Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.11.08 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I have my ticket and I'm going. My question is, since I'm going solo and I'll be driving 2 hours, will there be a meet up there? I think that will be kind of cool.
    What type of tickets do you have? Public sale or nin.com pre-sale? Me and 3 of my buddies are going and can always meet new people

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm all set with my nin.com presale floor tickets, but have a couple of friends that weren't so lucky. They've been waiting for stubhub tickets to come down in price, but that doesn't seem to be happening. If anyone has an extra pair of GA's they're willing to part with for a not crazy price, PM me and I'll pass the info along to my buddies. I'm sure they'd be grateful.

***EDIT*** While 2 would be ideal, they'd settle for 1 ticket, as only one of them is really a fan.
    Last edited by thatguymark; 10-23-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I'm flying over across the atlantic for this show, can anyone recommend a place to stay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    JW Marriott, next door.
    Luxe City Center, across the street.
    Hotel Figueroa, nice bars
    Westin Bonaventure, is down the street, has a rotating bar at the top.
    Millenium Biltmore is a few blocks away, very nice

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvetica View Post
    JW Marriott, next door.
    Luxe City Center, across the street.
    Hotel Figueroa, nice bars
    Westin Bonaventure, is down the street, has a rotating bar at the top.
    Millenium Biltmore is a few blocks away, very nice
    Wonderful! Thank you so much

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I have my ticket and I'm going. My question is, since I'm going solo and I'll be driving 2 hours, will there be a meet up there? I think that will be kind of cool.
    There will totally be an opportunity to meet people. Whenever I go to shows solo, I meet folks. Just say hello!
    I'll be in line, toward the front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2013.11.08 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center

I'm at the Ritz Milner which I'm pretty certain is in walking distance. I'm hoping so anyway, I'm only in LA for the night so won't have much time to get my bearings!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowler_hat View Post
    I'm at the Ritz Milner which I'm pretty certain is in walking distance. I'm hoping so anyway, I'm only in LA for the night so won't have much time to get my bearings!
    FYI, the Ritz Milner is anything (and everything) but ritzy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2013.11.08 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center

Oh dear. That's what I feared. Well, it's only one night!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mindviolation View Post
    What type of tickets do you have? Public sale or nin.com pre-sale? Me and 3 of my buddies are going and can always meet new people
    It's been a while since I got my tickets but I think I missed out on the nin.com presale so I got in on the FB presale. I have decent seats (but not a floor seat). I look forward to meeting some new friends. Also, does the band do a M&G afterwards? I'm dying to meet Ilan. I know, I'm such a girl.... lol

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    I'm going to try my best to get L.A. tickets, even though I live much closer to San Francisco (rather avoid a festival show, if I can). I've never attended a show at either Staples Center or The Forum. Just curious, what was so bad about The Forum, as most people seem to dislike it as a concert venue?
    The sound isn't great. NIN however, sounded fantastic there. Probs my favorite NIN show I've been to. That was the LITS tour. Staples in my opinion has pretty awful sound too, but Trent proved he's a sound God so idgaf.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    The sound isn't great. NIN however, sounded fantastic there. Probs my favorite NIN show I've been to. That was the LITS tour. Staples in my opinion has pretty awful sound too, but Trent proved he's a sound God so idgaf.
    I saw NIN at the Forum and saw Depeche Mode at Staples last week. I thought the sound at Staples was good. Can't remember the sound quality at the Forum. Isn't the Forum bigger in size than the Staples Center? It just seemed bigger to me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I saw NIN at the Forum and saw Depeche Mode at Staples last week. I thought the sound at Staples was good. Can't remember the sound quality at the Forum. Isn't the Forum bigger in size than the Staples Center? It just seemed bigger to me.
    According to wikipedia, the Staples Center seats 20,000, while the Forum seats 17,500. The Forum doesn't have the extra rows of sky boxes that the Staples Center has. I also saw Depeche Mode at the Staples Center and I was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality. I'm not sure if that was because I was sitting relatively close to the floor behind the soundboard or because DM's sound crew knows how to properly set up for enormodomes.

