and never actually gets to the front page. At first I thought it was a browser issue, but it just genuinely won't ever load on any browser on my macbook. I'm so fucking confused. Does anyone have an idea of why it's doing this and how to fix it?
    I had the same problem on my iMac, was driving me NUTS, I assumed it was Amazon getting slammed by shoppers but then I completely shut down my computer and started it up again and the problem went away so maybe it was some crazy Amazon cache problem, dunno.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I had the same problem on my iMac, was driving me NUTS, I assumed it was Amazon getting slammed by shoppers but then I completely shut down my computer and started it up again and the problem went away so maybe it was some crazy Amazon cache problem, dunno.
    Done that several times and have erased my cache, cookies, history, etc several times as well. I'm honestly at a loss here. Every other website works flawlessly. It's crazy.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Ok so I FINALLY got that shit figured out. A Google Fiber guy came out and switched my box and said that for some unexplained reason, Amazon.com is incompatible with the first generation network boxes for Google Fiber. That makes no sense, but whatever.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Ok so I FINALLY got that shit figured out. A Google Fiber guy came out and switched my box and said that for some unexplained reason, Amazon.com is incompatible with the first generation network boxes for Google Fiber. That makes no sense, but whatever.
    Nothing to do with Apple, but how badass is Google Fiber?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Nothing to do with Apple, but how badass is Google Fiber?
    Aside from the weird ass Amazon thing, it's fantastic. Wifi is better than average, but the real key is to plug directly into the box using a network cable, and then you can download, lets say, a movie that is 2 gigs in like 10 minutes. Uploading that way is even faster. Also, their customer service is absolutely top fucking notch. Forget all the bullshit you've ever had to deal with with Comcast or Time Warner, Google has hands down the most understanding and pleasant customer service I've EVER dealt with from a cable company.

So basically, yeah, it's really badass.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    That's awesome! Can't wait till it's available in my area. They are testing now :/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    using my old, outdated, backup laptop because for a couple weeks, my normal laptop had been dropping its wireless capability (literally, i would be in the middle of doing something, or sometimes when waking it from sleep, the wifi would turn itself off and not let me turn it back on). restarting the computer would fix the issue until it happened again, until last night. when i restarted it and instead of not letting me turn the wifi on, it had a new icon that, when i clicked on it, displayed the message "no wifi hardware installed."

the bad news is they're replacing the card and connector cable that supplies the laptop with wifi and bluetooth.
    the good news is my apple care extended protection plan (3 years) still had 53 days on it, so this happened in the nick of time, and i don't have to pay for it.
    the bad news is that they don't have the part(s) at the store, so i will be without my main computer (which i use for work almost every day) for 3-5 days.

:: grumble ::

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    my mac is so slow these days
    all day I'm looking at this:

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    That sucks! I just bought a new macbook air, and I love it. My macbook from '08 still works fine, it's just as you put it, slow.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Got a MacBookAir a few months ago and now my old '09 MacBook is our drum machine and recording computer. It takes its time but works fine. Way faster than the '12 Windows laptop my wife owns :P
    Last edited by reznovka; 03-24-2016 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Apple Photos is the worst

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apple Music and iTunes stealing and deleting your music without your permission... even your original music if you're a musician/producer like myself. Fine print references this and protects Apple from damages and lost content.

https://blog.vellumatlanta.com/2016/...-no-seriously/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Follow-up article. It's not AS bad as we thought. There's definitely user error involved.

http://www.imore.com/no-apple-music-...ss-you-tell-it

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    What part of "Block pop-up windows" does Safari not understand?