Page 75 of 182 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 175 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 5442

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Work got hectic but then the God's smiled upon us poor fools. In short I came to work with no pot or beer I'm now leaving with both.

Also in an odd way paying off an old hospital bill, and settling up on old student loans I've been putting off. I'm not thrilled to pay out about a grand directly up front but it's time to settle up some shit. I basically took last year and much of the one before off from life in a way. Yeah, responsibilities and stuff....

AAAAAND ... Festivus is upon us.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 12-24-2014 at 12:09 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    My day off today, xmas tomorrow, office closed on Friday … woo woo mini vacation!

Which I will spend mostly sleeping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Full on Christmas nap. Woke up thinking it was time for work. But it wasn't. Zing!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    When someone does nothing by face palm my posts, it's a little amusing. Pathetic, but amusing.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    When the primary element you add to conversations is garbage, you kind of earn what you put in.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Oh, man. I had a great trip home over the holidays(which is good, because the last one was fucking awful).

BFF #1 is taking me to Jamaica in April(Hopefully I can get a passport in time)
    BFF #2 got engaged while I was there... So I get to be maid of honor. <3 As of right now, the kinda sorta plan is just a few of us going to Vegas.

My cousin recently became an Air Traffic Controller at the Denver airport. This is awesome because he is such a great guy. He has had a trophy wife and two children all while working full time, and going to school full time. I am so incredibly proud of him! He even got to Air Traffic Control Air Force One while Obama was on the way to Hawaii!

I watched my little sister graduate with her CDAC stuff last Friday. She starts up a new school chapter in just a few weeks.

There are just so many great things happening to the people in my life right now, and seeing them all become happy and obtain their goals is amazing, and really motivating.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Having my fingernails clipped before typing. That hardly gets old.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    My cousin recently became an Air Traffic Controller at the Denver airport. This is awesome because he is such a great guy. He has had a trophy wife and two children all while working full time, and going to school full time. I am so incredibly proud of him! He even got to Air Traffic Control Air Force One while Obama was on the way to Hawaii!
    If your cousin worked AFO, he works here and works radar. :-)

Congrats to him, we welcome him to the ATC family!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    No idea! Lol. I didn't actually get to speak with him. He is still in his probation period, and didn't get to come home for the holidays. I was just visiting with my aut about it.

It was a shitty deal because he was just about to become one when the government shut down last year. When that shitshow happened, he lost his opportunity(again, I'm short on details here, and going off of what my aunt tells me - no idea how accurate it is). He then thankfully got another opportunity earlier this year, and made it in just before his 30th birthday in June. I guess once you turn 30, they will no longer let you in?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    No idea! Lol. I didn't actually get to speak with him. He is still in his probation period, and didn't get to come home for the holidays. I was just visiting with my aut about it.

It was a shitty deal because he was just about to become one when the government shut down last year. When that shitshow happened, he lost his opportunity(again, I'm short on details here, and going off of what my aunt tells me - no idea how accurate it is). He then thankfully got another opportunity earlier this year, and made it in just before his 30th birthday in June. I guess once you turn 30, they will no longer let you in?
    Yes, exactly, due to pension rules (ATCs have to retire by their 56th birthday). It takes pretty much two full years of training to become fully certified on radar. Until then, you train on each position in your area, and you slowly get certified in each position on radar. You work as an assistant on that position until you're fully certified on that position.

Yeah, the government shutdown really fucked the staffing at all these facilities; there is a big shortage, which is kind of being covered up; they really NEED ATCs and a shit ton of ATCs are retiring over the next several years, and it takes so damned long to get people fully-certified, the shut-down just further delayed things. Really sucks for the ATCs and for the trainees.

The age-30 thing is when you get accepted, though, not when you fully certify. Thankfully.

Anyway, congrats to your cousin!!! :-)
    Last edited by allegro; 12-29-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I live in a big home by myself and during the winter I don't like to run the heat because the cold is where it's at imo, but also the bill is ridiculous. In the mornings though, my feet are on fire they are so cold, also during the evenings while I'm drinking and playing video games. Anyway, I bought a $30 personal heater at Walmart today, and good grief this thing puts out some heat! So happy, and now so are my feet. :P

