Thread: Castlevania

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Playing MoF now and ugh, it's like an easy-mode NES flash game with unavoidable deaths (if that makes sense) and awful, awful check-point reliant boss fights. I'm glad I got it super cheap. Just going to keep soldiering on before LoS 2 drops to get myself in the mood. Almost done 70%...must force self to continue...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Playing MoF now and ugh, it's like an easy-mode NES flash game with unavoidable deaths (if that makes sense) and awful, awful check-point reliant boss fights. I'm glad I got it super cheap. Just going to keep soldiering on before LoS 2 drops to get myself in the mood. Almost done 70%...must force self to continue...
    Mirror of Fate was just disappointing from a technical standpoint. It felt like a rushed attempt at carrying the story over to a handheld/3DS. The 3DS version of the game has poor graphics compared to other 3DS titles. The gameplay also suffers because the storylines for the three characters you play are incredibly short. I was left scratching my head at how overkill it is to have perks when you completely leave that character behind after just a few hours of gameplay. It would be fine if the game was longer and you changed back and forth to those other characters as the game progressed. The graphics for the downloadable HD port for PSN and Xbox Live was improved upon, which helps the game levels significantly. I mean, overall, the game isn't horrible -- just plain average, however. That alone makes it disappointing compared to what it could have been -- and also disappointing compared to the LOS1. There are rumors the HD version will come as a surprise with Lords of Shadow 2 for the PC. It's worth playing if you want to visit an episode of time between LOS and LOS2 before you play LOS2. Just don't expect to be overly impressed.
    Last edited by pulse; 02-04-2014 at 08:13 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Castlevania: LOS2 is released February 25 (tomorrow) but you can start downloading it from Steam now...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239250/