Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1516

Thread: The Fragile: Deviations 1 - Limited Edition 4xLP (Spring 2017)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    You might want to delete the last one containing the download code
    Didn't even notice but that's ok, I've had the FLACS since December. Have at it!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

what's this thing? New ARG flag?

the most logical explanation is that it could be the "parental advisory explicit content" logo with no text, since there are no lyrics
    Last edited by arsenic; 06-28-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    It seems like Ripe (With Decay) has officially lost its brackets now.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    the most logical explanation is that it could be the "parental advisory explicit content" logo with no text, since there are no lyrics
    Haha thats exactly what that is.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    While I understand that a lot of work went into resequencing, remastering, mixing all of this, etc., I can't help but feel like it doesn't look like $80 to me. I would have happily paid $40 more if it had meant it came with something along the lines of OK Computer's upcoming deluxe set with a tape of outtakes, journals, art, etc. This just looks like the plain and standard edition of something. I'm sure once I have it in my hands and have played it, I'll feel differently, but those pics aren't inspiring much excitement in me after having listened to this thing to death for months now.

At least it tempers my expectations with the other reissues heavily.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    It seems like Ripe (With Decay) has officially lost its brackets now.
    I just grinned, my bud and I used to call miserable things "ripe with decay", no brackets intended.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for the pics posted. Agreed should have been more "deluxe" for that price.

Is that LP mailer one of those that's more rectangular than square and has the extra cardboard at the sides to pad it?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Here's your bitching thread. http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...itching-Thread

Keep this one on topic about how the LPs sound and all that.

THANKS!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Thanks for the demeaning title on a justified and important topic!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    really glad i got to actually sit and listen to this all the way through. it's truly a unique experience to have an extended/alternate version of one of your favorite albums become available as an actual THING and be able to experience it in this way.

and, seriously, the records were pressed immaculately. overall volume level, dynamics, noise floor; everything was perfect.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Thanks for the demeaning title on a justified and important topic!!!!!!!!!
    He chose the perfect first post on the split though, gotta give him that lol

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thank fuck for that, I've become obsessed with Taken, makes me think I should delve into the world of drum and bass.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Didn't even notice but that's ok, I've had the FLACS since December. Have at it!
    Thanks for that! Genuinely much appreciated. I wouldn't have stolen it from you by the way, that would be bad form.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Mine came really well packaged and not a dent, in a proper padded mailer.

International from the nin US store to UK, maybe I got lucky

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    Thanks for that! Genuinely much appreciated. I wouldn't have stolen it from you by the way, that would be bad form.
    I however, did steal it...and gave the code to a friend who might appreciate this record but isn't *that* big of a fan to actually have sought it out himself. Though in my defence, imail724 did say "Have at it!"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Darn, Taken is amazing, it is giving me a feeling as if you were being chased by some kind of force, same for"One Way To Get There" which is also amazing.
    The March is beatiful.

At first I was not impressed with the new tracks, but the more I listen to them, the more I fall with love with them. Still can't get over Can I Stay Here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Darn, Taken is amazing, it is giving me a feeling as if you were being chased by some kind of force, same for"One Way To Get There" which is also amazing.
    The March is beatiful.

At first I was not impressed with the new tracks, but the more I listen to them, the more I fall with love with them. Still can't get over Can I Stay Here.
    I listened to the new tracks last December when they came out first and I was severely underwhelmed to be honest. But now that I've been kindly provided with the official download by @imail724 and I can take in the whole album as an experience, I'm delighted with the new tracks. I think I was expecting too many bells and whistles and whatnot, but now that the fever of expectation has died down, I can simply sit back and enjoy it and let it all wash over me.

If I had a vinyl player, I would drop the 100 euro on the package, even knowing about the complaints in the other thread. But I don't have one so the hi res will do for now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Keep this one on topic about how the LPs sound and all that.
    But this is still the thread to talk about ship dates, right?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
    But this is still the thread to talk about ship dates, right?
    I guess? If that seems important to talk about, sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I guess? If that seems important to talk about, sure.
    Oh, Lt. Randy, you missed the joke. It's been a long, strange thread.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Comedy is hard sometimes.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Comedy is hard sometimes.
    Please keep the thread on topic.....

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The LPs sound perfect.
    As some of you people might know, pressing vinyl is not a digital process. If the test pressing sounds like shit, minor (or sometimes major) tweaks must be made additionally to make the vinyl sound great.
    I'm sure that this is the reason why the shipping date is delayed, and I completely understand that.

That being said, the main issue I have with this release is, as many of you already pointed out, indeed packaging. They did it the wrong way.
    It should've been 4 respective vinyl sleeves (just like Ghosts I-IV DE), without acid damage this time. And just print the pdf, create a small book, include it in the box. Easily worth $80.
    Maybe I should write this in the 'bitching' thread, I don't know. Just wanted to say what I wanted to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Received my LP today and I couldn't be happier with this project. Taken is great and Claustrophobia Machine is amazing. However, one of my favorite moments on this is Can I Stay Here? It's placement between Appendage and 10 Miles High is perfect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got mine in the mail this Monday. It shall remain sealed until I get a decent record player and set of surround sound speakers.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Selfdestruct View Post
    Got mine in the mail this Monday. It shall remain sealed until I get a decent record player and set of surround sound speakers.
    Obviously you choose how to listen, but vinyl can't be surround sound

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    got a message from Sandbag UK last week saying "it's on its way" with a tracking number... which is not recognized. Anybody else had the same problem?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lindrom15 View Post
    got a message from Sandbag UK last week saying "it's on its way" with a tracking number... which is not recognized. Anybody else had the same problem?
    try https://asendia.mpm.metapack.com/XTrace/ instead of the link from the shipping confirmation email. This page does only track until the border though. In case you are in Germany, you'll have to use Hermes's tracking with the same number for domestic tracking.

and i am sorry for posting in the wrong thread!
    Last edited by baudolino; 07-06-2017 at 03:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With an untraceble tracking nr my copy of Deviations arrived (the Netherlands, Europe), without any damages. Just kept my order from late December and waited so I expect no problems for the August releases of Broken, Downward Spiral, The Fragile DE's & NTAE.

Expected a bit more of the sleeves and artwork considering the price but happy nonetheless!
    Last edited by JMB-GNR; 07-06-2017 at 04:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So it seems that even if ordered from US store, shipments to Europe customers are made from UK. Good, no customs and better packaging. I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.