Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Fucking. Got it. Driving home now. brb
    Congrats! It's quite the rush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just posted on the Mouth Taped Shut twitter:
    disaffect, separate, estranged, cleave, bisect, slaughter, secluded, isolated

and the answer is detached

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow. I had hoped they would drop one of these here but it's mostly been the U.S. and I was so afraid I'd be stuck at work when they did, if they did at all. So it's a day off from work, got up a bit before 10am (mostly to check the Dark Knight Rises OperationEarlyBird page...I know) and @MouthTapedShut drops another clue. I've managed to crack a few so I checked out the pic it linked to....age...license plate, I check back on the TDKR page, it's down of course...I chuckle and refresh Twitter and the first new tweet says 'Vancouver, BC'...I don't even think. Within 20 seconds I have the nearest hoodie and pair of jeans on. Run back to the computer, and see '/ageless'. I type in the URL and it points to Main St.....easily a 20-25 min drive away but I don't even think twice. The nutcracker picture looks familiar too. I enter it in my iPhone and run for the door.

I scream to my car, scream out on to the street and am frantically thinking which way's the fastest way there. I speed up and after a few blocks it dawns on me. 'That's the wooden nutcracker statue I saw while at a red light a few weeks back outside an antique store.' My heart sinks as it's probably been there a while and someone else surely knows it too. Of course, the traffic decides to be excruciatingly slow but I get to the street within 15 minutes (thankfully never crossed the path of any police as I was a healthy amount over the speed limit many times...having the OST for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo playing only made me more tense) and I park a block away. I run to the next street and see a couple in all black around the store. I feel gut punched. They're smiling and return to their SUV and pull away as I cross the street to the store. I figure they found the note and it had directions where to go and I'm hooped. I check Twitter to see if any 'FOUND' tweets have dropped...nothing. So I run up to the statue and check it's arms, behind it...frantic. After 20 seconds a lady comes out of the store (not a rep, one of the owners) and asks if I'm interested in the statue. 'Very.' She asks if I'm there for a reason, I reply 'Looking for something...' She says 'Look harder.' and my eyes go wide. 'Maybe...under it?' I tilt the statue and freak out when I see the note inside.

She lets me in and says 'now you just have to find a large French cabinet.' I say 'oh yeah.' as the place is FILLED with them. One stands out, it's huge and the main cabinet door is slightly open. I open it and see the envelope and a huge smile hits me. 'Congratulations. They said anytime after 10am to expect someone, didn't think it'd be so soon.' She pulls out a camera and says that it was mailed to her with explicit instructions, she takes a few pics of me like they told her to, says congratulations again. I say 'Thank you so much.' and walk out to my car. I take a pic of it on my car seat, and as I pull out and drive past the store, I see two people run full speed up to the nutcracker statue. Just in time.

Shout out to @antovolk @mentorless @Star_Nubalo @bgalbraith @thehighroller5 and a few others that I've seen helping everyone...they're all crazy...I think they had every puzzle solved within like two minutes. Cheers to everyone!
    Last edited by october_midnight; 12-09-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I run to the next street and see a couple in all black around the store.
    It's funny that two people dressed in all black made you think your chances went out the window.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    It's funny that two people dressed in all black made you think your chances went out the window.
    Haha it totally did. I see a grinning couple get in to a vehicle, all in black, guy's got a band shirt on...thought I was S.O.L.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Haha it totally did. I see a grinning couple get in to a vehicle, all in black, guy's got a band shirt on...thought I was S.O.L.
    that is an amazingly awesome story! like others have said, i'm glad this happened to someone on this board/someone who appreciates the whole arg campaign.

and that's twice now they've done a chicago drop right after i've been there/when i'm supposed to be there. i was supposed to go to the hard x mouthtapedshut event tonight but my mother got her biopsy results back, and it's not good.

anywho, congrats again!