Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    sorry for the double post, but how are the soundtracks when listened to as albums? i have yet to do it.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    sorry for the double post, but how are the soundtracks when listened to as albums? i have yet to do it.
    The Social Network is a pretty easy listen in my opinion. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is a harder listen just because of the length and the mood of the whole thing, but it's very rewarding once you finish it. I tend to listen to The Social Network more, but I think The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is better overall.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    how are the soundtracks when listened to as albums? i have yet to do it.
    TGWTDT soundtrack is great background music for reading.

That sounds like a bad thing, but I definitely mean it in a complimentary way.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    TGWTDT soundtrack is great background music for reading.

That sounds like a bad thing, but I definitely mean it in a complimentary way.
    I read The Silent Land whilst listening to TGWTDT and it worked really well, but the side effect is I can't stop thinking about the book now if I put the music on.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I read The Silent Land whilst listening to TGWTDT and it worked really well, but the side effect is I can't stop thinking about the book now if I put the music on.
    Lol, yep! That'll happen...

When I read TGWTDT I was listening to the first 2 Crosses EPs, and now I just instantly think of that book series and the eerie vibe of them whenever I listen to Crosses.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm late to the party here, but generally speaking, I agree with what most others have said.

TSN is a great album on it's own; wonderful for listening to when you're out driving or going for a walk, working, reading, or listening to it just for the sake of listening to it.

Dragon, on the other hand, is definitely more of a background album for me. There are some standout tracks that I'll listen to on their own because I like them so much, but as a whole, this album gets most of its use in the form of "load out is done, I'm climbing into my bunk and putting my headphones in". I'm usually asleep within a few songs, but worst case scenario, I've got hours of music.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I'm late to the party here, but generally speaking, I agree with what most others have said.

TSN is a great album on it's own; wonderful for listening to when you're out driving or going for a walk, working, reading, or listening to it just for the sake of listening to it.

Dragon, on the other hand, is definitely more of a background album for me. There are some standout tracks that I'll listen to on their own because I like them so much, but as a whole, this album gets most of its use in the form of "load out is done, I'm climbing into my bunk and putting my headphones in". I'm usually asleep within a few songs, but worst case scenario, I've got hours of music.
    The next time you visit someplace special, take a bus or a train somewhere for a few hours and put it on. It will soundtrack your memory of the place for years to come.

I did this a few years ago when I traveled through Iceland, and it was incredible.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    The next time you visit someplace special, take a bus or a train somewhere for a few hours and put it on. It will soundtrack your memory of the place for years to come.

I did this a few years ago when I traveled through Iceland, and it was incredible.
    Funny - that's actually how TSN works for me. When I got it, I was listening to it heavily during the first two weekends, which were spent driving between west Texas and New Mexico. It'll always remind me of driving through the streets of ABQ at night with the moon lighting up the mountains in the background, and driving through the mountains and White Sands Missile Range at dawn.

Listening to the first part of Dragon just reminds me of being on a tour bus, which to me, is a special place. When I've been out of work for too long (or on a tour where we fly everywhere), it still serves as the soundtrack to my memory of busing around.