Thread: Harvey Weinstein

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    So, just because I don't agree with your view, I happen to have some kind of mental problem.

Hurray for tolerance and respect!

The system is set to protect abusers more than those who are abused.
    NO, THIS SITUATION IS PROOF THAT IT'S NOT.

I don't have to tolerate or respect willful ignorance. Which is what you're demonstrating.

Grow up, GENDER MATTERS WHEN DISCUSSING SEXUAL ASSAULT.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    NO, THIS SITUATION IS PROOF THAT IT'S NOT.

I don't have to tolerate or respect willful ignorance. Which is what you're demonstrating.

Grow up, GENDER MATTERS WHEN DISCUSSING SEXUAL ASSAULT.
    So anyone who doesn't share your view is willfully ignorant. Great.

Abuse is abuse, period. Gender doesn't matter when discussing sexual assault. The problem is in the action itself, not on the gender of the abuser/abused.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So anyone who doesn't share your view is willfully ignorant. Great.

Abuse is abuse, period. Gender doesn't matter when discussing sexual assault. The problem is in the action itself, not on the gender of the abuser/abused.
    No, anyone who believes that gender is irrelevant when discussing systemic sexual assault is willfully ignorant.

Grow up, get a clue, open your eyes. IT MATTERS.

Removing gender from the discussion prevents discussion of gender roles, of societal expectations placed on men and women that allow predators like this to run rampant and afford them protections. It prevents discussion of power structures that have been benefiting men over women for DECADES.

You don't get to shut down a discussion by being willfully ignorant. Take your crap elsewhere, get your head out of the fucking ground. This kind of attitude accomplishes nothing but shutting down discussions around what the actual problem is, which is POWERFUL MEN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE POWER THAT OUR WORLD ALLOWS THEM TO HAVE OVER WOMEN.

GENDER MATTERS.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    No, anyone who believes that gender is irrelevant when discussing systemic sexual assault is willfully ignorant.

Grow up, get a clue, open your eyes. IT MATTERS.

Removing gender from the discussion prevents discussion of gender roles, of societal expectations placed on men and women that allow predators like this to run rampant and afford them protections. It prevents discussion of power structures that have been benefiting men over women for DECADES.

You don't get to shut down a discussion by being willfully ignorant. Take your crap elsewhere, get your head out of the fucking ground. This kind of attitude accomplishes nothing but shutting down discussions around what the actual problem is, which is POWERFUL MEN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE POWER THAT OUR WORLD ALLOWS THEM TO HAVE OVER WOMEN.

GENDER MATTERS.
    Let me know when you can actually argue using arguments, or at least when you can admit that your views are just that and not THE absolute truth.

Adding insults to your posts doesn't make your points stronger.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Let me know when you can actually argue using arguments, or at least when you can admit that your views are just that and not THE absolute truth.

Adding insults to your posts doesn't make your points stronger.
    No thanks, I'm good not interacting with you. I'd rather talk to people who I could possibly have a productive conversation with, rather than one who wants to be willfully ignorant.

Your argument is nothing more than a distraction that would waste everyone's time if we tried to debate it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    No thanks, I'm good not interacting with you. I'd rather talk to people who I could possibly have a productive conversation with, rather than one who wants to be willfully ignorant.

Your argument is nothing more than a distraction that would waste everyone's time if we tried to debate it.
    So you only want to talk about this with people who agree with you or are willing to agree with you. Basically you want to hear/read your own views and opinions coming from someone else.

That's great. I don't see how that builds up any kind of debate or opens up any room for an actual discussion. Nothing wrong with that, but please stop quoting me then.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So you only want to talk about this with people who agree with you or are willing to agree with you. Basically you want to hear/read your own views and opinions coming from someone else.

That's great. I don't see how that builds up any kind of debate or opens up any room for an actual discussion. Nothing wrong with that, but please stop quoting me then.
    No, I'm happy to have discussions with people who make meaningful contributions.

I'm not happy to have conversations with people who claim the sky is red; that you can't explain why the tide goes in, tide goes out; or that sexual assault isn't about gender.

There is a very basic amount of education that needs to be achieved before a person can make a meaningful contribution to a discussion, and you have most certainly not reached it. Get your head out of the sand, go educate yourself, and come back when you have.