Edit: Does anyone have a favorite parking lot not run by the Staples Center? Since I've avoided the Staples Center and the LA Live complex in general, I'm not really familiar with the non-Staples parking lots. Or should I just pay them $25 for the privilege of parking in Lot W and exiting the parking lot 400 yards from the 110-N on ramp?
    Last edited by cynicmuse; 10-03-2013 at 02:49 AM. Reason: spelling is important

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone gotten the further e-mail from nin.com pre-sale ticket? I gotten my receipt e-mail but that e-mail says further e-mail will be sent in regards to where to enter for nin.com members. I have not gotten this e-mail yet and am kind of concerned. Perhaps I am just paranoid but I would like to know if anyone gotten this e-mail yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trade tickets

deleted - traded - thank you
    Last edited by huskyla27; 10-13-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Has anyone gotten the further e-mail from nin.com pre-sale ticket? I gotten my receipt e-mail but that e-mail says further e-mail will be sent in regards to where to enter for nin.com members. I have not gotten this e-mail yet and am kind of concerned. Perhaps I am just paranoid but I would like to know if anyone gotten this e-mail yet?
    It's a little early yet for that email. In the past, I've gotten that email the day of the concert. Also, they usually have clear signage marking the nin.com ticket pick up location at the venue.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post

Edit: Does anyone have a favorite parking lot not run by the Staples Center? Since I've avoided the Staples Center and the LA Live complex in general, I'm not really familiar with the non-Staples parking lots. Or should I just pay them $25 for the privilege of parking in Lot W and exiting the parking lot 400 yards from the 110-N on ramp?
    I did the valet parking ($20) across the street from the Staples on Figueroa (next to the Hooters). It was worth it since I was running a little late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's a little early yet for that email. In the past, I've gotten that email the day of the concert. Also, they usually have clear signage marking the nin.com ticket pick up location at the venue.
    Ok cool. Thank you. I am stoked!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think Staples has way higher seating and holds more people actually. Hmm....
    Yeah the thing about Staples is its fine if the band is tight as fuck. Muse sounded great there. The Killers sounded horrible.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    staples is WAY fucking bigger than forum.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Ok. My bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Staples is less ghetto too. I saw LITS at the forum and it was a pretty ghetto neighborhood. I remember some guy selling opium while I stood in line.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm on the fence about this... I've said too many times that I will never see another show at the Staples Center. It really is the shittiest sounding venue. Especially if you have bad seats, it just sounds like reverb.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Staples is less ghetto too. I saw LITS at the forum and it was a pretty ghetto neighborhood. I remember some guy selling opium while I stood in line.
    It is a pretty ghetto neighborhood. I've had a few bad memories in that neighborhood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It is a pretty ghetto neighborhood. I've had a few bad memories in that neighborhood.
    Yeah, I remember trying to find the freeway, I saw waaaay too many pimps with fur coats and oversized suits than I cared to see. Twas' a hilarious sight to see.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Looking for 1 GA ticket as a friend of mine would like to come along, thanks!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Also looking for a ticket, PM if anyone has a spare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Longshot, but you never know, I'm looking for two GA tickets. Can trade or buy. Please contact if you have extras my email is xo noise AT g mail DOT com (remove spaces, add @ and .)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    According to wikipedia, the Staples Center seats 20,000, while the Forum seats 17,500. The Forum doesn't have the extra rows of sky boxes that the Staples Center has. I also saw Depeche Mode at the Staples Center and I was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality. I'm not sure if that was because I was sitting relatively close to the floor behind the soundboard or because DM's sound crew knows how to properly set up for enormodomes.

park and ride!!!! take the blue line or expo line to the show. Then you don't have to pay for parking just a few dollars for the light rail ticket. Get off on the Pico stop, you're a couple blocks from Staples.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have suggestions as to how I could acquire a GA ticket without spending 300 dollars? What about sneaking into the pit? Think its possible?