Page 95 of 135 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Feldman did a 40 minute instagram video crying the entire time and Manson was apparently watching and making fun of him. This is too good

Is this supposed to be funny? Fuck Marilyn Manson.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the funny thing is Feldman's weird TODAY! appearance was cooler and more rehearsed than most of these clips I've seen from MM for years. Yeah, it was ridiculous and hilarious, but...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

been waiting a long time to use this gif for something (since it got thrown at me many, many times by a "friend" who disagreed with my sensitivity on certain topics)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

been waiting a long time to use this gif for something (since it got thrown at me many, many times by a "friend" who disagreed with my sensitivity on certain topics)
    Yeah, I'm not expecting a masterpiece, but hopefully a solid album.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    haha yeah. I'm sure it's Americ's nightmare. Right, Manson?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    haha yeah. I'm sure it's Americ's nightmare. Right, Manson?
    Imagine being so irrelevant you cant offend anyone in 2020.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Master Piece of Shit, more like it.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Let's maybe wait for MM to take his proverbial dump before flushing the toilet.

Although who am I to talk? Haven't heard anything since TGAOG.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    lol

This is as good as some of you complaining about the production on Deftones’ Gore album..

Everson..Richard P..when are your next masterpieces coming out? Are they going to be recorded in your basement and posted to SoundCloud or whatever again? I can honestly say, what I heard wasn’t exactly anything I would call fantastic either..

Not trying to start a fight, just agreeing with Katara on this one. At least let the guy release the damn thing before you start to urinate all over it like all his other stuff..

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking from MM in 2020, but as long as it's better than Heaven Upside down, I'm just happy get some new music to listen to.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    lol

This is as good as some of you complaining about the production on Deftones’ Gore album..

Everson..Richard P..when are your next masterpieces coming out? Are they going to be recorded in your basement and posted to SoundCloud or whatever again? I can honestly say, what I heard wasn’t exactly anything I would call fantastic either..

Not trying to start a fight, just agreeing with Katara on this one. At least let the guy release the damn thing before you start to urinate all over it like all his other stuff..
    hey, thanks for listening to my music! have a great day!
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 04-29-2020 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I think folks were eye rolling at Manson for referring to his latest work as a masterpiece. I can't speak for others, but I'd be surprised if any of the musicians in this thread would have the audacity to describe their own works in such pompous terms. And of course it isn't a masterpiece - we don't need to listen to it to know at least that much.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I just said you shouldn’t be knocking a guy’s album that isn’t even out yet when other people might not think what you do is particularly great either, that’s all.
    So if I'm not good at making something, I'm not qualified to comment on the quality of someone else's product? Nice logical fallacy you have going there.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    first, fuck you. i work my ass off on my music, it's extremely personal and cathartic for me. if you don't like it, i don't care. but don't insult me by acting like what i do isn't worthwhile just because you don't like it. and the fact that i am able to do what i do, mostly by myself, in my old bedroom at my parents' house is pretty commendable. i don't have nice microphones or a ton of fancy shit, and i still get my stuff to sound pretty fucking good.

secondly, i have released a ridiculous music in the last couple years. i put out an album in march, i have a covers EP coming out this week, and i have a label releasing my next album in may. and i donate all the money i make from my music to charity. i've doneated to center on halsted, RAINN, the trevor project, brave space alliance, and other organizations that help people who need help. the money i make from the covers EP is going to chicago mutual aid.

third, what the hell does any of this have to do with my comment? shooter jennings says the album is a "masterpiece" and i think it's probably an overblown statement. i responded with a funny gif. why do you feel the need to ride in and defend manson? you spend so much time tearing down other people but i'm not allowed to make a fucking joke?

Who do I spend so much time tearing down around here? The Pitchfork media critics? I see a whole lot of tearing down going on, about a wide range of topics, from a certain sector of people on these forums, but that’s their prerogative. I don’t give a fuck, that’s why I don’t engage in it or complain about it. Shit’s just funny to me..

Never said your music wasn’t worthwhile to you, either. I just said you shouldn’t be knocking a guy’s album that isn’t even out yet when other people might not think what you do is particularly great either, that’s all. I commend you for donating all of the profits you might make off of it to charity though, if that’s what you do. Big ups, man!

Just remember that what you deem commendable and what you think sounds pretty good when it comes to your shit might not be the way other people look at it. Same with how you feel about Manson’s stuff..

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    So if I'm not good at making something, I'm not qualified to comment on the quality of someone else's product? Nice logical fallacy you have going there.
    Oh, you most certainly are. Just don’t get all bent out of shape about it when people call out your stuff in the same manner, that’s all. Because no matter how bad you think his albums might be, I guarantee Manson doesn’t give a fuck because he’s laughing all the way to the bank either way..

