Thread: Harvey Weinstein

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I wasn't surprised by this considering how many stories I've heard about him as a bully. I'm just surprised that it had been hidden for so long and I'm glad it's coming out. I really hope he dies penniless. Not just for what he did to women but also for abusing his power in the industry. Guillermo del Toro recently talked about working with Weinstein on Mimic which nearly made del Toro quit filmmaking: http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/gui...ce-1201886601/

This is just one of many stories of the notorious Harvey Scissorhands as he's been involved in trying to get films re-cut with Wong Kar-Wai's The Grandmaster being the most recent to my knowledge as I saw the re-cut version which is an abomination though I was glad to watch the 130-minute Chinese cut of the film which is a must-see.

There is also the legendary story relating to All the Pretty Horses directed by Billy Bob Thornton and starring Matt Damon, Penelope Cruz, and Henry Thomas. Weinstein is known for being very petty as he was upset over the fact that Thornton was able to get his way over the length of Sling Blade as Thornton was hoping All the Pretty Horses was going to be something special. Well, it had a cut over three hours with a score by Daniel Lanois and Weinstein got his revenge by having the film cut to around two hours and have Lanois' score replaced by music from Marty Stuart and a couple of other composers. It nearly destroyed Thornton who never worked with Weinstein ever again.

The one person I've noticed that hasn't said anything is Quentin Tarantino who is known for working with Weinstein and had released all of his films with Weinstein's help. He's been silent. I wonder what he has to say. The only people I know that have defended Weinstein are Donna Karan, Lindsay Lohan, and Geraldo Rivera. Talk about scumbags.

On a somewhat related note, here is a video from Evan Rachel Wood who talked about the whole Weinstein thing and her own experiences with sexual abuse:

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    The one person I've noticed that hasn't said anything is Quentin Tarantino who is known for working with Weinstein and had released all of his films with Weinstein's help. He's been silent. I wonder what he has to say.
    Consider the Silence broken...

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...in-allegations

Also turns out James Woods is a bit of a creep too...