Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Things That Piss You Off - more bitching about your mom

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    A toothache with the new crown I got only a couple of months ago. Oh, and my dentist dropped dead a few weeks ago.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    A toothache with the new crown I got only a couple of months ago. Oh, and my dentist dropped dead a few weeks ago.
    I'd get a new dentist, if I were you.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Har har.

She probably should see an endodontist, first.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I missed a deadline I was waiting for for a year, because I was waiting for an email announcement that never came: I guess they wanted you to go look on the website yourself. Douches.

Recurring backache.

The annoying woman who comes late and sits to my left at yoga: I get there early so I am the one nearest the teacher. This jackass comes late and sits to my left, outside the circle.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Har har.

She probably should see an endodontist, first.
    You know, of the two crowns I've gotten, never had a root canal. This dentist was so good at what he did, and I paid through the nose for it. I gotta go back to whomever buys his practice, which I'm told is happening very soon. I don't know knocked it (a molar) with something or some food.

Being woken up at 2:30 in the morning that my flight today was cancelled. Thanks but still pissy -/

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    There isn't a thread for "little things you're conflicted about" so I'm just posting this here. An ex-coworker of mine is trying kinda hard to befriend me and I feel like a dick because the interest in a friendship isn't mutual. He used to be kinda homophobic and I might have lied about my experience level with women (zilch) because I didn't feel like justifying myself to him or explaining that. Basically if you're not-straight when you're around certain people they call your queerness into question if you haven't actually fucked the same gender or some stupid shit. I guess I don't need to go get laid with a chick to prove something. But yeah, I lied. I also might have stretched the truth about some other shit but I don't even remember... but knowing the machismo I tend to put on around him I'm fairly sure there's some level of previous fakeness there that makes me uncomfortable. Not to mention we have next to nothing in common. And just, shit, he really wants to be my friend and I don't know a nice way to get out of it. Especially when he's saying shit about being homeless and his relationship is shit and he needs someone to talk to. Dude, don't put this on me.

I hate lying and it's not something I do with my friends or often at all. I wasn't expecting him to try to be my friend. I guess I'll just slowly freeze him out by "always being busy" or something but he's trying kinda hard and ugh ugh ugh ugh. Why can't he go make friends in Jersey or something! I'm a bad person! Or maybe I won't, but,
    Last edited by playwithfire; 04-06-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: UGH

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Whoa. It's 3:11 in the morning and all of a sudden I thought I saw someone or something out of the corner of my eye on my right side, followed my a quick flash of light out of the corner of my right eye. When I turned around there was no one there. Scared the shit out of me.

Now, I'm not saying it was anything paranormal or anything like that, I'm sure it was just my mind playing tricks on me. In fact, I've been reading something for the last hour about a story where someone gets shot from their right side, and someone had come up behind them and they never saw the person coming, and then I think someone's behind me on my right and suddenly I saw a small flash of light (I think...I'm almost positive). Which just goes to show how crazy the mind is and the power of suggestion. Freaky.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    There isn't a thread for "little things you're conflicted about" so I'm just posting this here. An ex-coworker of mine is trying kinda hard to befriend me and I feel like a dick because the interest in a friendship isn't mutual. He used to be kinda homophobic and I might have lied about my experience level with women (zilch) because I didn't feel like justifying myself to him or explaining that. Basically if you're not-straight when you're around certain people they call your queerness into question if you haven't actually fucked the same gender or some stupid shit. I guess I don't need to go get laid with a chick to prove something. But yeah, I lied. I also might have stretched the truth about some other shit but I don't even remember... but knowing the machismo I tend to put on around him I'm fairly sure there's some level of previous fakeness there that makes me uncomfortable. Not to mention we have next to nothing in common. And just, shit, he really wants to be my friend and I don't know a nice way to get out of it. Especially when he's saying shit about being homeless and his relationship is shit and he needs someone to talk to. Dude, don't put this on me.

I hate lying and it's not something I do with my friends or often at all. I wasn't expecting him to try to be my friend. I guess I'll just slowly freeze him out by "always being busy" or something but he's trying kinda hard and ugh ugh ugh ugh. Why can't he go make friends in Jersey or something! I'm a bad person! Or maybe I won't, but,
    Yeesh. I hate situations like this. I had to block a dude on Facebook, as well as every other platform through which he might be able to contact me, because he either couldn't take a fucking hint or was shameless enough to try to guilt me into being his bro. I think you have the right idea, though. Manufacture a busy life for yourself with a whole laundry list of excuses for why you can't talk and eventually he'll get bored and frustrated, and he'll forget about you.