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finally got to play The Last of Us and it lived up to my expectations. Normally if I hear something is awesome I build it up too much only to be let down. I think it exceeded my expectations, actually. So yeah, that cheers me up.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife just started watching "avatar: the last airbender" with me (which i've been trying to get her to do for over a year) and she likes it! SO HAPPY!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Finally got to play The Last of Us and it lived up to my expectations. Normally if I hear something is awesome I build it up too much only to be let down. I think it exceeded my expectations, actually. So yeah, that cheers me up.
    i hope i have the same experience! i just got a ps4 in part so i could play the last of us after hearing so much about it. fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Happened to look at my bank account on line and saw that the ATM transaction I did while visiting Santa Fe was on two lines - one the actually withdrawel including the ATM fee that I remember pressing yes on the screen for and then another $2.50 debit. I called BofA and was told that yeah, you'll get a double hit like that if you take money out of a bank they don't have an agreement with. No fee ATM is only if it's a BoA ATM. Ok, fine, I see BofA is everywhere so why be in an ATM network that doesn't charge if you have a good size balance (this girl), but charge me twice, really? By the end of the conversation, the agent credited the $2.50. That cheered me up. A little nice, can go a long way - for both me and the bank.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    When one of your best friends knows just the right thing to say.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    When one of your best friends knows just the right thing to say.
    My buddy has a knack for doing just this with random texts right art the best times.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Last shower of the year, I think. A good way to wash away a shitty year for me. Hope 2015 is better.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'm absolutely loving these Skeletor Honda commercials...

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7_4y/honda-ha...gic-eight-ball

<3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'll be 37 in 10min and still feel like a young man at heart. Life gets pretty damn awesome the older I get, hope the same happens to you guys and gals.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    I'll be 37 in 10min and still feel like a young man at heart. Life gets pretty damn awesome the older I get, hope the same happens to you guys and gals.
    You were born on New Years day?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I found in my inbox the message @Agent of Chaos sent me right before he went completely sideways.
    It's like someone's last tweet before going out and committing some crazy ass crime

"I'm going to get them to explode. Just bare with me here as I incite a riot. This is going to lead to the return of the shit list, and it will be glorious. And then I will be able to run wild."

Strange dude! what in the hell was going through his head? this is just a little insight. These things interest me.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Sorry for double post, but the pirate bay website now shows a pirate flag waving and a counter showing how long they have been offline.

Well, the counter is now going the opposite way...counting down!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    You were born on New Years day?
    Yes indeed. Actually I didn't turn 37 till 6:03 this morning, but it's kinda weird to drink that early in the morning no matter how redneck we are. Hurrr

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Strange dude! what in the hell was going through his head? this is just a little insight. These things interest me.
    These three posts in chronological order say it all to me.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...311#post191311

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...297#post192297

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...945#post198945

It also seems that he probably shared the same thought that sadpanda had in this thread.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...-ets-is-boring

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    These three posts in chronological order say it all to me.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...311#post191311

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...297#post192297

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...945#post198945

It also seems that he probably shared the same thought that sadpanda had in this thread.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...-ets-is-boring
    It cheers me that he can no longer post here.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    A Canadian got stuck on a Vegas zipline for an hour. That part doesn't cheer me up. The fact that it made the front page of the CBC website does. The stereotype that nothing happens here makes me chuckle when stories like that get attention.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Ho..ly...shit, y'all, it would appear that i'm going to a fucking university.
    I didn't know that Panhandle State University was just 33 miles north of here.
    I don't ask my mother about finances. I know she's well off, but i didn't know she was "sure, i'll pay for you to get a degree" well off.

I'm 34. I thought that my life was completely ruined and i would be living here off of family money and working at minimum wage jobs, or maybe landing one that paid ten or twelve an hour if i was lucky, and, well, waiting till i inherit the family money. That's no kind of life.

Between being a truly bipolar nut job and a hopeless addict and alcoholic, I've never been stable enough to do this. But i am now. I really thought that the college boat had sailed a long ass time ago. But here it comes again. Another chance! I'm living in a place where everything is paid for and i have no real responsibilities, and the college is right up the fucking road! I feel like i'm dreaming. I've ordered info from the university and will be ordering my HS transcripts and sat scores this week so i can apply. It appears to be next to impossible to not be accepted, so i'm not worried about that.

So i'll be the old guy at the college, but i will be AT THE FUCKING COLLEGE!
    I won't have a degree till i'm 36 or 37 (for an associates) or 38 or 39 (for a bachelors,) but i can be that age WITH a degree or without, right?

I finally see a ray of hope peeking through the clouds, and goddamn, it looks pretty.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That's how I'm feeling right now. There's a fan fucking tastic institute in international studies where in the TOWN I LIVE. I never considered their Masters program something I'd be interested in because my undergrad was art. Now that I've had a fling with education and teaching, I checked out their program again and fell in love with their International Education program. My mother also has agreed to see me through that degree financially, but I won't be looking for applying for another two years probably because I need more experience and fleshing out where I'd like to go with this. For now, I'm barely making rent and it's stressing me out.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My cousin and his young sons have "Friday Night Fights", where they wallop each other with foam swords for a while. I like the term they invented for taking their shirts off when they do that: "Wearing bones".