Thread: Steven Wilson catch-all thread (Porcupine Tree, No-Man, Blackfield, Bass Communion)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Well, i never attended a "No-Man" show, if that's what you mean; he scheduled a Blackfield date in my hometown a few years ago, but he cancelled because his father's death...

I attended 3 Porcupine Tree Shows FOABP tour and two "Incident" dates) and 3 "solo" shows ("Get all you deserve" concert, "Raven that refused..." tour, "Hand Cannot Erase" tour...)
    No I mean for a split second there I thought about there being NEW Porcupine Tree shows. That was ill-thought, even if brief, I know.

I've seen seven Porcupine Tree shows, one Blackfield and two Steven Wilson shows since 2000. My favorite is still the Fear of a Blank Planet tour. But my last SW show during the Hand Cannot Erase tour was amazing as well.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    No I mean for a split second there I thought about there being NEW Porcupine Tree shows. That was ill-thought, even if brief, I know.
    Oh man... i'm losing faith more and more of that ever happening, it seems he has lost contact with most of the PT guys and he's mega happy with his solo career...

I wasn't trying to start a "pissing contest", BTW ...i'm just saying that watching this guy live is woth every penny...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 11-07-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Oh man... i'm losing faith more and more of that ever happening, it seems he has lost contect with most of the PT guys and he's mega happy wit his solo career...

I wasn't trying to start a "pissing contest", BTW ...i'm just saying that watching this guy live is woth every penny...
    Sorry about the colorful language. I was a good bit lubricated when I posted that a few nights ago.

I have lost all hope there will ever be PT shows. I don't see Barbieri and Wilson getting beyond their issues. It's such a shame.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    I have lost all hope there will ever be PT shows. I don't see Barbieri and Wilson getting beyond their issues. It's such a shame.
    what happened between the two of them?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    what happened between the two of them?
    Nothing beyond speculation and rumors that I would repeat on a forum. It's not worth mentioning other than considering the sincerity of the individuals involved. I just think the best manner is to state there were tensions between both parties over PT's hiatus that evolved into Steven Wilson killing any hopes of a new project. Even from Wilson's own mouth, Porcupine Tree is no more. And why would there be? Steven's solo career has been lucrative. He gets great musicians for his albums. He can pretty much do whatever he wants. I think Steven made some points about being in a "band" that wouldn't cater to his musical ideas that he eventually sought on his own, much to his success obviously. But there won't be Porcipine Tree without Barbieri. Not much need to go into specifics beyond that. Regardless of what that means for the future, unless they wish to work together again, Porcupine Tree is dead.

Edit: A word.
    Last edited by pulse; 11-06-2017 at 06:19 PM.