I get that you feel a bit guilty, I second-guessed myself a lot when I got rid of my parasitic acquaintance but, yeah, you don't need people you don't like in your life. To lipsynch friendship for the sake of social niceties does everyone involved a disservice.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Hand dryers with sensor.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm getting really sick of seeing Facebook status updates that are the equivalent of what you usually see on the bottom of a motivational poster. "Follow your bliss!" "Right now is your first chance to change the rest of your life!" "Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen!"

Usually I'm indifferent, but I'm kind of pissed off today for a variety of reasons, and this flood of optimistic bullshit is just fueling my rage. You're not the Dalai Lama, so post a picture of what you ate for lunch and shut the fuck up.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-09-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm getting really sick of seeing Facebook status updates that are the equivalent of what you usually see on the bottom of a motivational poster. "Follow your bliss!" "Right now is your first chance to change the rest of your life!" "Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen!"

Usually I'm indifferent, but I'm kind of pissed off today for a variety of reasons, and this flood of optimistic bullshit is just fueling my rage. You're not the Dalai Lama, so post a picture of what you ate for lunch and shut the fuck up.
    so 2008 like when status updates were all prefaced with "Dra is"

Dra is anxious today. Not anxious like I hope I didn't leave the oven on, more like fuck I'm one step away from living under a fiscal and emotional bridge anxious. This too shall pass I'm sure. I just have to stop burying my head and facing shit head-on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Court. Lawyers. Law. I am so fucking sick of arguing. I need to get out. Someone needs to stop joking about lawyers chained to the bottom of the ocean and actually make a start. (Yes I know Law is created by legislatures, sponsoring the 'lawyer' industry) but fuck me, is this the peak of human civilization?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Dra is anxious today. Not anxious like I hope I didn't leave the oven on, more like fuck I'm one step away from living under a fiscal and emotional bridge anxious. This too shall pass I'm sure. I just have to stop burying my head and facing shit head-on.
    And it's just a bad case of PMS.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    My left ball is extremely tender, and I don't know why (sometimes they get inadvertently bruised). Stupid balls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just found out that a kid I use to babysit for when she was 9 months and I was in highschool is now 15 years old. God I'm old.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^I hear 'ya. I remember when my "little" cousins were actually little. Now the oldest is 21.

I don't feel like I'm less than a year away from 30, mentally or physically, but that's the reality of it. Better start planning my retirement/nursing home/funeral now, because it's pretty much over. :P

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Your 30s>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your 20s.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    That's oddly comforting.

But then your 40s = death.

Er...wait. Sorry. I keep thinking it's 1882.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Watching some good friends flounder. Fucking sad.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    My left ball is extremely tender, and I don't know why (sometimes they get inadvertently bruised). Stupid balls.
    Probably something to do with that strap-on adventure?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tony Randazzo is a dick.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Keep crying, you little bitch.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Eat my Shitlord cat while listening to Lana Del Rey while drowning in pink meat slime. (J/K LOL ILY!)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Time feels like it's moving ridiculously fast right now. It's actually kind of weirding me out just a little bit. I swear to God, it feels like it was about two hours ago that I looked at the clock and it was eleven at night. But it's a little past four the next morning.

I looked over at some point and was like, oh, it's 2:30 in the morning. Then it hit me- wait a second, how the hell did it get to be 2:30?! Where did the time go? Then the next thing I know, it's 3:45. And now it's almost 4:30 and I'm still a ways away from getting to bed.

I know you can get distracted and lose track of time, and that definitely happens to me, but this morning it just feels ten times worse than usual. I'm mad at myself for letting it slip away from me and taking so long to get things wrapped up for the night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey there. The kind of meds that might help you feel better (as in, more like yourself without so much of the stuff you're getting sick of) really aren't addictive. I say try it out and see how you feel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Have not had my new car for 3 days, and some douche already cracked the mirror on the driver's side in a parking lot. Fuck the world.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    50 Volt Phantom.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exilajei View Post
    Have not had my new car for 3 days, and some douche already cracked the mirror on the driver's side in a parking lot. Fuck the world.
    lol avatars. I was like "When did I post about my new car? I don't even have a new car!"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Arguments that clutter my newsfeed. Tried to ignore it, but when someone tells one of my friends to go kill themselves, it's hard not to say something.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Not really piss you off, but more freak you out: we had Easter holidays for the past two weeks, and the three weeks before that I was on sick leave because the depression had turned accutely suicidal again, so it's been over five weeks since I last set foot into a classroom.
    And I'm completely stressed out over it. I'm worried about the questions I'll get, I'm worried that the kids will be mad I'm back because they liked the substitute teacher better, I'm worried I won't be properly prepared, I'm worried about a thousand little things that might (and probably will) go wrong because that's what the job is - it's chaotic and unpredictable and mostly that's the fun part of it. But I'm terrified that I'm not ready. I couldn't be better prepared, and I know that, but right now I just don't feel it.