Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burninglard View Post
    Not trying to sound preachy or anything, just my 2 cents. Go and enjoy life
    No worries! My Mother recently went on dialysis so I understand that life can be a challenge at times, it's our hobbies that help us get through the tough times ... and sometimes even our own hobbies give us stress and tension.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    No worries! My Mother recently went on dialysis so I understand that life can be a challenge at times, it's our hobbies that help us get through the tough times ... and sometimes even our own hobbies give us stress and tension.
    True Also remember Trent will tour again too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Thing that makes me mad is the last time they played Buffalo was Fragility, which was a few months before I got into NIN. I've gone to Ohio, PA, NJ, DC and 5 shows in Canada. Never NY.
    Nah yeah it's a huge bummer for sure- I've mostly lived around the Buffalo region but the only NIN shows I've been to were in Kansas City, MO and Toronto. And yeah now shooting for Boston instead of NYC just because I'm more confident about driving in the Boston area weeeeeeee...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Well none of it is legit yet since no one has tickets to sell, these people are speculating on being able to get tickets and are throwing sky high prices out there for suckers.
    I'd be nervous handing over money to a stranger like that to buy tickets.
    Last edited by sinspots; 05-11-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's pretty obvious to me that not all dates have been announced. It's a North America tour with only US dates provided so far. I'm sure a Toronto date will be announced. I just hope when they have the tickets go on sale for that, it's also on a weekend. I will take a vacation day if it's during Mon-Fri to line up if I really need to though haha.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    It's pretty obvious to me that not all dates have been announced. It's a North America tour with only US dates provided so far. I'm sure a Toronto date will be announced. I just hope when they have the tickets go on sale for that, it's also on a weekend. I will take a vacation day if it's during Mon-Fri to line up if I really need to though haha.
    You are most likely correct. There are huge gaps in the tour schedule that aren’t all going to be filled up with festivals.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Considering Trent's desire to have more downtime from touring, I wouldn't be surprised if there actually are some moderate gaps during legs from now on. Since this is with JAMC that might affect it, but I don't think it's crazy to imagine him wanting to have a week or two off here and there to be able to cool down a bit, spend some time with his family and maybe work on other stuff.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Hey guys. If you're going to the shows and you're on last.fm, please add yourselves to the events! https://www.last.fm/music/Nine+Inch+Nails/+events
    Some of those are real lonely up there.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Considering Trent's desire to have more downtime from touring, I wouldn't be surprised if there actually are some moderate gaps during legs from now on. Since this is with JAMC that might affect it, but I don't think it's crazy to imagine him wanting to have a week or two off here and there to be able to cool down a bit, spend some time with his family and maybe work on other stuff.
    Yeah ... that's why I'm not playing around with any of these dates. If they happen to announce something in my hometown, great! More chances to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Hey guys. If you're going to the shows and you're on last.fm, please add yourselves to the events! https://www.last.fm/music/Nine+Inch+Nails/+events
    Some of those are real lonely up there.
    Haha! I added the Memphis one yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a question? I plan on going to both of the Irving, Tx dates and I was wondering if tickets would be sold individually for each date or will there be a 2 dates for one sale? The highest price I saw on the venue site is $135 for one ticket and that is without taxes and service fees.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motionlessZombie View Post
    I have a question? I plan on going to both of the Irving, Tx dates and I was wondering if tickets would be sold individually for each date or will there be a 2 dates for one sale? The highest price I saw on the venue site is $135 for one ticket and that is without taxes and service fees.
    All shows at that venue will be available for purchase at the same time during the presale. There's a limit of 4 tickets per person, per show. So, for example, at the Irving Pavilion pre-sale, you could purchase up to 8 tickets, 4 for each date, when you get to the box office window.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If anyone wants to join me at Irving, TX for the lineup feel free to DM me. I'll be going alone so any other loner out there who has a lot of free time and wants to join forces let me know me lol
    Last edited by streetman; 05-11-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I will be lining up for the Phoenix leg of the tour. Despite the money I paid out to see them in Vegas this year, I'm pretty excited that the tour starts in my backyard.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJWilde View Post
    I will be lining up for the Phoenix leg of the tour. Despite the money I paid out to see them in Vegas this year, I'm pretty excited that the tour starts in my backyard.
    Same here man. The Texas shows are literally across the street from me lol So stoked!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wondering how strict this 8AM line up rule will be. I’m gonna be pretty pissed if all the fans show up at 8 only to see a line of scalpers waiting there since 6AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Wondering how strict this 8AM line up rule will be. I’m gonna be pretty pissed if all the fans show up at 8 only to see a line of scalpers waiting there since 6AM.
    I'm wondering how they even enforce that. Some of these venues are on public streets, so what's to stop someone from waiting at 4 in the morning and then getting in whatever "line" is formed at 8am.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    There are people who have access to tickets at certain venues. True, they might not have the tickets in hand quite yet but sites like StubHub don’t require the tickets to be mailed out right after the transaction either.

