Thread: Final Fantasy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Im at the end of Bravely Default. The last boss is such bullshit.... A lot of the game is bullshit. Dont play it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Im at the end of Bravely Default. The last boss is such bullshit.... A lot of the game is bullshit. Dont play it.
    The first half of the game is the best, most engaging old-school style JRPG I've played since Final Fantasy Tactics. The 2nd half...UGH. I'm in chapter 7 or 8, around level 80ish, and those group boss fights are killer. It's all so repetitious. I've pretty much all but abandoned it by now...which is a shame since I loved the first half so much.

Seems like the only good form of the series or Squeenix live on in the 3DS/DS and to smaller extent the PSP. I loved playing the remakes of FF III and IV on the DS. Well, except for the fact that I got to final boss in FFIII and it creamed me, then I read online I need x,y, and z jobs to really beat him, which are 3 classes I never bothered to level up, so to beat it I would need at least another 10-20 hours of grinding. So I said fuck it and put it away and never touched it again. FFVI Advanced was fantastic. But, FFVI is still my favorite game in the entire series and I don't think they've ever come close to matching the epic depth, scope, and character development they achieved in that 16bit sprite-based game. Have all the polygons you want, but a good story, characters, and addicting gameplay are what makes a game.

The console Final Fantasy games lost me a long time ago. I liked X, but don't do MMORPG so no XI or XIV, and I tried playing XIII, but it was just...boring. It was on rails, none of the characters were particularly compelling, and the story was a jumbled mess. It's a shame though, since there's three games of that world.