Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Personally, I think he's a great fit for the franchise. I wouldn't be bothered one bit if he'd taken the helm as director, really. He's got a LOCK on the "awesome, dude!" teenage market
    But aren't you a little too old to be part of the "awesome dude!" teenage market? Does that really appeal to you?

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see a super-serious, blood & guts, violent-as-fuck, hard-R, black-and-white, live-action TMNT film more in line with the original comics than the cartoon
    Ok, someone needs to clear this up for me. I remember hearing when I was a kid that the original comics were actually really gritty, dark, and violent, so I checked one of them out. Maybe it was because at the time I was really into violent comics, but this stuff was PG at best. Can someone please link me to a strip or even a panel that demonstrates how violent this comic book was? It seems like people are exaggerating it by comparison to the cartoon.

But still, you're not going to get that gritty movie... you're going to get a Hollywood action movie aimed at children twelve years old and younger. I don't understand the appeal. Is it nostalgia?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Ok, someone needs to clear this up for me. I remember hearing when I was a kid that the original comics were actually really gritty, dark, and violent, so I checked one of them out. Maybe it was because at the time I was really into violent comics, but this stuff was PG at best. Can someone please link me to a strip or even a panel that demonstrates how violent this comic book was?
    From what I've read, and it isn't anywhere near the whole of the comics, the "really gritty, dark, and violent" description seems rather exaggerated. The most "adult" (mini) series I've seen would definitely be Bodycount (#1-4), originally published by Image and later re-released by Heavy Metal. You shouldn't have any trouble finding them in full in the usual places (assuming you're interested).