Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by demo View Post
    Am I the only one who is enjoying it and isn't butthurt about the opinions of others? lol
    ???

I didn't really notice anyone in here who is butthurt about anything (except maybe the Beatles.)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    ???

I didn't really notice anyone in here who is butthurt about anything (except maybe the Beatles.)
    I'm not offended by how stupid you are. I'm just pointing it out to you. If me telling you that your opinions are useless and moronic means I'm "butthurt," well, I hope that helps you sleep at night.

I don't think anyone is "butthurt" because some Marilyn Manson fan thinks the Beatles suck, even though he's never bothered to listen to an album.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-25-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Very surprised by how much of this album I'm enjoying. Didn't think he still had it in him; I might put this one on par with GAOG, just under the ol' tryptich. Particularly enjoying Children of Cain, Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms, and Gardner. Slo-Mo-Tion may be a new classic for me. I'm in love with it.

Pistol Whipped is terrible, Disengaged is forgettable. Those are my only real low points (two of the three tracks he alone is credited for, incidentally according to Wiki). Didn't care for Murderers, but it's slowly growing on me.

Not a fantastic album by any means, but pretty damn good.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm not offended by how stupid you are. I'm just pointing it out to you. If me telling you that your opinions are useless and moronic means I'm "butthurt," well, I hope that helps you sleep at night.

I don't think anyone is "butthurt" because some Marilyn Manson fan thinks the Beatles suck, even though he's never bothered to listen to an album.
    WHat is a "useful" opinion on something as trivial as rock music? You are just attacking him because he does not like the beatles as much as you, well done.

I like the beatles but I hate the way people get all pompous and self righteous when they meet someone who does not. There is no such thing as objectively good music... If your thinking is so uncritical that you actually believe "correct" taste exists thenGod help you

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    You are just attacking him because he does not like the beatles as much as you, well done.
    I don't know if you've read the whole Beatles thing from the start, but you're missing the point. It's not about attacking someone for tastes, it's about calling someone out for egregious talking out the assness.

I personally don't like Bruce Springsteen, he's just not my thing, doesn't turn me on, etc. But I don't go around saying things like, "Bruce Springsteen is mediocre pop bullshit; he's totally so overrated. And stuff. Where's my super cool power-chord goth music? Also, The High End of Low was a great album." I don't think anyone would argue Bruce Springsteen's impact, and it's obviously far less than the Beatles. So again, it's not about "like." Especially when we found out Harry Whatshisname hasn't even listened to a Beatles album!

Additionally, it's not off topic because the Beatles have been such an instrumental shaping force for Marilyn Manson, who as we all know has done numerous covers of the Beatles or their members, and frequently references them in his lyrics.

So, whatever, that guy sinned against the rock gods or something, but it's not like I actually care that much. I just won't take anything he says about music, or much else, seriously from here on out. You can't make incredibly bullshit statements about things you're not familiar with, and expect not be called out on it on the basis of, "I just leike different stuff and stuff."

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    yeah it is tedious when people are contrarian or controversial for the sake of it, but nonetheless i think you are entitled to call a spade a spade on matters this trivial... If (for example) you hate springsteen but want a quiet life you can just preface your remarks with an acknowledgement of his stature and influence. I dont really see why you feel you need to keep your opinion on the down-low?

But yeah if this chap chats shit regularly then ok. Its just the crucifiction of people not on the beatles hype is something i see alllll the time

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Its just the crucifiction of people not on the beatles hype is something i see alllll the time
    Harry is being slammed for saying incredibly stupid shit, not because "he doesn't like the Beatles." Plenty of other people in this thread have actually said "I don't like the Beatles," but in the process, they didn't say anything incredibly stupid, so nobody bashed them.

Anyway, let's keep this thread on topic. Born Villain fucking sucks.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Harry is being slammed for saying incredibly stupid shit, not because "he doesn't like the Beatles." Plenty of other people in this thread have actually said "I don't like the Beatles," but in the process, they didn't say anything incredibly stupid, so nobody bashed them.

Anyway, let's keep this thread on topic. Born Villain fucking sucks.
    Fair enough then!

listening to BV now, it's not too bad. Same problems as every album after holy wood, same persona as EMDM. More cryptic ramblings and less self pity, which is good. A couple of songs (overneath, murderers) are satisfying industrial rock. Or totally contrived, depending how much you like it. Not the old days anymore though! That seems carved in stone now