Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    PART DEUX (The Slip) See how inspired Trent is by his marriage/HTDA/soundtracks! (HM)
    I heard trent talk about that in this npr interview

"I've kind of watched with amusement as the press has latched on to "Reznor, now 48, happily married with two kids and an Oscar winner," as if I can be summed up as that now. "He made a song with a major chord in it that we don't understand" -TR

it was pretty funny to me for some reason.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    "I've kind of watched with amusement as the press has latched on to "Reznor, now 48, happily married with two kids and an Oscar winner," as if I can be summed up as that now. "He made a song with a major chord in it that we don't understand" -TR

it was pretty funny to me for some reason.
    And in the first intro paragraph it says, "Today, Reznor's dark days of alcohol and drug abuse are behind him — and he finds himself, at 48, with a wife and two young kids."

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    And in the first intro paragraph it says, "Today, Reznor's dark days of alcohol and drug abuse are behind him — and he finds himself, at 48, with a wife and two young kids."
    i don't know if it's the same interview, but there's a part where the lady plays part of HLAH and says "bow down before the one you serve...you're going to get what you deserve. What did you mean by that?" And she says it all pensively and grandly (idk how to describe it, you'd just have to hear it.)

and trent's like "are you asking me what i was thinking at a particular moment, like, twenty years ago?"

and he gets kind of offended, tells her he doesn't know the answer to that question. it's great.

most nin fans would probably get a kick out of listening to that interview, btw

edit: here's a little controversy. Trent's speaking voice these days gets on my nerves just the tiniest bit.