Thread: Synthlust! (Or, how to make music without your computer)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    so since i last posted in this thread i've been on a gear buying frenzy, obviously not necessarily following @Leviathant 's original mantra of i do not need this. the damage so far:

korg kr55 (so early depeche mode it hurts- used one of these on a frank just frank track last year and love it)
    yamaha rx5 (individual outs- thank god)
    waldorf blofeld desktop synth (will use kawai k4 as midi controller as well as on its own. i bought this primarily to get the samples of an rs09, which costs almost as much as this and can only do the one thing, so this was mostly a logical buy that should open some more synth possibilities without chucking $ away at more space-eating synths)

and i even got the ol' 606 modded with individual outputs by a friend who's good with things like this. i also have my eyes on a roland r8 mkII, so that's probably next when i get a few bucks. somebody help me.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    so since i last posted in this thread i've been on a gear buying frenzy, obviously not necessarily following @Leviathant 's original mantra of i do not need this.
    That mantra failed me the other week... I bought a Marshall JCM800 with a 4x10 cabinet. But it was only $300. I think it was a fair exclusion.