Thread: Random Celebrity Headlines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Ok.
    With this one, at this point, I think he might have trouble reading social cues or something; as in, he maybe thought he was flirting with these women.
    Obviously, admittedly, I REALLY don't want to accept this. I generally don't give these people the benefit of the doubt. (But I'm giving it to Freeman.) And I may well be wrong.

This one's gonna be interesting. I don't think I'm going to be the only one who is crying "does not compute" on this one.

The only person who I think is more unimpeachable than Freeman is Tom Hanks.

My prediction? True or not, for better or worse, people aren't gonna buy this or at least will downplay it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-24-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ok.
    With this one, at this point, I think he might have trouble reading social cues or something; as in, he maybe thought he was flirting with these women.
    I’m sure he was. Unwanted and/or persistent flirting in a workplace is literal sexual harassment. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_harassment

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    I’m sure he was. Unwanted and/or persistent flirting in a workplace is literal sexual harassment. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_harassment
    Quite naturally!
    I'm sorry for the lack of clarity; pardon me.
    I guess what I mean is more like that he thought they were BOTH flirting, or at least that his advances weren't unwanted.

This is what I mean by "trouble reading social cues."
    I don't think there was anything sinister behind it
    I would guess that the man is currently thinking "OH SHIT! I TOTALLY misread those situations! I'm so embarrassed!" vs. "Oh fuck, those dumb bitches told on me."

Of course @playwithfire : I hope you understand what I meant now, but keep in mind- I said these things with a LOT of caveats. I DAMN sure could be TOTALLY wrong; I realize that.

BUT:
    This is crossing into rough territory for me.
    I see Freeman as a shining paragon of what it means to be a good human being and he's the first of the accused in that ballpark for me. He's up there with Tom Hanks, Nelson Mandela, Obama, and Saint Paul (seriously.)