Thread: How fucked was your day?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone every done jury duty? A milti-day trial?

I just finished one and while my day wasn't as fucked as the guy on trial, I feel like shit. I was the "alternate juror" (number 13) so I sat through the trial, got the info, formed a heartfelt opinion, and was dismissed while the "regular 12" jurors decided the verdict without me. Needless to say their decision was the opposite of mine.

Dude got 10yrs in jail right in from of me and I didn't have a chance to say shit. Couldn't voice my doubts to the other jurors. I feel fucking horrible.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butters View Post

I just finished one and while my day wasn't as fucked as the guy on trial, I feel like shit. I was the "alternate juror" (number 13) so I sat through the trial, got the info, formed a heartfelt opinion, and was dismissed while the "regular 12" jurors decided the verdict without me. Needless to say their decision was the opposite of mine.

Dude got 10yrs in jail right in from of me and I didn't have a chance to say shit. Couldn't voice my doubts to the other jurors. I feel fucking horrible.
    Wow. That does suck.

So, getting that "where are you?, how you doing" email from my Dad pales...... fuuuuuuck.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butters View Post

Holy shit, dude. I'm really sorry to hear that. I know it probably won't help, and I'm not trying to invalidate the way you feel, but you have nothing to feel bad about. It was completely out of your control.

I know you know that, but sometimes it helps to hear it from others. Hang in there.