Thread: The little things that piss you off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Well so I have my old original retail cd copy of Max Payne for PC. Each time i have the desire to play it i basically have a brand new computer or operating system and every single time without fail there's a new set of problems to diagnose in order to get the game running.

If it wasn't for the fan community coming up with patches or fixes this thing would not work at all. You want to know where it DOES work? it works if you buy a digital copy for PS4, it works on iOS and Android because Rockstar or whoever patches it when new OS versions come out.

They go out of their way to patch the mobile version but can't give us on the PC platform the same treatment? WHAT THE HELL GIVES?! Needless to say i sent them an email to their mouth off address lol

I can do the leg work if i have to but i shouldn't have to, it shouldn't be so cumbersome to get games like this playing on modern PC hardware and the fact that they still support the other platforms over the one i vastly prefer just drives me up the fucking wall.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Well so I have my old original retail cd copy of Max Payne for PC. Each time i have the desire to play it i basically have a brand new computer or operating system and every single time without fail there's a new set of problems to diagnose in order to get the game running.

If it wasn't for the fan community coming up with patches or fixes this thing would not work at all. You want to know where it DOES work? it works if you buy a digital copy for PS4, it works on iOS and Android because Rockstar or whoever patches it when new OS versions come out.

They go out of their way to patch the mobile version but can't give us on the PC platform the same treatment? WHAT THE HELL GIVES?! Needless to say i sent them an email to their mouth off address lol

I can do the leg work if i have to but i shouldn't have to, it shouldn't be so cumbersome to get games like this playing on modern PC hardware and the fact that they still support the other platforms over the one i vastly prefer just drives me up the fucking wall.
    I saw a conversation on twitter the other day where there is a concerted effort to keep people from being able to play their old games because a company might, at some point, decide to sell a remastered version. It's ludicrous. Why aren't we allowed to own the thing we paid for?