People will be lining up to listen to this so-called masterpiece Manson is about to unleash, love it or hate it. Other people’s stuff? Probably not so much..

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Once again the Manson thread goes full on dumpster fire
    It’s not a dumpster fire. It was an honest to christ observation I felt like posting. I see tons of “this album blows” or “wow, the production fucking sucks” remarks around ETS all the time, but where is the proof they can do it any better, if they’re such experts on the matter?

There are plenty of albums I think blow ass, but could I do it any better? Hell no, that’s why I’m not a professional musician or studio engineer. Especially when I haven’t even heard the shit yet..

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Insulting someone’s independent music while acting like only people who are good at a medium can criticize it isn’t “an honest to christ observation,” it’s called being an asshole. This thread never fails to be the best thing on ETS.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    Insulting someone’s independent music while acting like only people who are good at a medium can criticize it isn’t “an honest to christ observation,” it’s called being an asshole. This thread never fails to be the best thing on ETS.
    So because I said I didn’t think his music was all that great either, that’s insulting? Even he wasn’t insulted; he specifically said he didn’t care what I thought. Great! Do what you love and live life to the fullest..

Do you think Manson would think you and a bunch of other people in this thread were assholes, constantly dunking on his music and lifestyle? He might. Or, he might understand that he’s the successful professional musician who still has people buying his records and showing up to his shows and not caring one way or the other what a few strangers on the internet think..

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I doubt it'll be a "masterpiece" as well. Come at me.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    In before the 1827373th lock in this threads history haha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't understand why the Manson haters constantly come to this thread to bitch about every next move he makes. I thought this thread was for Manson fans. I don't go into the Nickelback thread ever to bitch about them because I don't like them. As a Manson fan I just hope he still has a couple more good albums in him so I'm looking forward to his next one just in case. I don't think I really liked anybody's last album lately including MM's last 2 albums. But I'll still check out the next ones.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    I don't understand why the Manson haters constantly come to this thread to bitch about every next move he makes. I thought this thread was for Manson fans. I don't go into the Nickelback thread ever to bitch about them because I don't like them. As a Manson fan I just hope he still has a couple more good albums in him so I'm looking forward to his next one just in case. I don't think I really liked anybody's last album lately including MM's last 2 albums. But I'll still check out the next ones.
    The reality is (and everyone knows this), everyone on here bitching and trashing his album before it’s out is STILL going to give it a listen when it comes out. Manson wins haha. Regardless of whether people like it or not, he’s still getting them to listen to it. I get it. People are entitled to their opinions and can judge an artists work, but they’re still interested in the artist enough to listen/watch/read/experience it. The artist always wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not bitching. I'm going by track record. He hasn't done much good for what feels like a really long time now. Could this album be the album that puts in back on track? Maybe. Have I been led to believe many times before that he would get his shit together to make a good album? Yes.

When you're constantly fed disappointment after disappointment, it becomes easy to admit that the glory days are over and the guy's washed up. I'm all for being proven wrong. I've yet to be proven wrong.

I am a fan of his early stuff. It's amazing. He was amazing until he fell off. I do hope he makes a good album. But going by the track record (there's that term again), I'm not very optimistic.

And if you're this bothered by other people's opinions, I'd recommend you to go put your big boy pants on and grow some thick skin. So fuck off with that "not a fan" argument and throwing insults at others because you don't agree with them.
    Last edited by Piko; 04-29-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    A website called Metal Injection reposted Evan Rachel Wood’s abuse testimony (allegedly Marilyn Manson!) and that led me to another Manson ex Esme Blanco providing testimony also at the same hearing (how he gets these women to shag his ugly arse in the first place is beyond me). Come on, two women with similar testimony who were both his ex and people think it wasn’t him?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Great Hazekiah's ghost, what the fuck?!

The album will probably be fine. Nothing less, nothing more. Some people will think it's a work of genius while others will think it's absolute trash. Nothing wrong with either opinion, they're not hurting anything.

Anyone saying you need to be able to do better than someone else to have a valid criticism is ridiculous. I make shitty music too. Go tell me how bad it is to help bump the play count, please.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    A website called Metal Injection reposted Evan Rachel Wood’s abuse testimony (allegedly Marilyn Manson!) and that led me to another Manson ex Esme Blanco providing testimony also at the same hearing (how he gets these women to shag his ugly arse in the first place is beyond me). Come on, two women with similar testimony who were both his ex and people think it wasn’t him?

If it's him, I truly wish they would go public and accuse him. As a lifelong Marilyn Manson fan, I think that's probably the single best thing that could happen to him and get his shit together after now two decades on a sad sad downward spiral.