I’d be surprised if anyone is dumb enough to buy tickets right now (ok, maybe not that surprised). Also StubHub has a good rep for taking care of customers buying their tickets. I’m sure there are stories out there, but in my experience and those who I know of I’ve yet to hear anyone getting ripped off.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    There are people who have access to tickets at certain venues. True, they might not have the tickets in hand quite yet but sites like StubHub don’t require the tickets to be mailed out right after the transaction either.

I’d be surprised if anyone is dumb enough to buy tickets right now (ok, maybe not that surprised). Also StubHub has a good rep for taking care of customers buying their tickets. I’m sure there are stories out there, but in my experience and those who I know of I’ve yet to hear anyone getting ripped off.
    I'll be honest, I bought my Made In America ticket from StubHub (since I only wanted the one day) and had zero problems. Not going to say you CAN'T get screwed, though.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    It will be interesting to see what the reserved ticket inventory will be on stubhub & other reseller sites after TPW presale event.

I don't know how big a draw NIN is for ticket brokers compared to other tours this Fall, but I don't see any precautions being taken so they don't get the best reserved seats available.

For example, Slimy Ticket Broker has 4 employees in Atlanta & they all happen to be #1-4 in the box office queue. They can purchase the ENTIRE FRONT ROW for BOTH NIGHTS at The Fox Theater for $175 (+fees) a seat. You can bet your ass they will put those freshly purchased tickets on their Slimy Ticket Broker website at $500+ a ticket.

I certainly am not advocating for a ticket lottery or something where you could still get fucked over even if you're first in the queue, but it would be nice to have something in place so that fans get first crack at the best reserved seats instead of brokers.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I'm wondering how they even enforce that. Some of these venues are on public streets, so what's to stop someone from waiting at 4 in the morning and then getting in whatever "line" is formed at 8am.
    Didnt even think of that. Jesus this could end up really sucking balls.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Well Trent did say this could likely end up sucking but in a different way. The thing is a lot of people want to make a quick buck so actual fans could buy 2 tickets for themselves and then sell the other 2 on reseller sites, you don't have to be a professional business to do this

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Well Trent did say this could likely end up sucking but in a different way. The thing is a lot of people want to make a quick buck so actual fans could buy 2 tickets for themselves and then sell the other 2 on reseller sites, you don't have to be a professional business to do this
    Well, hopefully the fans will know better and not do that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Well, hopefully the fans will know better and not do that.
    thats putting a lot of faith in people, anyway if people do do this perhaps there will be cheaper tickets available nearer the time as the market corrects itself to what people are prepared to pay.? Anyway hopefully Trent will be true to his word and do shorter tours yearly (Gary Numan does this, short tours but every year) or at least more often than he used to. I think he’s one of those people who were born to perform and I can’t picture him ever stopping if he’s physically capable

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    In a way, I'm kind of glad I don't have a show in my city so I don't have to deal with this mess about getting up early and going to stand in a line at 8am (or earlier), balls to that. I always hated the "standing in line game" to get things. In 2006 I stood overnight in a line at Best Buy to get a Nintendo wii. I'm so glad the world has progressed to online ordering and stuff. Can set your alarm 5 mins before the sale, roll out of bed, buy the tickets and go back to bed.

I get what Trent is going for here, get off the internet, go out, interact with fellow fans, make friends etc... It is VERY hard to do that in this day and age. Nobody wants to be talked to when out and about. Everyone is staring into a phone on the bus/train/shopping mall/walking down the street.

Anyone else think that these are just the city's that were eligible/willing to take part in the "physical world" sale, and another group of "lesser known/smaller city's/markets" will be announced to fill some of the gaps in between and those city's will be the regular online sales? I know it seems like a bit of a dick move, to announce part of the tour at a time, make people bus/drive/fly out to these cities to go stand in a line and buy tickets just to announce other dates later.

I just feel the absence of ANY Canadian dates is suspicious. If Toronto was thrown in there, I wouldn't be saying this, but the fact it is missing from the list leaves me hopeful that the Canadian dates are being held back for whatever reason and they will be thrown in there right after Chicago at the end of October and before New Orleans at the end of November. I can see them heading up North to Toronto from Chicago and maybe going west, hitting up Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver the first couple weeks of November. Maybe they didn't want to include the Canadian dates as part of this "physical world" thing they are trying out.

I just wish he wouldn't hold tour dates back if there are other dates yet to be released. I made my plans around the European dates and then Vegas got announced and I would have much rather just went to to Vegas shows. I'm worried this is going to happen again. Try and make plans to get to these LA shows, and then some Canadian dates get announced in November.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I anticipate scalpers. However, not to the extent of if tickets were on sale online. In other words, it's easier for one scalper/bot to pick up 20 tickets at a time online. In person, each individual is only allowed 4. It would require a lot more manpower for scalpers to snatch up a ton of tickets on this tour.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    A little bitter part of me thinks, well, yeah, it's just great to get everyone doing things in the physical world. As long as they live somewhere hip. Sure. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I found the ETS for ticket brokers:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can’t drive from Philadelphia to NYC next Saturday due to my kids’ baseball games and my sister in law’s baby shower.

Any chance someone lining up in NYC wants to grab me a pair?

I will make it worth your while.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Anybody in Irving TX who has Friday night/Saturday morning free to help me initiate my master plan to defeat the scalpers, DM me! We will WIN! lol