Thread: Stephen King

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Not really. It's not like 9/11/01 where everybody gets it, I would be surprised if 1 out of 10 people know the JFK date...
    On the other hand, we'll see if the average citizen of 2061 remembers the twin towers at all...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Do people in America in general know the date of JFK shooting? Whenever I think or talk about 11.22.63, I always just call it 'that JFK book'
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Not really. It's not like 9/11/01 where everybody gets it, I would be surprised if 1 out of 10 people know the JFK date...
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    On the other hand, we'll see if the average citizen of 2061 remembers the twin towers at all...
    Right. The number of those who remember or know the 11/22/63 date rises dramatically if the people you're asking are old enough. My dad says that every generation has 1 or 2 dates during their lives when events happened that you will always remember. And not just the date, but where you were and what you were doing. For us, it's 9/11/01. Even though I was only 4, I clearly remember first hearing about it. For those old enough to be living then, JFK's assassination is one of those moments. My grandfather told of when he first heard about Pearl Harbor. Disasters or traumatic events imprint strongly in the memory if you're living through them. Reading about them in a history book, not as much.