Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    The NBA is getting stupid... there's a reason why there was a lockout and it's because small market teams can't compete and draw fans. Good to see the NBA is right back at ignoring their product in those markets.
    Last edited by Canuckle; 12-08-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    The NBA is getting stupid... there's a reason why there was a lockout and it's because small market teams can't compete and draw fans. Good to see the NBA is right back at ignoring their product in those markets.
    Now, now - just because a Canadian team will never win an NBA championship doesn't mean you need to hate on the whole league.

And it was just announced that the Gasol/Odom/Paul trade is off.

Sources said that a group of NBA owners, assembled in New York for the ratification of the league’s new labor pact with the players, protested vigorously that the league-owned Hornets were trading Paul to the star-studded Lakers and convinced NBA commissioner David Stern to intervene.
    Last edited by Baphomette; 12-08-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Now, now - just because a Canadian team will never win an NBA championship doesn't mean you need to hate on the whole league.

And it was just announced that the Gasol/Odom/Paul trade is off.
    Now, now - just because I'm Canadian doesn't mean you have to assume I'm secretly angry about the Raptors.

The NBA is 4th on my North American professional sports totem poll; I just dislike seeing leagues hurt fans by trying to resolve a fundamental issue with the game, only to have that solution be window dressing. While I agree that Stern and the owner's don't have the right to veto the trade, I don't mind it.

But what a bad day for the NBA overall. The CP3 trade kibosh, Net's tampering with Howard, Roy retiring...

Good think the NHL is going strong!