Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2023

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So the NIN shirt from Captain Marvel is in the Marvels trailer as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    I listened to a snippet on iTunes and they censored the curse words. Is the version released uncensored?
    The one on streaming and digital is censored because it comes from a previous release that was censored. The two versions that weren't released that are part of the 2004 live shows are only available in the box set on the DVDs and are uncensored.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leftshoe18 View Post
    Linkin Park's 20th Anniversary edition of Meteora came out today and in the box set are two new versions of their cover of Wish as part of the two live shows from 2004 included in the set.
    Which live shows have the cover of Wish?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I stumbled across this. It kicks so much ass! Sorry if it's been seen/heard. Figured I'd share just in case. It's been on repeat for an hour

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I mean, I've never seen this, so I think it's cool that you shared it. <3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The Spyro soundtrack was pretty badass on it's own as well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post

The Spyro soundtrack was pretty badass on it's own as well
    This is completely absurd and I love it.

The two things I was completely obsessed with in elementary school: Spyro the Dragon and Pretty Hate Machine. (Well, those and hillbilly impressions. Thank god I grew out of that one. Classism ain't cool, folks.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    BlackerThreeTrackerTwo by Curve, which includes Trent's Screaming Bird remix is being re-issued on vinyl - one of the stores selling it:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Which live shows have the cover of Wish?
    Both of the 2004 shows

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I guess this is more of a TR spotting, but he contributed to the liner notes on the new Record Store Day colour vinyl edition of Todd Rundgren's album A Wizard, A True Star.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Bwahahaha! I was expecting it to sound like the beginning of Eraser, but that was even better.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Bwahahaha! I was expecting it to sound like the beginning of Eraser, but that was even better.
    I was expecting the screaming part on The Downward Spiral lol

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My two favorite drag queens, Trixie Mattel and Katya Zamolodchikova, briefly thirst after Trent Reznor in their latest episode of their show UNHhhh. The episode, "Phones... again", is still exclusive to WOWpresents+ but it will make its way to YouTube eventually and I'll update this post. Until then, I'll share this photo of a screen (drm prevented any screenshots) in lieu of linking to the episode.

*Edited to include the episode now available on YouTube.

Last edited by p_rez17; 06-01-2023 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Closer is #57 in RS' Top 100 Music Videos. I only bothered to click through because I could tell it was TR in the lead banner image:
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-music-videos-1194411/

It might be the only one without a working play button, or even a screencap from the actual video.

P.S. #2 may surprise you...
    Last edited by Paul; 04-29-2023 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Seems that this is a new upload of a fix (of sorts) to some previous footage. Here's the description:
    This video footage of NIN from the Summer of 1990 playing a show in Washington DC is not new. However, for the most part the audio was lost and has been posted as a mostly silent movie essentially. The audio from that show is lost from what I understand. I felt all of the footage was exceptional so to that end I added concert audio to provide a more enjoyable experience and let everyone enjoy all of the footage. The I used a little bit of editing magic and have restored some audio hopefully in a convincing way using a couple other shows from that tour. I also upscaled the video a bit. Please enjoy.

<span style="caret-color: rgb(241, 241, 241); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1);">

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Oh, nice! I had the same idea about that video, just never the time for doing it.
    BTW the original audio in that video is not entirely missing, it's just damaged. If you crank the volume way way way up, you can actually hear some traces of it. Maybe someone can take a shot at recovering it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info. Perhaps I will go snag the originally uploaded file link from the the live archive and look more closely at the damaged audio. (I just downloaded the video from Youtube to play with) Hello, by the way. I'm the person who did this video edit / replaced audio / AI enhanced and upscaled the video in the link.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigbert View Post
    Thanks for the info. Perhaps I will go snag the originally uploaded file link from the the live archive and look more closely at the damaged audio. (I just downloaded the video from Youtube to play with) Hello, by the way. I'm the person who did this video edit / replaced audio / AI enhanced and upscaled the video in the link.
    awesome, thank you for your hard work and welcome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So on Tony Hawk's recent podcast at 19:33, Tony mentions Trent and Atticus are working on Seth Rogen's TMNT film and Trent has a cameo in a project that Tony is involved with

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobCoz98 View Post
    Tony mentions Trent and Atticus are working on Seth Rogen's TMNT film
    I was already interested in seeing the film...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Huh. A TMNT theme song covered by TR/AR is bingo wild card for my childhood. They doing that, won't they?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    You mean Teenage Mutant NINja Turtles?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    awesome, thank you for your hard work and welcome!
    Actually, Thank you. I was pretty much resigned to having put a little bit of work into that, posting it and thinking it would not get seen by any NIN fans. You changed that. I am grateful it is getting seen by some people who might enjoy it. Thank you again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobCoz98 View Post
    So on Tony Hawk's recent podcast at 19:33, Tony mentions Trent and Atticus are working on Seth Rogen's TMNT film and Trent has a cameo in a project that Tony is involved with
    "Cowabunga!" ~Trent Reznor, probably

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Oh, nice! I had the same idea about that video, just never the time for doing it.
    BTW the original audio in that video is not entirely missing, it's just damaged. If you crank the volume way way way up, you can actually hear some traces of it. Maybe someone can take a shot at recovering it...
    Oh wow. I just checked out that version uploaded on the NIN Live Archive. It is far superior in quality to the version I used AI models to enhance/upscale. I just sent the person who posted it a request for permission to run that version through the three AI video enhancing models I ran the lower quality version through and add in the audio as I had done before. If that is the case, there should be a much much better version coming soon. I am not hearing the faint audio yet, but I have not tried to run it through headphones.... so likely it will be the same deal as I had done before combining audio from 3 shows of the same tour. Thanks

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Obligatory NIN namedrop in se7en honest trailer