Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: LP Fapping

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Implication from twitter is that it's finished though - mixing was done in February, and mastering MUST be done by now. Unless they're putting it on BluRay (which would rock), it already sounds how they want it to.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm still pretty curious about The Bug's involvement. We haven't had any official HTDA remixes yet, so maybe in addition to the debut LP, Trent/Atticus/Mariqueen have been overseeing their first Remix EP, or maybe even companion LP! That would be pretty badass. There are plenty of good remixers out there, but I would personally love to see what Gui Boratto and Trentemøller would do to a Destroy Angels track - those guys consistently turn out cool and interesting stuff. Man, I would love that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    I'm still pretty curious about The Bug's involvement. We haven't had any official HTDA remixes yet, so maybe in addition to the debut LP, Trent/Atticus/Mariqueen have been overseeing their first Remix EP, or maybe even companion LP! That would be pretty badass. There are plenty of good remixers out there, but I would personally love to see what Gui Boratto and Trentemøller would do to a Destroy Angels track - those guys consistently turn out cool and interesting stuff. Man, I would love that.
    I am hoping that he is involved in the actual record and not some remixes. i would really be interested in seeing the band collaborate with other musicians, especially if they're as unique and distinctive as the bug, and try to make something that doesn't quite come from the same universe as the rest of the trent-related projects.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    From what The Bug tweeted, I think he made a hook/beat for HTDA, which they will perform with/over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah it's taking much longer than I thought (I was pretty stoked for January for some reason?), but then again, they're professionals and their final products always end up sounding great. It must take a lot of work. It's like a "Don't rush, but seriously, go ahead and rush" kind of predicament for me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    I'm starting to think it's not coming out. . .
    You're referring to The Fragile's reissue, right?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I suppose another thing to consider is that Rob is finishing up the artwork and packaging for the Dragon Tattoo deluxe edition. Once that ships, maybe he'll be able to devote his full attention to helping with the HTDA art. I'm as anxious as anyone, but I'm sure the final product will be worth it. I'm gonna try to use this downtime to try to save up for some potentially exquisite physical packages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When do you guys think it will be released?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    ''Soon'' .

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    April 9, 2012.

Infidel Hearts

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Second time I've seen that date. Source or just speculation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where else did you see that date? Also, cool name if that happens to be legit.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    its cashpiles, people.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Where else did you see that date? Also, cool name if that happens to be legit.
    A friend of mine claims it was posted then deleted from a site he knows. I was sceptical, but now I've seen it twice. But, if cashpiles saw it from the same source, or someone who saw it from the same source, then I return to my original opinion of false alarm.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    April 9, 2012.

Infidel Hearts
    Monday?

Consider me skeptical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Skepticism for any number of reasons is valid at this point, but surely not for a potential Monday release? Trent and co. don't have any reason to operate by industry standards anymore. In fact it's just so weird and random that I'd say it's even likely.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Industry standards exist for a reason. Assuming the normal midnight announcement, how many people are up midnight before monday, with work, school etc. meaning they need sleep. Friday and Saturday are the best bets for a midnight release I'd wager.

Of course, if the ANNOUNCEMENT is before then, and the Monday is so everyone can ship/stock it at the start of the week, then maybe, who knows. Personally, I'm down with it coming out any day of the week, so long as it comes out!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    LOVE the name if it is indeed true. Just seeing it immediately got me more excited to listen to this.

I'd say its probably 50/50 true/false, and I'm leaning slightly on the side of it being true, but how much of that is me *wanting* it to be true is hard to say.

Very rare in this day for something like that to leak out of the TR camp, but the timing is right, it sounds like something the record would be called... I don't know.

Hopefully it gets cleared up soon one way or the other with an official HTDA update.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Skepticism for any number of reasons is valid at this point, but surely not for a potential Monday release? Trent and co. don't have any reason to operate by industry standards anymore. In fact it's just so weird and random that I'd say it's even likely.
    Yes, but if they're going the non-traditional route, I'd be surprised to see the date leaked out already. I had the same thought, but I figured that if they were just going to release when ready, we'd hear about it when they wanted us to.

Of course, that said, I'd be a happy camper if it actually did come out in early April.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Nah it's not coming out. . .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Asked Q, info on this thread is false. Sadly she's not said WHEN, but not then and not that title

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ask her if its done and when we can expect an announcement

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I don't want to harass the poor woman, but I did ask if there was a "soon" and she chose not to reply, so I assume that if there is an answer, we're not to know it yet.

Of course, I also think it's finished as mixing had one day left when we heard about it last month :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool, thanks for the info! Maybe even sooner than April sixth? #dreaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel all the same wants as all of you.
    Lately Ive been blasting the EP in my car...with hopes that it sends a signal out to the universe to get that album released.
    In all seriousness this is the one album that Im really looking forward to this year, and given that 2/3 of the band has a newborn things might be a little slower comming about.
    I can understand that...but the wait is killing me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mariqueen just tweeted "i have a lot of good news but i just can't tell anyone yet...". I certainly hope the tweet was HTDA related...but who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A third baby cometh

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think she has some live performance information coming but nothing's finalized yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All I know is I'm going to have minimum $300 on the ready for whenever an announcement is made, because who the hell knows anymore.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    A third baby cometh
    already? jeez at least let it close up before you rip it open again