Thread: Attending multiple NIN shows in a row

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    I went to both shows at Soma in 2005 and it was totally worth it. My memory is not great but I feel like the shows were similar but not the same, if that makes sense. I'm thinking this fall tour will be similar to the 2005 shows.
    I went to the same two shows on that With Teeth club tour (No LA shows that leg) It's funny how memory works. I had to go cause Trent advertised that we was going to play whatever he wanted to since it was a club show and he wasn't being tied down to performing his usual set list due to production. I didn't regret it. Years later i found "Reflecting In The Chrome" A NIN live archive! So of course i went to see what was played at all the shows i attended just for fun. I've listed the two set lists to the Soma shows just to show what a best case scenario could be like with two back to back shows. (Hopefully Formatting works out):

SOMA Day One / SOMA Day Two
    Pinion / Besides You In Time (Intro)
    Wish / The Frail
    Sin / The Wretched
    The Line Begins To Blur / You Know What You Are
    March Of The Pigs / The Line Begins To Blur
    Something I Can Never Have / March Of The Pigs
    The Hand That Feeds / Piggy
    Terrible Lie / Terrible Lie
    Burn / Burn
    Closer / Closer
    Home / Reptile
    Even Deeper / Big Come Down
    Reptile / Gave Up
    Love Is Not Enough / Dead Souls
    Suck / Suck
    Gave Up / No, You Don't
    The Day The World Went Away / Even Deeper
    Hurt / Wish
    Starfuckers Inc / Hurt
    Head Like A Hole / Hand That Feeds
    / Head Like A Hole

I went only having one ticket in hand - and managed to get the 3 other tickets i needed for myself and gf at the time. It was pricey but i remember being so happy that they played such drastically different set lists. Sure a few of the same songs were played both nights but compared to past tours, this was unprecedented!

I've seen NIN two other back to back times worth mentioning.

I was at both the Vegas shows for the Tension tour. Didn't expect him to go crazy But was fortunate to be there when he did. Look it up. Night one was the typical Greatest Hits set with Hesitation Marks songs. Night two was more of a Hesitation Marks Deep cut night!

I was also at the Wake Up Early Access show in Bakersfield and the FYE festival show in LA. The early access show was longer (Which makes sense) but what was great about these two shows is that they moved enough songs around in the beginning that it was exciting not knowing what was going to come next!

Will this happen this tour? Hopefully ... but probably not, so don't get your hopes up. Best case scenario, they will swap out a few songs here and there so enjoy as it much as possible.
    Last edited by Damage; 06-07-2018 at 03:55 AM.